11.22.21 Coach Sark PC @ 11am

bigup2dahorns

29 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Dealing with the team in private is something.   Letting the media frame the topic and then getting sucked into it is stupid.   If I wrote how Steve licks poodles asses in phone booths, Steve does not need to respond to my idiocy.   Him responding to any part of it plays into my dumbshit. 

JFC.  That's not a realistic approach. Not confronting it, when asked about it directly in a press conference, is how idiotic nonsense like the Brian Jones story grows legs.  Sit this one out.  Your takes are terrible.

Edited by Skipper
  • Hook 'Em 2

44 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Dealing with the team in private is something.   Letting the media frame the topic and then getting sucked into it is stupid.   If I wrote how Steve licks poodles asses in phone booths, Steve does not need to respond to my idiocy.   Him responding to any part of it plays into my dumbshit.    If a recruit wants to talk about it to Sark then he should talk about it with the recruit.   Otherwise treat it like a 4 yr old called him a poopyhead.  

Let’s don’t get childish now, Mr. Poopypants!!  -Frank Drebin

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Skipper said:

Whatever happened it was pure bullshit.  For those saying Sark doesn't have time to take a call from a reporter, how much fucking time did he have to waste with members of the team and recruits telling them that, no, in fact there are not old racist boosters telling him to play white players.   Is there any other program that has to deal with as much self inflicted damage from the allegedly friendly "media"?  Whether it's Ketch and Anwar thinking Orangebloods is TMZ, Statesmen constant shitting on all things Texas, various $9.95'ers inability to keep anything related to recruiting quiet or now this kind of nonsense from Brian Jones.   I mean we don't need the constant sunshine pumping and misinformation from the likes of Liucci but it would be nice to not be constantly dealing with sabotage.  And this shit dates back to Mack so not a recent phenomenon.  

Talking to the reporters is a waste of time.  Especially when you know there is a trend that you have pointed out.   Talking to recruits is an opportunity to recruit.  I tend to think that maybe, just maybe, the 3rd rate sports reporters and the D team on-air are not exactly high on a recruits reading material. 

Ignoring stupid shit is a common tactic.   Many coaches do it as well, including Saban etc.  Sark cannot afford to be an asshole about it, but he can choose to simply be dismissive.  "I am not going to address silly unfounded rumors."  This is not a strippers monkey situation, which also had fuck all to do with the program even if it was slightly amusing.     Your opinion is that the coach should react to a little hit piece demonstrates weakness.   Which has already permeated the program.  So maybe you are right.  Maybe sark should just roll over and put his belly up in press conferences, he already does it in games.  

4 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Ignoring stupid shit is a common tactic.   Many coaches do it as well, including Saban etc.  Sark cannot afford to be an asshole about it, but he can choose to simply be dismissive.  "I am not going to address silly unfounded rumors."  

There isn't a coach out there that lets something that idiotic get said without shutting it down when asked about it.  If anything Sark was too polite.  What I wish Sark would have said was "someone trying to make a name for himself by claiming donors are telling me who to play based on race is literally one of the dumbest things I've ever heard in my coaching career.  The fact some of you printed that and made me waste time addressing it with players and recruits is ridiculous".  Something to that effect is probably how Saban would have handled it.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Skipper said:

There isn't a coach out there that lets something that idiotic get said without shutting it down when asked about it.  If anything Sark was too polite.  What I wish Sark would have said was "someone trying to make a name for himself by claiming donors are telling me who to play based on race is literally one of the dumbest things I've ever heard in my coaching career.  The fact some of you printed that and made me waste time addressing it with players and recruits is ridiculous".  Something to that effect is probably how Saban would have handled it.

I would have gone straight for the "that has to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard in my 20 years of coaching, who did you say said that?"

reporter "Brian Jones"  then follow it up with "who is Brian Jones?"

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DanTheHorn said:

Sark said it is unbelievable that a player comes to college and plays for 3 head coaches. What is worst is that all three sucked and for now it seems the last one sucked the worst based on the results this season.

I mean how many guys even qualify for that? There’s 85 guys. I can’t imagine there’s even 10 left that played for Strong.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Well I looked it up. 2 players on this team have played for 3 coaches. Okafor and Imade. That’s all I could find. So yet another excuse from this coach that is absolute bullshit.

