• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, mchookem said:

hahahaahaaha...i hadn't seen this yet, that's beautiful man 🤣

FOUR YEARS into Jimbo's tenure and his receivers aren't setting up past the line to gain on 3rd down with the game on the line. Watch how many times Leon O'Neal was targeted (right half in a 2-deep safety scheme) with the game on the line.

And Billy Liucci insists the reason the ags lost the game was because of incompetent refs.

I hate to have to explain to Billy Liucci that it is futile to build a scheme based on throwing short of the line to gain on third down with the game on the line. That may be "aggy smart," but it will never be more than that. And let's not delve into "aggy smart," because Billy will never survive that discussion.

Jimbo will never be called out for his weaknesses as their head coach because far too many ags have either bought into or perpetuated Jimbo's "he-ro" status.

But watch that video and tell me that team is well coached.

I can point out a lot of ways the Texas team is poorly coached, but it is absurd to claim Jimbo has coached up the aggy football team to a point for them to be national championship contenders.

Since showing up in the SEC (this round), Kiffin has done far more than Jimbo.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, texasstrong12 said:

I don’t think people realize how bad that LSU loss was. 

LSU was down a billion starters because of injuries/transfers. They lost to LSU’s 2nd team. 

Also, if aggy had LSU's schedule, what would their record have been? We'll toss out the 3 weak sisters that aggy and LSU played.  Here's what they would have faced with LSU's schedule:

• aggy @ UCLA (Sagarin #26) instead of @ Colorado (Sagarin #88)
  • aggy @ Kentucky (#22) instead of @ Mizzou (#72) 
  • aggy vs Florida (#38) instead of vs SCar (#67)
  • aggy @ Bama instead of aggy vs Bama

Good chance aggy ends up at 6-6 (or worse) and LSU at 8-4 if they had traded schedules.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

I unwittingly sat behind a gaggle of aggy douche at Torchy's.  I was reminded that there are no aggy jokes; they're all true stories.  I overheard, between bouts of my wife's and my stifling our laughter, loud declarations that Ole Miss was a quality loss, something something 'bama, something something Jimbo.  Then, the usual comparisons to them to best teams in the Big XII and strength of schedule versus the !!!!SEC!!!!; then a left turn into what Riley would face in the PAC XII and how Colorado didn't deserve FSC status, and on and on and on. 

You read enough on here and you start to think of it as a characteristic in the vein of Thujone's shame paints.  But having seen it up close, I reaffirm for myself:

tumblr_nwif3cshbl1twcj5xo2_540.gif

Edited by dcbc

I've always liked Okie State, but that feeling didn't really mature until a game at Kyle field (can't remember the year, but Sherman was coaching aggy) when aggy was leading at halftime, and in the second half the Pokes went tempo with a steady diet of nothing but WR screens. Stupid aggy couldn't adjust, and they were so gassed they made fools of themselves with fake injuries after every down. Funniest damned half of football I've ever seen.

11 hours ago, Redneck Mutha said:

Also, if aggy had LSU's schedule, what would their record have been? We'll toss out the 3 weak sisters that aggy and LSU played.  Here's what they would have faced with LSU's schedule:

• aggy @ UCLA (Sagarin #26) instead of @ Colorado (Sagarin #88)
  • aggy @ Kentucky (#22) instead of @ Mizzou (#72) 
  • aggy vs Florida (#38) instead of vs SCar (#67)
  • aggy @ Bama instead of aggy vs Bama

Good chance aggy ends up at 6-6 (or worse) and LSU at 8-4 if they had traded schedules.

Yeah, very good point. 

Per Sagarin, LSU played the #4 SOS and aggy the #41 SOS. You're right that the only thing really separating either team this season was a softer schedule. 

1 hour ago, texasstrong12 said:

Yeah, very good point. 

Per Sagarin, LSU played the #4 SOS and aggy the #41 SOS. You're right that the only thing really separating either team this season was a softer schedule. 

I think that's true of basically the entire SECW.  Not much difference in the quality of those 6 teams, or even 7 if we consider that Alabama struggled with some bad teams and lost to the ags.  I said before the season I expected the SECW teams to all trade off 2-4 losses among them and well, here we are.  Not because they're particularly good, just because they're all pretty mediocre.

