Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

28 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I love how they still call Calzada their "backup" QB too. He's played a full season now. I for one think he ends up starting more games than King in his aggy career.

Poor King too, talk about the weight of aggy nation on your shoulders all off season and to start next season. He'll never live up to the pedestal they've put him on.

I agree and said this in the recruiting thread. 

This is going to make @George Clooney rage quit. 

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

5 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

It's false hope. King and Calzada were in a close QB battle in Fall camp. Somehow they think Calzada sucks but King is their savior when there wasn't much separating either QB just a couple months ago. 

I honestly wouldn't even be surprised if Calzada wins the QB battle because he now has experience in Jimbo's system. Assuming they don't start Weigman as a true fish. 

Agreed. I don't think their problem was Calzada after he got past the shock of starting. He can gun the ball, has guts, and was generally failed by their OL and receivers. Frankly, I found myself admiring the guy. But the Aggies made him the sacrificial goat to their absurd notions of A&M's (Texas 8&4's) place in the football world.

It will be the same for Calzada next year. He'll have a more experienced OL, he will have better numbers, but he'll live on that sacrificial altar because that's what Aggies do. He can lay down in the taped outline of Mond and every senior QB they've had since the immortal Bucky Richardson.

But our stadium! Our facilities! The Aggie network!

Chanel lipstick and Louboutins on a pig, my friends. This year could have been a huge leap forward with 10 regular season wins and a top ten ranking at the end of the year.  

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Agreed. I don't think their problem was Calzada after he got past the shock of starting. He can gun the ball, has guts, and was generally failed by their OL and receivers. Frankly, I found myself admiring the guy. But the Aggies made him the sacrificial goat to their absurd notions of A&M's (Texas 8&4's) place in the football world.

It will be the same for Calzada next year. He'll have a more experienced OL, he will have better numbers, but he'll live on that sacrificial altar because that's what Aggies do. He can lay down in the taped outline of Mond and every senior QB they've had since the immortal Bucky Richardson.

But our stadium! Our facilities! The Aggie network!

Chanel lipstick and Louboutins on a pig, my friends. This year could have been a huge leap forward with 10 regular season wins and a top ten ranking at the end of the year.  

spacer.png

Calzada telling aggys to suck his dick isn’t a good sign for his relationship with the fanbase. He obviously hasn’t bought into aggy fairy tale shit. Store that little kerfuffle away. It will be revisited at sometime in the not-too-distant future. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Calzada telling aggys to suck his dick isn’t a good sign for his relationship with the fanbase. He obviously hasn’t bought into aggy fairy tale shit. Store that little kerfuffle away. It will be revisited at sometime in the not-too-distant future. 

Agreed. He's suffered the worst of bitter Aggie abuse. It's quite possible his apology was to mitigate what his justified tweet might mean to potential transfer schools. If he does enter the portal, I wish him well. I don't like seeing any player horsewhipped.

5 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Agreed. He's suffered the worst of bitter Aggie abuse. It's quite possible his apology was to mitigate what his justified tweet might mean to potential transfer schools. If he does enter the portal, I wish him well. I don't like seeing any player horsewhipped.

Hell, transfer to Texas as a big FU with double rods.

Has aggy turned on Sloneal?  The gifs showing his latest display of incompetence are over in the aggy-LSU thread, I think. He’s always seemed a little mouthy for ol’ army redasses anyway. Seems like they would be giving him the same treatment they gave Mond. 

13 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

I don't think they know what cult means to the rest of the world.   UT and LSU are going to never miss any opportunity to expose aggy hubris.    (I don't know how to resize  the TikTiok vids, sorry)

my friend, who is aggy, said a long time ago, when asked if he'd ever been part of a cult said, "yes, I went to Texas A&M".  This self awareness isn't new

1 hour ago, nnm said:

Has aggy turned on Sloneal?  The gifs showing his latest display of incompetence are over in the aggy-LSU thread, I think. He’s always seemed a little mouthy for ol’ army redasses anyway. Seems like they would be giving him the same treatment they gave Mond. 

Can't speak to all of them, but Texag posters love him.  Every time he sends out some feel good tweet, typically following an embarrassing showing, there is a thread about it.  They've completely overlooked his play, portal stuff, leaving field during game, etc.    

