• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Just now, Randolph Duke said:

If we were serious about winning championships in college football we wouldn’t be outsourcing oversight and control of the program to Regents and donors who have proven themselves not to be up to the challenge. 

We aren't serious about winning championships in college football. We are happy if they happen every 30 years or so.

• Like 1

Sources: Oregon is set to hire Marshall Malchow as the chief of staff for football. He’s the associate AD for football at Texas A&M and has worked in personnel at UGA and Washington.

Oregon poaching key Texas A&M staffer, per report

Texas A&M has the nation’s No. 1 recruiting class for 2022, but to repeat, the Aggies will have to replace a key staffer.

College football insider Pete Thamel is reporting, per sources, that Texas A&M Associate AD for Football Marshall Malchow is set to be hired as the chief of staff at Oregon.

Malchow was hired at Texas A&M in January 2020 after 4 seasons at Georgia. Malchow’s Texas A&M bio notes that in February 2018, he was named National Player Personnel Director of the Year by FootballScoop.com.

Malchow reunites with Dan Lanning at Oregon. The Georgia defensive coordinator was recently hired as the new head coach of the Ducks. Lanning and Malchow were both on Kirby Smart’s staff for the 2018 and ’19 seasons.

Guess he needs to leave before the shit hits the fan.....hmmm.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tamu-football/oregon-poaching-key-texas-am-staffer-per-report

As we prepare for "doesn't matter, got Jimbo" from aggys in response to any constructive comment about TAMU, the university recently commissioned an outside review of the university. Among the findings of the report:

(my personal favorite - "Faculty losing sight of need to continue educating, advancing knowledge, and granting degrees." As I have often said, A&M exists to promote white trash, redneck culture, not to promote knowledge.)

•Limited financial resources to recruit and retain talented faculty and staff. Not competitive enough with the marketplace.
•The campus faces a deferred maintenance challenge regarding its infrastructure.
•The Aggie culture impinges upon the potential for change within the university. The notion of an all-male, military component of the school impinges upon the culture of higher education.
•Lack of investment in and inclusion of other TAMU branches and locations.
•The current organizational structure within the university is unclear, including what the deans are responsible for and to whom they report. This includes siloing and lack of lateral communication. Individuals often re-invent the wheel instead of collaborating.
•The current strategic approach is not specific enough to TAMU and could apply to any university.
•Faculty review process is not thorough and the push to innovate is lacking.
•Student Affairs is unorganized, does not oversee all of the correct functions, and could be improved with restructure.
•Inconsistency in processes, problem-solving, tasking, and organization has created an ad hoc conglomeration of “one-offs” that make it difficult for individuals to identify their responsibilities.
•Marketing and Communication’s strategy is decentralized and unclear. Crisis messaging is outdated. University communication is generally disjointed, unclear, inefficient, and a struggle. Faculty learns of significant organizational changes through the wrong channels, e.g., social media.

•Lack of faculty diversity and poor retention of diverse faculty members both at the university and department levels.
•University climate not always welcoming, particularly to diverse faculty, staff, and students. Enrollment of diverse students, particularly African Americans, is low. Student and faculty populations do not reflect the state population.
•Perception that TAMU history and culture have negatively impacted student body diversity. TAMU has historically been conservative and slow to change regarding diversity issues. Fish Camp is an example of this—there is a lack of control over the content of the camp. The challenges of polarized politics have the potential to threaten core values.
•No clear ownership of the current strategic plan.
•Faculty losing sight of need to continue educating, advancing knowledge, and granting degrees.
•Continuation of inefficient processes, process loopholes, and resource allocation.
•Lack of transparency and consistent communication from university leadership. Many faculty and staff members are anxious about changes in leadership, which has happened often in recent years. There is a fear that lack of transparency and communication to and amongst faculty members could create a culture of cynicism and lack of respect.

https://cache.cloud.tamu.edu/feedback/TAMU_Comprehensive_Review_10192021.pdf?_ga=2.71616339.1708821177.1635166615-58743126.1634661426&_gl=1*9a7efm*_ga*NTg3NDMxMjYuMTYzNDY2MTQyNg..*_ga_SJ5GMN0ZQL*MTYzNTE4NzE4NS41LjEuMTYzNTE4ODEwMC42MA..

Edited by Randolph Duke

This is some leadership 101 shit right here.

•The current organizational structure within the university is unclear, including what the deans are responsible for and to whom they report. This includes siloing and lack of lateral communication. Individuals often re-invent the wheel instead of collaborating.

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, LW Goatman said:

This is some leadership 101 shit right here.

•The current organizational structure within the university is unclear, including what the deans are responsible for and to whom they report. This includes siloing and lack of lateral communication. Individuals often re-invent the wheel instead of collaborating.