Alabama is still decently good and will always be a contender as long as Saban is there, but this year Ole Miss was basically King Of The Dipshits.  And the ags were... well... 5th in their own division.  Again.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Man I totally missed another Leon moment live. 1:33 timestamp in the above video. O'Neal is way too slow to cover the sideline in Cover 2 even though he started on the hash which is wide in college. When the ball gets there he's barely past the numbers and he yells and claps at his teammates for not doing their job. The only problem is that the CB did his job. He got his hands on and carried the WR at the snap, forcing him to run wide and around him to get upfield. A safety with even decent speed can get there to make the play. O'Neal's half wasn't threatened by anyone else, his only job was to get to that spot. Not sure what the coverage is on the bottom side of the field but on his side the deep sideline is his responsibility. He fails and yells at other people. Jones and Gilbert both look exasperated with O'Neal as he yells at nobody in particular. I know who I believe.

Classic Leon.

23 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Classic Leon.

I figured O'Neal had used up all his eligibility, but judging by aggy collectively begging him to come back for one more year, I guess not. Unless, of course, theres an NFL team in the market for a DB that runs a 4.8.

This reply is humorously accurate

58 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Man I totally missed another Leon moment live. 1:33 timestamp in the above video. O'Neal is way too slow to cover the sideline in Cover 2 even though he started on the hash which is wide in college. When the ball gets there he's barely past the numbers and he yells and claps at his teammates for not doing their job. The only problem is that the CB did his job. He got his hands on and carried the WR at the snap, forcing him to run wide and around him to get upfield. A safety with even decent speed can get there to make the play. O'Neal's half wasn't threatened by anyone else, his only job was to get to that spot. Not sure what the coverage is on the bottom side of the field but on his side the deep sideline is his responsibility. He fails and yells at other people. Jones and Gilbert both look exasperated with O'Neal as he yells at nobody in particular. I know who I believe.

Classic Leon.

That clip of the aggy/LSU game is awesome.

Notice on 3rd and 8, with the game on the line, The A&M receiver (Preston) sets up as a receiver five yards short of the line to gain (actually at the original line of scrimmage). He gets bailed out by some poor tackling by LSU, but what are the outside receivers doing setting up at the original line of scrimmage in that situation? Again, on 3rd and 2 and with the game on the line, the aggy TE sets up at the original line of scrimmage, behind the sticks.

Not good coaching.

And then there is Leon. Our old friend.

On the first long pass play, the one that went for 31 and took the ball past midfield, look at where Leon is (picture below), not as the ball is in the air, but when the ball was caught. Leon was doubling the TE with #20, and left the WR completely undefended. He never saw that WR until after the ball was in the air. How does anyone think that is going to get him a job in the NFL? And remember, at this point, Leon has four years of experience on the field. Don't ask me how, but he does.

Want a bonus laugh? On the 31-yd pass play (below), Leon doesn't even touch the LSU receiver. The aggy player who finally pushes the LSU receiver out of bounds is #17, who in this frame is still at the LSU 42-yd line, 10 yds away from the ball carrier. From six feet away, Leon still can't get the proper angle to make the play.

On the last LSU drive, with the game on the line, five straight passes to the right side of the field. Just staring down the receiver the entire time. The QB never had a doubt where he was going with the ball. The two big plays were for 31 and 28 yards. What do you think LSU identified as A&M's defensive weakness? Targeting Leon and it paid off.

On the touchdown throw, I have no idea what angle Leon was taking. I don't think Leon had a clue either.

But the referees are to blame for A&M losing that game. Sure thing, Liucci. Whatever you say.

leon lost 2.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Maroon colored rubbers?

There has to be a sheep/ jizz jar joke in there somewhere.

The ags have a thread up venting their complete confusion over how Baylor has a better athletics program than theirs. Interestingly, not a single mention of “since 1975,” “since women were admitted to A&M, or any other the the bullshit “historical references “ they try to use to explain how A&M is “just like Texas.”

How is it that the references they use to calculate “aggy greatness” don’t apply across the board when comparing aggy athletics to all other programs? 

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3253431

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M. 

58 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Who wants to bet that after four years of Jimbo, a number of aggy players opt out of this Gator Bowl and show the players no longer have their vanuted "team first mentality."

I do expect Leon to play in the bowl game. I have no doubt Leon isn't "NFL focused."