I believe he was meaning 3 different coaches/coordinators. Orlando>Ash>PK/Beck>Yurcich>Sark and not Charlie>Herman>Sark. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Well I looked it up. 2 players on this team have played for 3 coaches. Okafor and Imade. That’s all I could find. So yet another excuse from this coach that is absolute bullshit.

I think the 3 coaches is in reference to DCs. 3 in the last 3 years.

• Hook 'Em 1

It’s a major lack of consistency and scheme. Each of these coaches coming in here teaching different things and having different expectations. I get why the players are out…they are just burnt out and don’t care anymore. It’s evident on the field. This whole program is fucked up, and it needs time to just be allowed to grow past the last decade

Yep, as each coach comes in I'm sure the attitude the players see is I'm here to fix what you are doing wrong and as each one comes in it piles on... damn how many coaches are needed?  how bad are we?  It has to take a toll on the players psyche.  These are guys that for years in JRHS/HS were told how great they were because they were at the time.  New coaches get buy in until things turn south, then the doubt comes back in, rinse, repeat.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Skipper said:

We don't need "sports reporters" that are fucking alumni doing Friday afternoon Drive-By's on the program with absolutely idiotic and baseless information.   Seriously, Fuck Brian Jones.   Hope his bitch ass is completely cut the fuck off from this program.

I’m sure that will add 4-5 wins just doing that 🙄

2 hours ago, sunset87 said:

We are one of the most hated programs in the country.  The richest, have our own network and perception of being the most arrogant.

Now there's blood in the water.  All these fucks are lining up to feed.  Even ex-players who have a personal bone to pick it appears.

Now there is blood in the water?!?

25 minutes ago, Deej said:

I think Sark checked out once they made him do the commercial with Lowell Galindo stopping short and copping a feel.

I stopped short!

-coach Frank C

7 hours ago, Skipper said:

Whatever happened it was pure bullshit.  For those saying Sark doesn't have time to take a call from a reporter, how much fucking time did he have to waste with members of the team and recruits telling them that, no, in fact there are not old racist boosters telling him to play white players.   Is there any other program that has to deal with as much self inflicted damage from the allegedly friendly "media"?  Whether it's Ketch and Anwar thinking Orangebloods is TMZ, Statesmen constant shitting on all things Texas, various $9.95'ers inability to keep anything related to recruiting quiet or now this kind of nonsense from Brian Jones.   I mean we don't need the constant sunshine pumping and misinformation from the likes of Liucci but it would be nice to not be constantly dealing with sabotage.  And this shit dates back to Mack so not a recent phenomenon.  

This. People like to say that a lot of other programs get this type of shit, but we get no love from the locals; It all comes from outside the circle. 

7 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

The current amount of local $9.95er sabotage against this Texas Football Program is ridiculous...  

I have never, and will never buy this garbage. It's never worth it, and it reminds me of the morons that camp outside to be the first to see the next Star Wars movie. It's going to play for the next two months and NOBODY gives a shit if you were there first. 

3 hours ago, sunset87 said:

We are one of the most hated programs in the country.  The richest, have our own network and perception of being the most arrogant.

Now there's blood in the water.  All these fucks are lining up to feed.  Even ex-players who have a personal bone to pick it appears.

Yes, blood has been in the water a while now and talking heads like to use Texas as the click/eyeball magnet because they know people want to get as much schadenfreude as they can while Texas is down, hell, even when we're up. 

I don't wish ill on many people, but the day that Kirk Bohls and FCB go away forever, will be a day I celebrate. Fuck both those dipshits. I'd rather listen to Looch talk about the glory that is aggy foosball than to read anything they vomit into the ether.  

7 hours ago, Skipper said:

Or more accurately he could have said "Why would I take coaching advice from the people that hired me and could come up with my buyout money before this press conference is over? Furthermore, if I listened to them on who to play or which schemes to run we would have more than 4 wins. The ineptitude this team has shown is all on me."

14 hours ago, DanTheHorn said:

Sark said it is unbelievable that a player comes to college and plays for 3 head coaches. What is worst is that all three sucked and for now it seems the last one sucked the worst based on the results this season.

Some of these guys will play for another one very soon once the BMD decide to meddle again.