1 hour ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

my friend, who is aggy, said a long time ago, when asked if he'd ever been part of a cult said, "yes, I went to Texas A&M".  This self awareness isn't new

I agree.  While it hasn't been new to aggy or us, it is still a marvel to their new SEC brethren.  I guess that was the cool part of that, really.  The fact LSU is trolling them is very welcome.

• Hook 'Em 2

I'm kinda surprised Jimbo didn't jump at one of the big openings. He's losing a shit ton of players.  Rebuild or not, a .500 season or worse and aggy will start to lose their shit. Especially if Sark gets it pointed in the right direction and pulls off 8 or 9 wins (not likely)... 

Even if aggy holds it together next year as a rebuild, they will expect 9 or more wins the following, which will likely land him on a very hot seat and a possible/probable firing.  His  stock will tank.  

Should strike while it's hot...  Or maybe it's his retirement plan.  

22 minutes ago, Gaffords said:

I'm kinda surprised Jimbo didn't jump at one of the big openings. He's losing a shit ton of players.  Rebuild or not, a .500 season or worse and aggy will start to lose their shit. Especially if Sark gets it pointed in the right direction and pulls off 8 or 9 wins (not likely)... 

Even if aggy holds it together next year as a rebuild, they will expect 9 or more wins the following, which will likely land him on a very hot seat and a possible/probable firing.  His  stock will tank.  

They already have four wins in the bag next year with another challenging non conference scheduling featuring Sam Houston, Appalachian State, U Mass, and The U of Miami.     I guess it’s possible they could beat  to Miami and Sammy and App might give them tighter games than expected.  

1 hour ago, Nueces River Rat said:

They already have four wins in the bag next year with another challenging non conference scheduling featuring Sam Houston, Appalachian State, U Mass, and The U of Miami.     I guess it’s possible they could beat  to Miami and Sammy and App might give them tighter games than expected.  

Some App magic and a loss to Miami would be priceless.  That could set the tone for a brutal fight with Vandy for the next to last place in the SEC...   Let there be a God.

55 minutes ago, Gaffords said:

Some App magic and a loss to Miami would be priceless.  That could set the tone for a brutal fight with Vandy for the next to last place in the SEC...   Let there be a God.

That’s possible.   They did beat Michigan a few years back and some other big name not  long ago.   Was it Auburn?   I think Sammy could give them a good fight for a half and maybe longer  as potential defending National FCS champs.  

4 hours ago, Gaffords said:

Why should Jimbo give a shit how hot his seat is?

100%. Guaranteed. Contract.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Gaffords said:

Why would LSU hire a coach that just lost to LSU with the Cookie Monster at the helm?

4 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

2 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

That’s possible.   They did beat Michigan a few years back and some other big name not  long ago.   Was it Auburn?   I think Sammy could give them a good fight for a half and maybe longer  as potential defending National FCS champs.  

A few years back as in... 2007? App State is much better than SHSU. They beat Miami in 2015, UNC in 2018, and beat ECU by 2 scores this year and almost beat Miami again. They get ULa in the Sun Belt title game. They've averaged over 10 wins with 6 bowl wins since their first FBS season.

So - yeah - aggy might have their hands full. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

A few years back as in... 2007? App State is much better than SHSU. They beat Miami in 2015, UNC in 2018, and beat ECU by 2 scores this year and almost beat Miami again. They get ULa in the Sun Belt title game. They've averaged over 10 wins with 6 bowl wins since their first FBS season.

So - yeah - aggy might have their hands full. 

I wouldn't be shocked if someone poached Elko.  He's basically the only reason they are 8-4 and not 4-8...  

Aggy trotting out their 3 int king, savior with a young and inexperienced defense in a new scheme?  Struggle into the third before putting away SamHous, then drop back to backs against App St and Miami before getting treated like a sheep by Arkansas? Jimbo might not make it to October. ...

It doesn't really matter how their cupcakes play out.  Arkansas then the Pirate's house, followed by a trip to a pissed off Satan's den? Probably 3 and 3 at this point with aggy holding it together, but there is as good of a chance they are 2-4 with aggy really starting to panic, rebuild season or not.

No matter how big aggy always liked to talk, our move to the SEC is imminent and their boosters are old enough to remember we've had long stretches of being down like this, but we've always found a way to turn ("cheat") it around and come back with a vengeance. Aggy really believes we are the sole reason they have never been able to rightfully take their seat among the Blue Bloods, so deep inside they they honestly believe they have to crest the hill before we move over.  

