Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

1 hour ago, nnm said:

Just to be clear, I enjoy aggy schadenfreude as much as anyone except maybe RD.  Aggy tears are glorious.

However, I want to make sure that we know what we are doing here.  We are making fun of aggy for keeping a coach who has them playing at a mediocre standard, the same as their previous coach, and their previous coach, etc., etc.

Meanwhile UT rolls with a guy that lost to Kansas.  At home.  

cool-cool-cool-cool.gif

Get back to us when we are paying Sark the salary Jimbo is being paid, fully guaranteed, with no buyout, and then doubling down with an unearned extension and raise.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

2 hours ago, Deej said:

Get back to us when we are paying Sark the salary Jimbo is being paid, fully guaranteed, with no buyout, and then doubling down with an unearned extension and raise.

This. People mock aggy because they’ve gone all in a coach that’s still producing 8-4 seasons while they act like he’s bringing them national titles. 

On 11/28/2021 at 11:23 PM, GTX Horn said:

Next year is always their year until next year actually comes

Considering the zeal with which aggy attempts to copyright their factitious and unfounded 12th-man claim, as well as their patented "Wait 'til next year" mantra, they oughta sue Joe's Crab Shack for displaying "Free Beer Tomorrow" signs. 

8 hours ago, nnm said:

Just to be clear, I enjoy aggy schadenfreude as much as anyone except maybe RD.  Aggy tears are glorious.

However, I want to make sure that we know what we are doing here.  We are making fun of aggy for keeping a coach who has them playing at a mediocre standard, the same as their previous coach, and their previous coach, etc., etc.

Meanwhile UT rolls with a guy that lost to Kansas.  At home.  

cool-cool-cool-cool.gif

Sure and Texas got rid of their mediocre coach and tried to upgrade. If Sark doesn't win they will get rid of him too just like Herman. Meanwhile, Jimbo just got an extension on a massive contract for winning at the same level as Herman. 

That's the point. Make fun of Sark all you want but Texas will show him the door just like they did with Herman if he doesn't win above a "mediocre standard". 

Here's a comparison of Herman and Jimbo's first 4 years: 

Top 10 finishes: Herman 1, Jimbo 1

Top 25 finishes: Herman 3, Jimbo 3 currently (but will be 2 if they lose bowl game which is a real possibility with opt outs coming)

NY 6 wins: Herman 1, Jimbo 1

Conference Championships: Herman 0, Jimbo 0. 

Sark might suck but at least Texas tried to upgrade instead of giving a coach an undeserved extension on an already absurd contract. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Since Liucci joined the Maroon and White Report in 1997 (which later partnered with Texags)-

Football: 

National titles: Texas 1, A&M 0

National title games: Texas 2, A&M 0

Top 10 finishes: Texas 8, A&M 2

10 win seasons: Texas 10, A&M 2

Baseball: 

National titles: Texas 2, A&M 0

CWS championship games/series: Texas 4, A&M 0

CWS appearances: Texas 10, A&M 3

Men's Basketball: 

Final 4s: Texas 1, A&M 0

Elite 8s, Texas 3, A&M 0

Sweet 16s: Texas 6, A&M 3

NCAA tourney appearances: Texas 20, A&M 8

• Hook 'Em 8

I am well on record with respect to my thoughts concerning the UT coach. We shouldn't have fired Herman when we did, but Eltife insisted on it. Had we been more thoughtful, we would have looked at which coach we really wanted and held on to Herman until we had a deal done with the right coach.
However, egos dominated and it became imperative that Herman be fired. At that point, we were forced to choose from a relatively unattractive list of options.
Now that it is becoming more obvious by the day that Sarkisian isn't the answer, egos again are the paramount consideration and the idiot who precipitated this clusterfuck has to have his ego fed, once again, so we go around blaming the kids, the fans, the weather, and every other scapegoat to avoid mentioning fucking Eltife doesn't know shit about hiring or firing college football coaches. Not only should he not be unilaterally making the decisions, he shouldn't be allowed in the room when the subject is being discussed.
The problem isn't necessarily Sarkisian. The problem is Hartzell doesn't have the balls to tell Eltife to stay in his fucking lane. Hartzell is a lot of things, but he ain't no Bill Powers.

Don’t get me wrong as I’ve always had a weird draw to your astronomical aggy hate, but didn’t you become a viral national hit proclaiming you were done with UT football?