Sounds like every organization. It’s endemic in human organizations. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Sources: Oregon is set to hire Marshall Malchow as the chief of staff for football. He’s the associate AD for football at Texas A&M and has worked in personnel at UGA and Washington.

Oregon poaching key Texas A&M staffer, per report

Texas A&M has the nation’s No. 1 recruiting class for 2022, but to repeat, the Aggies will have to replace a key staffer.

College football insider Pete Thamel is reporting, per sources, that Texas A&M Associate AD for Football Marshall Malchow is set to be hired as the chief of staff at Oregon.

Malchow was hired at Texas A&M in January 2020 after 4 seasons at Georgia. Malchow’s Texas A&M bio notes that in February 2018, he was named National Player Personnel Director of the Year by FootballScoop.com.

Malchow reunites with Dan Lanning at Oregon. The Georgia defensive coordinator was recently hired as the new head coach of the Ducks. Lanning and Malchow were both on Kirby Smart’s staff for the 2018 and ’19 seasons.

Guess he needs to leave before the shit hits the fan.....hmmm.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tamu-football/oregon-poaching-key-texas-am-staffer-per-report

Sounds like one year in Collieville was more than enough... smart man.

17 minutes ago, B00M said:

Max takes their QB room from a dumpster fire to competent. If he'd been on this year's team they might have been special. Shame, really.

Bringing this guy with 1.5 seasons experience (60.3%, 2815 yards, 27 TD, 6 INT) he's got to start next year right? Also with 2 seasons of eligibility left for Max, you got to think Weigman or King (most likely) will be gone after next year or even after spring in King's case. 

4 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

Bringing this guy with 1.5 seasons experience (60.3%, 2815 yards, 27 TD, 6 INT) he's got to start next year right? Also with 2 seasons of eligibility left for Max, you got to think Weigman or King (most likely) will be gone after next year or even after spring in King's case. 

Why not both.gif

2 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

Be weird if Weigman left. Do QBs not expect a redshirt year behind the established QB then a second year where they see limited action before competing to take over?

Or maybe I'm just more out of touch than I thought.

I do wonder what the ease of changing teams will do to the work ethic of players. We'll see.

31 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

King is so undersized you knew he had no chance of surviving the SEC SEC SEC. He didn't even make it past Colorado before he got ragdolled. Dude might be Sunbelt ready

27 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Be weird if Weigman left. Do QBs not expect a redshirt year behind the established QB then a second year where they see limited action before competing to take over?

Or maybe I'm just more out of touch than I thought.

I do wonder what the ease of changing teams will do to the work ethic of players. We'll see.

Yes you are out of touch.  Ewers  lasted 3 months.  

50 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Yes you are out of touch.  Ewers  lasted 3 months.  

But is he typical? I don't think so. 

Few QBs in a decade are as acclaimed as he is. He has some reason to believe he can step in and start, and he has had a season of college.

I may be very out of touch, but I don't think pointing to a rare bird like Ewers proves it.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, B00M said:

King is so undersized you knew he had no chance of surviving the SEC SEC SEC. He didn't even make it past Colorado before he got ragdolled. Dude might be Sunbelt ready

Having watched him a bunch in high school, he never seemed like an elite QB. His performance dropped off his senior year after his favorite receiver graduated.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

But is he typical? I don't think so. 

Few QBs in a decade are as acclaimed as he is. He has some reason to believe he can step in and start, and he has had a season of college.

I may be very out of touch, but I don't think pointing to a rare bird like Ewers proves it.

That’s fair.  What about a guy like Cameron rising who also lasted a semester.  But yea QBs seem to be pulling the ripcord earlier and earlier.  And now it seems even qbs that we’re starters are saying “fuck it” before they even get (potentially) beat out in spring practice.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

Having watched him a bunch in high school, he never seemed like an elite QB. His performance dropped off his senior year after his favorite receiver graduated.

Yep. Game manager. But that is what Jimbo's offense requires. Ball control and a lack of recklessness.

Johnny Manziel is antithetical to what Jimbo wants to do. Jameis Winston really was, as well.

7 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

King will be in portal before fall. Writing has to be on the wall for the kid... he's the next "Calzada" for the A&M fan base... They'll already calling for Weigman and Jimbo has made it really, really clear that he's his guy.

Wait, how can they part with a QB that would have put them in the SEC Championship Game? They'd have been 11-1 going into that game and beaten Georgia (shitty Alabama did and Aggy beat 'Bama, they control tha Tide ya know) for a playoff spot.

I read it on the Texags!

7 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

As we prepare for "doesn't matter, got Jimbo" from aggys in response to any constructive comment about TAMU, the university recently commissioned an outside review of the university. Among the findings of the report:

(my personal favorite - "Faculty losing sight of need to continue educating, advancing knowledge, and granting degrees." As I have often said, A&M exists to promote white trash, redneck culture, not to promote knowledge.)