They really believed the NCs would start to roll in once they got away from us.  Now they just want a conference title appearance before we can hold them down again.

3-3 will be acceptable because it's not a losing season yet, but 2-4 will have many hunting for the eject button.  The South Carolina game could become the make or break Jimbo game because Ol Miss will feast on their young defense and the trip to Auburn will probably be another L.  So a late season win against U Mass isn't going to impress the boosters.  Maybe sweeping Florida, U Mass and LSU will keep enough boosters on the fence at the end of the season, but the expectations going into the 2023 season will be awesome...

Unless he's a better coach than what I believe he is, in one or maybe two years it will be a wrap, because King is no king crab legs...

5 hours ago, Gaffords said:
I wouldn't be shocked if someone poached Elko.  He's basically the only reason they are 8-4 and not 4-8...  
Aggy trotting out their 3 int king, savior with a young and inexperienced defense in a new scheme?  Struggle into the third before putting away SamHous, then drop back to backs against App St and Miami before getting treated like a sheep by Arkansas? Jimbo might not make it to October. ...
It doesn't really matter how their cupcakes play out.  Arkansas then the Pirate's house, followed by a trip to a pissed off Satan's den? Probably 3 and 3 at this point with aggy holding it together, but there is as good of a chance they are 2-4 with aggy really starting to panic, rebuild season or not.
No matter how big aggy always liked to talk, our move to the SEC is imminent and their boosters are old enough to remember we've had long stretches of being down like this, but we've always found a way to turn ("cheat") it around and come back with a vengeance. Aggy really believes we are the sole reason they have never been able to rightfully take their seat among the Blue Bloods, so deep inside they they honestly believe they have to crest the hill before we move over.  
They really believed the NCs would start to roll in once they got away from us.  Now they just want a conference title appearance before we can hold them down again.
3-3 will be acceptable because it's not a losing season yet, but 2-4 will have many hunting for the eject button.  The South Carolina game could become the make or break Jimbo game because Ol Miss will feast on their young defense and the trip to Auburn will probably be another L.  So a late season win against U Mass isn't going to impress the boosters.  Maybe sweeping Florida, U Mass and LSU will keep enough boosters on the fence at the end of the season, but the expectations going into the 2023 season will be awesome...
Unless he's a better coach than what I believe he is, in one or maybe two years it will be a wrap, because King is no king crab legs...

Might not make it to October? They aren’t firing him and buying him out.

Edited by markstanco
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Tomayto/tomahto...we can continue to make fun of them going 8-4 while we struggle towards .500 and bragging about our endowment.  Good times. 

Nothing going on in College Station has anything to do with the problems facing the UT football program. The problems facing the UT football program are all based in Austin. The quicker people grasp that fact, the better.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Neither happens in a vacuum. 

Texas A&M is standing in the way of no program. Texas A&M is not blocking any program in the nation from competing for a national championship. The bullshit that A&M is a significant impediment to any program, other than Texas A&M, is comical.

If Evan Stewart wants to play Uncle Tom in College Station, let him. He will be yet another in a long line of players that struggle to break .500 in conference play. That is his choice.

The reality is that none of the teams in the hunt for the CFP this year are affected in any way by anything happening in College Station, Texas.

It is possible to win a national championship in college football without being cockblocked by Texas A&M. I know you don't want to believe that, but it's true.

Texas' problem is Steve Sarkisian, not Texas A&M.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Dead nuts accurate.

For the past quarter century, the players A&M has recruited have struggled to break .500 in conference play. Miles Garrett was the #1 pick in the NFL draft and while at A&M never played on a team with a winning record in conference play. Not once. Manziel was the greatest player in aggy football history and only played on a team with a winning record in conference play once. No aggy player in our lifetimes has ever played on a team that played a game that if they won would have put them in line to compete for a national championship. Why does anyone think this is about to change? Jimbo Fisher has had sufficient time to change things at A&M. He has changed nothing. They are the same team under Fisher that they were under Kevin Sumlin.

Nothing that goes on in College Station has anything meaningful to do with college football. Or any other major collegiate sport. They claim to be a "military school" yet can't even compete in NCAA rifle sports. The ags have no concept of competition. They are not a culture that understand the essence of competition.