3 minutes ago, 'stache said:

This is what I'll never understand about aggy. Why do they have to constantly pretend that they are something that they are not? Why can't they just accept that they have their own thing going and be proud of who they are? This is what separates aggy from any other program with a superior rival. You saw last week every poke fan thinking we'd lose and acknowledging the history. We know where we fit in that rivalry and we don't pretend to be anything different. We at least are superior in baseball and probably even in basketball overall. We love winning the Bedlam Bell (trophy covering all sports). Aggy is far more inferior overall to UT in pretty much every sport yet think they are equals or superior. I'm fine with you guys calling us Okie Lite, but I lose my shit when anyone says Okie aggy or makes any other comparison. We don't have any sort of delusions of grandeur, and we don't jizz in mason jars. It's not the same, not even fucking close. 

99E15B32-37D8-4951-AB8E-15DDFE8F76D8.gif

15 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Wait, does Billy forget 2005 exists or what?

What an odd person to claim arbitrary history black outs. 

"We were a military school [sorta] with no women, so you can't count anything before 1975 when we only beat Texas three (3!) times after our famed national championship of 1939. And don't forget the tie in 1948 in Austin. We had half a scoreboard in your stadium without any women on campus!"

We had a 35 year drought between national championships. They had a 35 year period of futility against their hated rival where they went 3-31-1. We see the mark that still leaves on their loser souls.

And they wonder why OU is a bigger football rivalry than they are.

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, 'stache said:

This is what I'll never understand about aggy. Why do they have to constantly pretend that they are something that they are not? Why can't they just accept that they have their own thing going and be proud of who they are? This is what separates aggy from any other program with a superior rival. You saw last week every poke fan thinking we'd lose and acknowledging the history. We know where we fit in that rivalry and we don't pretend to be anything different. We at least are superior in baseball and probably even in basketball overall. We love winning the Bedlam Bell (trophy covering all sports). Aggy is far more inferior overall to UT in pretty much every sport yet think they are equals or superior. I'm fine with you guys calling us Okie Lite, but I lose my shit when anyone says Okie aggy or makes any other comparison. We don't have any sort of delusions of grandeur, and we don't jizz in mason jars. It's not the same, not even fucking close. 

That’s a lot of words to confirm that you’re Okie Aggy, my man. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, LonghornLurker said:

That’s a lot of words to confirm that you’re Okie Aggy, my man. 

Odd conclusion, but okay. Be sure to post an update when we give our coach a blank national title trophy or if anyone on our behalf in a media position (i.e., not some random twitter yahoo) posts anything as ridiculous as looch.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

This is what I'll never understand about aggy. Why do they have to constantly pretend that they are something that they are not? Why can't they just accept that they have their own thing going and be proud of who they are? 

Penis envy (or tiny-dick syndrome) and propaganda are their oldest turditions.

Notice: we mostly collectively like all other schools and fanbases aside from Texas A&M, Oklahoma, and Arkansas. We can probably even name a couple of redeeming qualities of Oklahoma and Arkansas if we thought about it long enough. Many of us root for Oklahoma State, Iowa State, Kansas State, et al when we aren't playing you guys. The same cannot be said for the other three teams.

Aggy in particular is insufferable win, lose, or draw. They NEVER shut up. NEVER.   

53 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

What an odd person to claim arbitrary history black outs. 

"We were a military school [sorta] with no women, so you can't count anything before 1975 when we only beat Texas three (3!) times after our famed national championship of 1939. And don't forget the tie in 1948 in Austin. We had half a scoreboard in your stadium without any women on campus!"

We had a 35 year drought between national championships. They had a 35 year period of futility against their hated rival where they went 3-31-1. We see the mark that still leaves on their loser souls.

And they wonder why OU is a bigger football rivalry than they are.

In 1960, A&M had more students than OU does today, so their "small military school" bullshit doesn't fly.

The last school in the nation to give up compulsory ROTC was Arkansas in 1969. If I remember, Arky was doing ok in 1969.

"Since scholarship limits...." Which year's scholarship limits and why was that year so important for A&M?

'DKR signed all the good players...." No, in the 1960s, A&M had the largest recruiting classes in the SWC. Not Texas.

It's what aggys do. They discard facts that don't fit into their narrative, and fabricate events when it suits them. No one ever actually does any research, which is why they mocked and ridiculed for shit like their "12th Man" fairy tale.

