• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

This poor kid is passing up the opportunity to win a guaranteed national championship AND to go through the rest of his life as a better American than anyone else.

He showed up in August and by December his only thought was "RUN!"

Son, thank you for your service.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

Four years in and Jimbo "the QB Whisperer" Fisher has the 8&4 QB room right where he wants it...

Now to just figure out who he can line up at QB against Wake Forest since no one is left ready to play this season except for a walk-on QB that even ole Billy doesn't want or expect to "actually" play...

Next year though... man look out -- the starter is returning, well season starter... didn't look good and took a mild hit that ended his season... but man would he have finished looking like a Heisman winner as long as we removed the game footage of the games he actually did play.  Of course he'll likely be trumped by a wonder kid HS QB who will play baseball in the spring but I expect to have a Heisman worthy, incredible summer camp and be ready to take command from day 1.... good times.

Four years... right where he wants to be. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Four years in and Jimbo "the QB Whisperer" Fisher has the 8&4 QB room right where he wants it...

Now to just figure out who he can line up at QB against Wake Forest since no one is left ready to play this season except for a walk-on QB that even ole Billy doesn't want or expect to "actually" play...

Next year though... man look out -- the starter is returning, well season starter... didn't look good and took a mild hit that ended his season... but man would he have finished looking like a Heisman winner as long as we removed the game footage of the games he actually did play.  Of course he'll likely be trumped by a wonder kid HS QB who will play baseball in the spring but I expect to have a Heisman worthy, incredible summer camp and be ready to take command from day 1.... good times.

Jimbo to the powers that be

4eec2a64-f124-4614-abab-a5b7159fe7c9_tex

They have to be grabbing someone from the portal right? Trusting your offense to a gimpy '3 INT against Kent State' and a concussed true freshman / baseball player doesn't seem like an ideal situation. Gonna laugh when they bring in a Slovis / Rattler type and Weigman transfers in the spring lol. 

Also Jimbo's system isn't conducive for the Portal era.. too complicated to pick up and run efficiently in an offseason or two... aggy will fail miserably until Jimbo hires an OC with modern football credentials. 

Edited by UTEX_ME

From aggy secrant post:

Yeah he posted the infamous “S my D” Instagram story after either the Ole Miss or LSU loss. Apparently he can’t take the heat.

Honestly I never saw why he was so highly recruited. If you look at his HS stats they looked about like his stats at A&M. I guess he just had a big arm that impressed a lot of people.

He seems like a guy that will go to a smaller conference with a team with a spread offense and light it up. He made a couple amazing throws this year but under pressure from SEC defenses he would get pretty flustered and miss easy throws.

Haha:

Some guys have it some guys don’t.....but he did beat Bama...and can put on his resume!

2 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

From aggy secrant post:

Yeah he posted the infamous “S my D” Instagram story after either the Ole Miss or LSU loss. Apparently he can’t take the heat.

Honestly I never saw why he was so highly recruited. If you look at his HS stats they looked about like his stats at A&M. I guess he just had a big arm that impressed a lot of people.

He's this guy. Just needs the glasses...

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

From aggy secrant post:

He seems like a guy that will go to a smaller conference with a team with a spread offense and light it up. He made a couple amazing throws this year but under pressure from SEC defenses he would get pretty flustered and miss easy throws.

Haha:

Some guys have it some guys don’t.....but he did beat Bama...and can put on his resume!

Can't handle big boy SECX3 defenses, needs to transfer to a "lesser" conference with a spread offense.

Hmmm.  Who else converted to a gimmicky spread offense?  Oh, that's right, Saban, with Joey Freshwater.  Who else beat T8&4 this year?  Oh, that's right, Joey Freshwater, with his gimmicky spread.  And the Pirate, with the ultimate gimmicky spread.  

aggy fanboys are still stuck on the narrative of "BDF spread gimmicky and bad/ground-and-pound SECX3 big boy offense good."  Forgetting that they had their Heisman season with their spread concepts before the SECX3 adapted, and most of the rest of the SECX3 has adapted at least part of the spread concepts.  Plus, of course, there are two or three really good teams in the SECX3, just like there are in every conference.  And then a bunch of mediocre teams, and then a few garbage teams.  Just like every other conference.  And T8&4 was, is, and will always be, squarely in the mediocre category.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, theBigHen said:

The article was written in the 2020 season, based on 2019 data. They just recycled an old article without updating any data.

source article:

https://www.gobankingrates.com/net-worth/sports/25-most-valuable-teams-college-football/

From the article:

Using data from Forbes, GOBankingRates ranked the top 25 teams based on their three-year average revenue, while also listing each team’s three-year average profit for reference. Some teams rake in the big bucks through lucrative media contracts, and others rely on massive fan bases. And then some of the teams earn their money the old-fashioned way — by winning on the field.

