• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, RamjetFDO said:

aggy_homersalutesmilkmen.jpg

Great work as always, but I feel like the aTm logo on the hats is still far too large compared to the SECSECSEC logo on the coats.  Because, you know, you can still see them.

Just a small thing, I know.

Edited by utee94
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lhorn said:

Got damn those are some pompous, over the top uniforms for an organization with no actual military ties. Looks like the “dress” uniforms of some banana republic army.  Surprised everyone of them including the guys that showed up 2 weeks ago don’t have a chest full of colorful medals and ribbons commemorating their valient participation in “the scuffing of the boots” or dog sitting. 

David Miscavige would like a word

cdm-4.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, GhostofDanJones said:

Funny you should mention that since Banana Republic actually sells green army utility  jackets.

m_582d1423713fdef662005d80.jpg

That leopard print lining is going to make it somehow some way into a new turdition for the corps. Those are fabulouuuuuuuuus.

14 minutes ago, GhostofDanJones said:

I'm still wondering who the Ross Volunteers are. Can't find anything about them on aggypedia.

I googled them and I can’t believe it.

From google: “The Ross Volunteer Company is the official Honor Guard for the Governor of the state of Texas, and, aside from the Cadet Corps itself, is the oldest student organization in the state of Texas. Started in 1887, the organization was named Scott Volunteers for the President of Texas A&M.”

Remind me never to run for governor. It’s obvious Rick Perry is responsible for this.

1 hour ago, GhostofDanJones said:

I'm still wondering who the Ross Volunteers are. Can't find anything about them on aggypedia.

If I’m not mistaken, the aggy horseshit flinger (not to be confused with all the other aggy who spew horseshit) was a Ross Volunteer. In addition to being a fake service organization that doesn’t actually serve the Governor, the Ross Volunteers walk behind horses that are in the tackle box for some reason and shovel their shit.

Doody duty. Important duty. Imagine how much shit would be in the tackle box without these guys, not even considering the thousands of pieces of shit who buy tickets. It’s the most important duty of all aggy duties. 

Edited by Tex Pete

The dorks in white are from Galveston. They stand watch 24/7 on a ship which rusts away about 50 weeks of the year. The "sea aggies" consider themselves part of the cult in collieville. Their campus is bordered by a swamp on one side and an industrial wasteland on the other. So it is in fact alot like collieville.

11 hours ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

And what the fuck are they volunteering for?

Evidently, public self-humiliation.

Over-the-top, sanctimonious, fabricated self-importance is in the DNA of the aggy culture.

The Ross Volunteers were so named around the time of the funeral of former aggy school president (and former Texas governor) L.S. Ross. He died at age 59 from consuming biscuits at breakfast that were laced with rat poison. Evidently, he was on a hunting trip with some friends. At the hunting lodge there were two storage containers of flour. As the edifice had a problem with rats eating the food stores, one container of flour was laced with rat poison. The rats would eat flour from the bin laced with rat poison and, voila! Dead rat.

Unfortunately for our erstwhile aggy school president, the individual responsible for cooking the breakfast biscuits used flour from the wrong container and, voila! Dead aggy. The cover story was that he died of "acute indigestion."

As for the Ross Volunteer fake army fraternity sub-group being "The Official Honor Guard of the Governor of Texas," I have never seen an act of the legislature decreeing any such status, nor do I believe any such actual status exists.

• Like 2

Any reason that ship would need guarding?  Is there a good story or is guarding a ship that doesn’t need guarding just busy work to pretend they are important?  Never mind. I think I know the answer

Reminds me of an old Simpsons episode where there were going to be nuclear inspectors coming to the plant and Mr Burns decided to hide the less “gifted” employees in a basement guarding a jar full of bees. 

21 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

At a conference and every fucking aggy has an Ass To Mouth sticker on their badge and are wearing aggy coaching shirts. Jesus Christ they’re insufferable.

I live in Florida now, so I rarely see aggies.  But I went to Tinker AFB in OKC for a prospective project site visit and one of them was among the group proudly wearing his aTm button up and ready to talk about Jimbo.

1 hour ago, jinx said:

I live in Florida now, so I rarely see aggies.  But I went to Tinker AFB in OKC for a prospective project site visit and one of them was among the group proudly wearing his aTm button up and ready to talk about Jimbo.

Being an aggy comes before God, Family, and Country to those people. It's a disease that they aren't willing to spend money on finding a cure for, because they are busy spending all their money on trying to buy a National Championship. These idiots have an office dedicated to their rings, which I'm sure the tax payers are funding.