Liucci is just doing what aggys do. He was taught to think "the aggy way." And because it is heresy to suggest "the aggy way" be reformed, aggy football will always be aggy football, Jimbo will always be Kevin Sumlin with a bigger paycheck, and Billy Liucci will always be Billy Liucci.

aggy '61 scholarship limits.jpeg

liucci rise to power.jpeg

liucci dm.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3

On 11/30/2021 at 9:39 AM, utee94 said:

I get that, for sure.  But one major difference is, I never heard anyone at Texas proclaim, "Doesn't matter, got Sark." 

As has been pointed out many times, one of the major problems at TAMU, is their need to cast every new coach or every new recruit as their hero, their savior, without having the capability of careful thought or self-reflection.  So they stand up their heroes, create unrealistic expectations for them, run their mouths for years about how great they are, and then when those individuals inevitably fail to live up to those impossible expectations, they turn on them and blame them for a multitude of sins, when really the main problem was their own delusion in the first place.

We don't have that problem at Texas.  If anything, we're the opposite. We literally start threads about firing the next head coach, before he's even named.

a1KD0A6_460s.jpg

14 hours ago, SimkinsMan said:

In all seriousness, congratulations to RC Slocum.

That's awesome.  Good for Coach Slocum.

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

The only thing that concerns me with Jimbo at aggy is as long as he keeps stockpiling 5-stars he's bound to eventually fluke his way into a VY, Cam, Jameis type player that can overcome his shitty coaching.  Since there's no such thing as recruiting violations any more it seems inevitable.

The difference is those 3 players were bad asses in high school. The level of bad ass at QB that aggy would never sniff in the recruiting process because UT, tOSU, USC, ND, OU, and Alabama will be all over them.  Sure they can get some 5 stars at other positions but QBs are so rare at that level, they won't have a shot at them.

Their only chance is that Jimbo develops some 2-3 star small town shit kicker into VY.  I'm not worried about that happening.

9 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

The only thing that concerns me with Jimbo at aggy is as long as he keeps stockpiling 5-stars he's bound to eventually fluke his way into a VY, Cam, Jameis type player that can overcome his shitty coaching.  Since there's no such thing as recruiting violations any more it seems inevitable.

I think it will be the opposite.  With NIL evening the playing field, cheater schools that buy players-- like A&M-- are now on equal footing with those that have had the money, but have typically avoided entering the cesspool.  Now it's all legal and above board, so the cheater schools will be disadvantaged compared to the previous state.

Edited by utee94
  • Hook 'Em 5

12 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I think it will be the opposite.  With NIL evening the playing field, cheater schools that buy players-- like A&M-- are now on equal footing with those that have had the money, but have typically avoided entering the cesspool.  Now it's all legal and above board, so the cheater schools will be disadvantaged compared to the previous state.

That was my line of thinking as well.  Most of the major powers will now be paying about the same amount.  It'll then come back to campus, culture, coaching, etc... for recruits.

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, utee94 said:

NIL hasn't really even begun to kick in yet. 

except places like Oregon.  Now that CFC is up and running, they need to tell some of these 5* that the day after they sign their LOI to UT, they can sign an autograph deal that includes a signing bonus of the aggy bag amount +10%.  That should flip some of these fuckers pretty quick. 

• Hook 'Em 3

44 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

One Leon O'Neal can easily render a VY, Cam, or Jameis-type player meaningless. That's aggy's problem.

Re-watch the final minutes of the aggy/LSU game. Jimbo has been there FOUR YEARS and still the receivers aren't setting up past the line to gain on 3rd down and the game being on the line.

How long do you think it took the LSU OC to see when he had to have it, Leon O'Neal was the one to target.

Not one coverage sack by the aggy defense, all were breakdowns in protection by the LSU o-line.

And remember, Jimbo got a raise and a four year extension for this caliber of a team.

aggy has always been able to recruit. They will always find rubes who get caught up in he-ro culture. But aggy hasn't had a single 10-win season over FBS competition in almost a quarter of a century. That includes the greatest period of success in the history of their program and four years of their latest he-ro "Jimbo the Magnificent."

aggy will never be more than they already have been over the past 125-odd years (swidt?)

Recruit who they want, aggy will always have their "Leon O'Neal" that shows up late when the game is on the line. It's who they are. It's turdition.