•Limited financial resources to recruit and retain talented faculty and staff. Not competitive enough with the marketplace.
•The campus faces a deferred maintenance challenge regarding its infrastructure.
•The Aggie culture impinges upon the potential for change within the university. The notion of an all-male, military component of the school impinges upon the culture of higher education.
•The current organizational structure within the university is unclear, including what the deans are responsible for and to whom they report. This includes siloing and lack of lateral communication. Individuals often re-invent the wheel instead of collaborating.
•The current strategic approach is not specific enough to TAMU and could apply to any university.
•Student Affairs is unorganized, does not oversee all of the correct functions, and could be improved with restructure.
•Inconsistency in processes, problem-solving, tasking, and organization has created an ad hoc conglomeration of “one-offs” that make it difficult for individuals to identify their responsibilities.
•Marketing and Communication’s strategy is decentralized and unclear. Crisis messaging is outdated. University communication is generally disjointed, unclear, inefficient, and a struggle. Faculty learns of significant organizational changes through the wrong channels, e.g., social media.

•Lack of faculty diversity and poor retention of diverse faculty members both at the university and department levels.
•University climate not always welcoming, particularly to diverse faculty, staff, and students. Enrollment of diverse students, particularly African Americans, is low. Student and faculty populations do not reflect the state population.
•Perception that TAMU history and culture have negatively impacted student body diversity. TAMU has historically been conservative and slow to change regarding diversity issues. Fish Camp is an example of this—there is a lack of control over the content of the camp. The challenges of polarized politics have the potential to threaten core values.
•Faculty losing sight of need to continue educating, advancing knowledge, and granting degrees.
•Continuation of inefficient processes, process loopholes, and resource allocation.
•Lack of transparency and consistent communication from university leadership. Many faculty and staff members are anxious about changes in leadership, which has happened often in recent years. There is a fear that lack of transparency and communication to and amongst faculty members could create a culture of cynicism and lack of respect.

https://cache.cloud.tamu.edu/feedback/TAMU_Comprehensive_Review_10192021.pdf?_ga=2.71616339.1708821177.1635166615-58743126.1634661426&_gl=1*9a7efm*_ga*NTg3NDMxMjYuMTYzNDY2MTQyNg..*_ga_SJ5GMN0ZQL*MTYzNTE4NzE4NS41LjEuMTYzNTE4ODEwMC42MA..

Did you seriously read thru 133 pages of shit no one at atm will even ever read to get all the bad highlights?!?  I’ve got to give you an A+ For dedication!  Now tell us why they aren’t actually tied with us for income in brief layman terms.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hook1997 said:

Did you seriously read thru 133 pages of shit no one at atm will even ever read to get all the bad highlights?!?  I’ve got to give you an A+ For dedication!  Now tell us why they aren’t actually tied with us for income in brief layman terms.  

No, I didn't. Skimming very quickly for highlights is just one of many many skills.

Bullet points and headlines that say things like "Main Findings" are sometimes subtle clues.

It's a consultant report written for aggys. One big "SWOT" report written by kids three years out of grad school. I didn't look at the page count, but if it is 133 pages, about 128 are sheer waste.

The problem with A&M is simple - It's run by aggys. aggys are largely simple minded people who struggle to envision what change might look like and who never see enough of the world outside their insular culture to understand just how backwater their culture truly is.

The answer - a complete restructuring and a total de-Nazification of the aggy system and TAMU senior administrators. Replace them with people who understand the value of higher education and who don't care about the idolatry, fairy tales, and fake army shit that define A&M today.

Edited by Randolph Duke

9 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Wait you’re telling me the guy that threw 3 interceptions against Kent State might not be very good? 

He was dog shit in the under armor game where even Hudson card looked decent

Edited by B00M

19 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Is the head aggy supposed to respond to this or do they just toss it in the trash?

16 hours ago, B00M said:

Max takes their QB room from a dumpster fire to competent. If he'd been on this year's team they might have been special. Shame, really.

Aggy is like the LA Clippers. Doesn't matter who plays for them, the stench of the organization will always win out.

Edited by Thatguy
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

The answer - a complete restructuring and a total de-Nazification of the aggy system and TAMU senior administrators. Replace them with people who understand the value of higher education and who don't care about the idolatry, fairy tales, and fake army shit that define A&M today.

Aggy leadership understands its audience and stays in its lane. Placating to that element of society is how they've grown into the biggest University in the US. They are laughing their way to the bank. Why would they change? Every hard working blue collar type in the great state of Texas is just itching to send their kid there for "programming". Aggy has made themselves into a badge of honor for ultra conservatives, and has built themselves as proof positive that you raised your children correctly. Here is your gold star mom and dad. Damn be it all about education. Children largely want to please their parents. Aggy understands this. They are playing the role perfectly. As society becomes more politically divided Aggy grows stronger.

1b0xhnl.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2