Last updated: Oct. 8, 2020

The first entry:

Clemson University: $77 Million

• Three-year average profit: $27 million
  • Conference: ACC

The star-studded and perennially dangerous Clemson Tigers, helmed by quarterback Trevor Lawrence, steamrolled through the Atlantic Coast Conference this season, entering the Fiesta Bowl ranked No. 3. In a magical comeback, the Tigers overcame a 16-0 deficit to beat Ohio State 29-23 in the College Football Playoff semifinal. It was the team’s 29th straight victory, and the Tigers will play No. 1 LSU in the title game on Jan. 13. It will be the defending champs’ fourth visit to the championship game in five years.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Treefidy said:

So far on texags I have read that:

Ewers will be a bust, he’s Tate Martell 2:0.  That we paid him $5M and counting.  Jimbo didn’t want him because he’s a head case.

Our NIL program is stupid and second rate because we are telling everyone what we are doing, and that “dropping bags of money is more morally better”. Our NIL program is fraudulent and a failure.   We are trying to out do ‘80s SMU (that’s rich).  They should start a performance based NIL that pays all their OL, DL, LBs, QBs, WRs, DBs, and special teams all 50;001.

Seriousl, what a bunch of dumbfucks. 

Thank you. My texags trolling paid off. I'm gonna have another beer 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, VoteforHank said:

What is it with aggy hating on their QB’s so much that they transfer out? 
Power move by Calzada to leave ags high and dry for Bowl game. He’s now my favorite aggy QB. 

ags and their "history of convenience" and "situational ethics" are comical. Horace Carswell enrolled at A&M back in the 1930s, stayed one semester, ran like Hell from that shithole and then spent four years at TCU getting his education. To this day, as evidenced by his shrine on the aggy campus, aggys embrace Carswell as one of the greatest aggys EVAR! Barely a semester on campus and plenty of evidence that he wanted nothing to do with A&M, or anything A&M was about.

Yet here is a kid who showed up, did what was asked of him, "stood ready to come off the bench to the aid of his school in a time of great need," delivered a season-salvaging win against Alabama while playing injured, and "aggy ethics" don't even earn him a "thank you" on the way out the door as he carries the aggy diploma he earned under his arm.

And let's not forget King Gill quit on his team mid-season back in 1921 because he wasn't getting playing time and thought he would do better playing another sport (basketball). His having quit on the team was why he was in the stands for the 1922 Dixie Classic game and not on the sideline with the large group of other available substitutes.

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

aggy best night of my life.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, VoteforHank said:

Power move by Calzada to leave ags high and dry for Bowl game. He’s now my favorite aggy QB. 

He wasn't playing regardless, had shoulder surgery recently.

Could be.  Mond and his 2020 o-line are the only reasons that Jimbo's record even looks competitive with Sumlin's over the first four years.  Mond developed into a very solid college QB by his final year and yet the old army ags still despised him, because... well... you know.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Could be.  Mond and his 2020 o-line are the only reasons that Jimbo's record even looks competitive with Sumlin's over the first four years.  Mond developed into a very solid college QB by his final year and yet the old army ags still despised him, because... well... you know.

spacer.png

QBs in Jimbo's system are game managers. That's what he wants.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, VoteforHank said:

Portal QB U. "We recruit them so they can transfer elsewhere."

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I honestly think King will be a portal candidate, too. Probably not until after next season, once he has fully healed. This is not the QB room he was recruited into, and you would think he won't be satisfied just being a four year backup.

He really preferred LSU, but never got offered.  Maybe, just maybe….that could work out.  TBD.

3 minutes ago, BigHornedLurker said:

anyone got a read on how many wake forest abstainers ? I would imagine not many since wake doesn't go bowling often, would hate to see A&M get mud holed .. would be a damn shame 

Unfortunately, we know the outcome of this game is going to result in one of two things:

1. Aggy loses, and the refrain will be: "didn't matter.  players focused on next year.  would have beaten *anyone* the way we have been playing, if we'd had the whole team."

2. Aggy wins: "this proves how deeply talented our roster is.  Jimbo building the team right.  Setting us up for our 'natty' next year!!!  'tu' isn't even in a bowl game!"

Would be a hell of a bingo/drinking game...

• Haha 1

On 12/13/2021 at 12:50 PM, MonkeyDoughnut said:

if A&M loses the Gator Bowl, the Ags will have only finished ranked twice in Jimbo's first 4 seasons ---- just like Sumlin.  And Jimbo's 4th-year record will be 8-5,  also just like Sumlin.  I'm going to start calling him "White Summy."

• Haha 1

On 12/13/2021 at 11:24 AM, Enchubben said:

Aggy didn't beat BoB or Alabama.  BoB beat Alabama. 

We were the biggest contributors to Alabama's slight dip this year. We took half his coaching staff. But the biggest blow was taking Kei Rob. When their RB went down, they began having problems running the ball.  They didn't have their plug n play backup because he was in Texas backing up our guy. Their next RB wasn't as skilled, nor was he ready to take the bulk of the workload.  

Still helping little brother earn those little gold stars and they have no clue how much we do for them... Lol

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Chad said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/texas-a-26m-star-rb-isaiah-spiller-heading-to-nfl/ar-AAROeyW

The aggy are going to be lacking a RB in an addition to a QB in the Gator Bowl. Spiller declared for the NFL, will they even be able to break the 10 point thresh hold against Wake Forest?

The Wake Forest defense is really bad. Their offense is good though.