On 11/30/2021 at 1:42 PM, Rickylovesweed said:

This. People mock aggy because they’ve gone all in a coach that’s still producing 8-4 seasons while they act like he’s bringing them national titles. 

And with four of those wins being paycheck games in most of their season, save the years they played Clemson.

https://12thman.com/sports/2015/3/23/FB_future.aspx

Next year they have the same four wins in the bag albeit Miami will give them a fight I think?   But they will probably win and print T-shirts and cups for this game.  

Then it's a pick  of two  or three from the SEC lineup...   Based on this years results and who the other teams have coming back or coaching changes which make things unpredictable.  The aggy SEC wins look like South Carolina, Florida and Auburn.    Bama is going to dog stomp them to death next year and that might set the tone for the rest of their season.  LSU is a wild card.   That will get them 8-4   

7-5 might be their best hope....   6-6 is a real possibility  ...   But if for some reason even Florida shows some improvement right away, aggy could lose this one and they would be looking at 5-7. 

Then who do they blame?  

Edited by Nueces River Rat

1 hour ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

Q meets aggy.

Baylor mafia.jpeg

That's actually more descriptive of the insular culture and bagman tactics present at A&M.  Sounds like he's an insider that knows exactly how the ags continue to bag 5* recruits when everyone knows that talent will be wasted once it hits campus.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

Q meets aggy.

Baylor mafia.jpeg

Funny----  Many of the Baptist Churches I know of want nothing to do with Baylor and these include small to large churches.   There are some strong philosophical difference between those churches and  Baylor.   Kind of like some of Jesuit schools and the Catholic church.

31 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

And with four of those wins being paycheck games in most of their season, save the years they played Clemson.

https://12thman.com/sports/2015/3/23/FB_future.aspx

Next year they have the same four wins in the bag albeit Miami will give them a fight I think?   But they will probably win and print T-shirts and cups for this game.  

Then it's a pick  of two  or three from the SEC lineup...   Based on this years results and who the other teams have coming back or coaching changes which make things unpredictable.  The aggy SEC wins look like South Carolina, Florida and Auburn.    Bama is going to dog stomp them to death next year and that might set the tone for the rest of their season.  LSU is a wild card.   That will get them 8-4   

7-5 might be their best hope....   6-6 is a real possibility  ...   But if for some reason even Florida shows some improvement right away, aggy could lose this one and they would be looking at 5-7. 

Then who do they blame?  

As much as I would love to see it, aggy ain’t going 5-7 next year unless half the starters or all the bagmen die between now and then. 

On 12/1/2021 at 9:34 AM, 'stache said:

I will never say Okie aggy again based entirely on this post.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Funny----  Many of the Baptist Churches I know of want nothing to do with Baylor and these include small to large churches.   There are some strong philosophical difference between those churches and  Baylor.   Kind of like some of Jesuit schools and the Catholic church.

Lutz at comparing the Baptist churches to the Catholic Church.  In the US alone there are at least 50 different Baptist Groups, not to mention independent Baptist churches with no affiliation.  Even the Baptist churches that belong to an association, like say the Southern Baptist Convention, aren't controlled by the association.  The Baptist associations are only groupings of churches that have mostly similar theologies.

9 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

As much as I would love to see it, aggy ain’t going 5-7 next year unless half the starters or all the bagmen die between now and then. 

I agree... 7-5 is real though...  And 6-6 would not be a shock...     Funny thing is 6-6 could have occurred this year if they had not pulled a rabbit out of the hat against Colorado and had Bama been in the house with their A-game.

1 minute ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Lutz at comparing the Baptist churches to the Catholic Church.  In the US alone there are at least 50 different Baptist Groups, not to mention independent Baptist churches with no affiliation.  Even the Baptist churches that belong to an association, like say the Southern Baptist Convention, aren't controlled by the association.  The Baptist associations are only groupings of churches that have mostly similar theologies.

Not comparing the two per se.   Just the perception that both churches have control on what goes on at some of the schools that are associated with them.  And to some extent the churches don't care and have made it known to some extent.

2 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Not comparing the two per se.   Just the perception that both churches have control on what goes on at some of the schools that are associated with them.  And to some extent the churches don't care and have made it known to some extent.

But that's the point, there is no such thing as "the Baptist Church" to have any control over Baylor.