Teams do not go from struggling for relevance to national powerhouse in one season. For the entire time Evan Stewart will play at A&M, the aggys will struggle to break .500 in conference play, just as they have since before Evan Stewart's parents met each other.

Meanwhile, many teams will be in the mix for national championships while Evan Stewart is at A&M. None of them will be affected by anything that goes on in College Station.

As long as A&M continues to be run by aggys, A&M will never compete for a championship in any major NCAA sport. regardless of which players they recruit. In year four of the Jimbo Fisher era, he still hasn't coached his players that on third down, receivers need to not break off their routes until they have passed the line to gain. That is basic shit, yet it is an unknown concept at Texas A&M. And the fuckers still extended his contract with six years left on it through 2032.

Texas A&M is to be mocked, ridiculed, heckled, and laughed at. Period. Regardless of who A&M convinces to pray at the statue of the great white supremacist and to worship "The Great Texas Negro Killer," A&M will never recruit the types of players necessary to compete for a national title, and they certainly will never affect the fortunes of the athletics program at The University of Texas.

Here endeth the lesson.

Good luck, Evan. You are an idiot. I hope you wake up to that fact soon, and don't turn into another Leon O'Neal, who at age 22 will spend the rest of his life as a punch line to endless jokes among college football fans in Texas.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Texas' problem is/was Steve Sarkisian, Tom Herman, Charlie Strong, post-Colt FUPM, shitty big donners, a toxic culture not Texas A&M.

fify

We're doing our best to become their peer and not their superior.  

But, hey, at least they won't win a championship while we strive to become Cal w/out the matching academics. 

Just to be clear, I enjoy aggy schadenfreude as much as anyone except maybe RD.  Aggy tears are glorious.

However, I want to make sure that we know what we are doing here.  We are making fun of aggy for keeping a coach who has them playing at a mediocre standard, the same as their previous coach, and their previous coach, etc., etc.

Meanwhile UT rolls with a guy that lost to Kansas.  At home.  

cool-cool-cool-cool.gif

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, nnm said:

Just to be clear, I enjoy aggy schadenfreude as much as anyone except maybe RD.  Aggy tears are glorious.

However, I want to make sure that we know what we are doing here.  We are making fun of aggy for keeping a coach who has them playing at a mediocre standard, the same as their previous coach, and their previous coach, etc., etc.

I get that, for sure.  But one major difference is, I never heard anyone at Texas proclaim, "Doesn't matter, got Sark." 

As has been pointed out many times, one of the major problems at TAMU, is their need to cast every new coach or every new recruit as their hero, their savior, without having the capability of careful thought or self-reflection.  So they stand up their heroes, create unrealistic expectations for them, run their mouths for years about how great they are, and then when those individuals inevitably fail to live up to those impossible expectations, they turn on them and blame them for a multitude of sins, when really the main problem was their own delusion in the first place.

We don't have that problem at Texas.  If anything, we're the opposite. We literally start threads about firing the next head coach, before he's even named.

• Hook 'Em 3

52 minutes ago, nnm said:

cool-cool-cool-cool.gif

I am well on record with respect to my thoughts concerning the UT coach. We shouldn't have fired Herman when we did, but Eltife insisted on it. Had we been more thoughtful, we would have looked at which coach we really wanted and held on to Herman until we had a deal done with the right coach.

However, egos dominated and it became imperative that Herman be fired. At that point, we were forced to choose from a relatively unattractive list of options.

Now that it is becoming more obvious by the day that Sarkisian isn't the answer, egos again are the paramount consideration and the idiot who precipitated this clusterfuck has to have his ego fed, once again, so we go around blaming the kids, the fans, the weather, and every other scapegoat to avoid mentioning fucking Eltife doesn't know shit about hiring or firing college football coaches. Not only should he not be unilaterally making the decisions, he shouldn't be allowed in the room when the subject is being discussed.

The problem isn't necessarily Sarkisian. The problem is Hartzell doesn't have the balls to tell Eltife to stay in his fucking lane. Hartzell is a lot of things, but he ain't no Bill Powers.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 1

cool-cool-cool-cool.gif

I don’t know about the rest of you but I make fun of aggy for generally being dipshit morons.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2