4 minutes ago, texaslong said:

Being an aggy comes before God, Family, and Country to those people. It's a disease that they aren't willing to spend money on finding a cure for, because they are busy spending all their money on trying to buy a National Championship. These idiots have an office dedicated to their rings, which I'm sure the tax payers are funding.

The ags have an obsession with bonding social capital. Being an aggy entails a competition to prove one's commitment to the group.

They have a childlike need to prove they are a "better aggy" than the next aggy and this is what fuels their sanctimonious attitude about needing to prove they are a "better aggy" than any other aggy, and a "better American" than any other American.

Being different is not allowed in the aggy culture. Being "better" by being more committed means they are more loyal to the group. Loyalty to the group is paramount. 

Meanwhile, none of this has anything to do with academia or post-secondary education. They rationalize their education not being equal to that offered by other institutions because they are "better Americans."

It is a fascinating culture to observe. They are there to get the best education possible, but it is ok that they don't because they establish alternate metrics for measuring social acceptability that have nothing to do with obtaining a quality education.

A truly fascinating culture.

9 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I don't know who, but when it will happen will be after we win the National Championship. It's the Aggie way.

The "Aggie way" is to call for firing the head coach after they win a National Championship?  How the fuck would any aggy alive today know about that turdition?

https://247sports.com/Article/Texas-AM-Roster-breakdown-LB-Santino-Marchiol-is-back-with-a-vengeance-119589982/

Gigem 247 is taking a look at the Texas A&M roster player by player over the next few weeks. We’re taking a look at each player’s background, their strengths and weaknesses, and what to look for from them when the Aggies begin fall camp in early August in anticipation of Jimbo Fisher’s first season at the helm. This particular write up is on Aggies’ freshman safety linebacker Santino Marchiol.

Marchiol committed to the Aggies in the summer of 2017, choosing them over offers from Cal, Florida, Florida State, Louisville, LSU, Miami, Nebraska, Ohio State, Tennessee, UCLA, Washington, and Wisconsin. Originally from Colorado, Marchiol transferred to IMG Academy in Florida where he compiled 54 tackles, a sack, and four tackles for loss as a senior. He was generally rated as a four star prospect and among the top 30 linebacker prospects in the country.

When he came out, Marchiol was considered someone who could play either inside or outside at the next level. He enrolled early at A&M and was a hit on the interior during his first week of spring practice. However, he was injured early on and missed the remainder of spring workouts. Nonetheless, there was hope that he could provide depth early on when he returned in the fall but Marchiol was injured again. As a result, he redshirted and sat out the 2017 season.

Marchiol spent the off season prior to spring practice working hard and changing his body. It was obvious the first time that anyone saw him that he had added significant mass on top of a thick base and the weight made a real difference in his play. Being a straight line player, he attacked people with everything in unison…shoulder and feet were aligned and in position to deliver a nasty blow. When he jacked someone up, they felt it or were stopped in their tracks regardless of whether they were a back or a lineman. He played with explosion and power and yet maintained the ability to move laterally within the box.

Marchiol played the Mike in the spring and was the backup to Tyrel Dodson. It’s unlikely that Marchiol is going to be able to take Dodson’s spot away given Dodson’s level of play in the fall and spring. Nonetheless, Marchiol and backup Will Anthony Hines give the Aggies a very solid set of four backers on the inside. In particular, Hines and Marchiol should play with little fall off seeing minutes as backups or having to take over in case of injury. Marchiol should be able to maintain his run fits, step up, and fill on the inside versus the running game as evidenced by his performance in the spring game. He’s also going to be versatile enough to send on blitzes and make plays when the situation warrants even though he is not a sideline to sideline type of player. Marchiol and Hines should give A&M fans hope that the Aggies’ linebacker situation is in good hands for the next three to four years even after Otaro Alaka and Dodson use up their eligibility.

30 minutes ago, texifornia said:

That's hilarious. 

Gigem247 publishes an article on July 5 about how Marchiol is going to tear it up, even concluding "Marchiol and Hines should give A&M fans hope that the Aggies’ linebacker situation is in good hands for the next three to four years even after Otaro Alaka and Dodson use up their eligibility." 

A week later we learn the kid has transferred and is already enrolled at another source. 

11 minutes ago, South Austin said:

That's hilarious. 

Gigem247 publishes an article on July 5 about how Marchiol is going to tear it up, even concluding "Marchiol and Hines should give A&M fans hope that the Aggies’ linebacker situation is in good hands for the next three to four years even after Otaro Alaka and Dodson use up their eligibility." 

A week later we learn the kid has transferred and is already enrolled at another source. 

Yikes. What is the spin now from their site? He was not SEC good?

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

That's hilarious. 

So what you’re telling me is that Hamm isn’t the worst aggy reporter? I’ve been telling y’all that.

He is the tallest midget.