Next up from Olin - how Jimbo has the team headed in "the right direction" and that next year is aggy's really big year.

olin buchanan not nfl focused.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke

On 12/1/2021 at 9:34 AM, 'stache said:

This is what I'll never understand about aggy. Why do they have to constantly pretend that they are something that they are not? Why can't they just accept that they have their own thing going and be proud of who they are? This is what separates aggy from any other program with a superior rival. You saw last week every poke fan thinking we'd lose and acknowledging the history. We know where we fit in that rivalry and we don't pretend to be anything different. We at least are superior in baseball and probably even in basketball overall. We love winning the Bedlam Bell (trophy covering all sports). Aggy is far more inferior overall to UT in pretty much every sport yet think they are equals or superior. I'm fine with you guys calling us Okie Lite, but I lose my shit when anyone says Okie aggy or makes any other comparison. We don't have any sort of delusions of grandeur, and we don't jizz in mason jars. It's not the same, not even fucking close. 

Also unlike aggy, every Okie Lite fan and alum I've met or worked with is nothing but a joy to be around. They know their place when it comes to the football rivalry with OU. Even our regional manger, a poke grad, told me how shocked he was that they beat OU and made the Big 12 championship game. His words, "Every Bedlam game I don't ever expect us to beat the Sooners." Also, Okie State dominates OU in wrestling. If you wanna win the conference or have a good shot at a national title you wrestle at OSU. Every kid in that state knows it. Like what OSU wrestling coach and legend John W. Smith told me at a camp when I was a kid, "OSU KNOWS they can win a national championship. OU only THINKS they can."

On 12/1/2021 at 9:34 AM, 'stache said:

This is what I'll never understand about aggy. Why do they have to constantly pretend that they are something that they are not? Why can't they just accept that they have their own thing going and be proud of who they are? This is what separates aggy from any other program with a superior rival. You saw last week every poke fan thinking we'd lose and acknowledging the history. We know where we fit in that rivalry and we don't pretend to be anything different. We at least are superior in baseball and probably even in basketball overall. We love winning the Bedlam Bell (trophy covering all sports). Aggy is far more inferior overall to UT in pretty much every sport yet think they are equals or superior. I'm fine with you guys calling us Okie Lite, but I lose my shit when anyone says Okie aggy or makes any other comparison. We don't have any sort of delusions of grandeur, and we don't jizz in mason jars. It's not the same, not even fucking close. 

Our HOA has about 100 homes in it, fairly decent place to live.  My guess would be about 10 homes or so owned by an A&M graduate.  Nobody on my street though...and we like it that way.  They are a small people who have no business living in decent society.  A few years ago, a couple tried to buy a home at the end of my street.  I found out there were Aggies, and the worst kind of Aggies.  3 days later, their offer was rejected despite it being the highest and best offer my previous neighbor's received.  I won't have those people living among us.  So long as I have breath in my lungs, no Aggie will live on the street on which I raise my children.  I didn't break any laws, I merely did what needed to be done.

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

Our HOA has about 100 homes in it, fairly decent place to live.  My guess would be about 10 homes or so owned by an A&M graduate.  Nobody on my street though...and we like it that way.  They are a small people who have no business living in decent society.  A few years ago, a couple tried to buy a home at the end of my street.  I found out there were Aggies, and the worst kind of Aggies.  3 days later, their offer was rejected despite it being the highest and best offer my previous neighbor's received.  I won't have those people living among us.  So long as I have breath in my lungs, no Aggie will live on the street on which I raise my children.  I didn't break any laws, I merely did what needed to be done.

They do have a way of lowering the property values. But on the other hand they don’t cause much trouble. But the maroon F150 in the driveway and the maroon Tahoe in the garage just get annoying after a while.

4 hours ago, Lobo said:

This sounds very aggy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Something I just realized is that an aggy SR (22 years old) has never seen back to back winning conference seasons in their lifetime. 

That’s hilarious and insane. 

They also have never seen an aggy team post a 10-win season over FBS competition. The last time they managed 10 FBS wins in a season was 1998. aggy, Vanderbilt and Kentucky are the only S!E!C! teams to go that long without posting 10 wins against FBS competition.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Terry Silver said:

They do have a way of lowering the property values. But on the other hand they don’t cause much trouble. But the maroon F150 in the driveway and the maroon Tahoe in the garage just get annoying after a while.

As do the old WW2 tanks parked on the street.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4