2022 Texas Coaching/Support Staff Thread

RaysBoomBoomRoom

2 hours ago, Chopper said:

I had the chance to catch up with a buddy the other day. He's a nice kid from a good family and just started a job as a french fry analyst. He agrees with my disappointment that in-n-out fries suck and points out it's doubly disappointing because their shtick is that they slice their potatoes fresh in-house each day.

My buddy points out that in n out uses cottonseed oil to fry instead of something tastier. Also the potato they use is the Kennebec and it's not as starchy as the Russett, which is what the competition uses. Also because in-n-out uses fresh potatoes, often the potato itself is out of season and past its prime. Further, in n out doesn't soak their fries in cold water before throwing them in the fryer. And making it even worse they also don't double fry them to make sure they're nice and crisp.

The only workaround, per my buddy, is to ask for them well done or if you want to add a lot of ingredients to smother the shitty fry, get them well done with animal style.

This is the analysis I come here for

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Whataburger breakfast is incredible. Taquitos, breakfast on a bun, HBCB…but the breakfast burger they have that’s limited time only is the ultimate breakfast sandwich. Burger patty, cheese, hashbrowns, egg, bacon and their creamy pepper sauce on a bun. It is truly perfection

I got this while tripping LSD last weekend at like 4am post NYE and may never be able to eat it again. Shame because I’ve enjoyed it before 

Ive heard it said, that if it is advantageous to her, A woman will fuck a snake, if she has someone to hold it straight. 

I think this is where we are with GP. He wants a national championship tied to his name so bad, he will fuck a snake. 

And he wants to come here. Im sure he could get other jobs. Where he would have more direct power. But will that get him what he wants?

I think thats great. Because he thinks there is something at Texas thatll accomplish this. 

We can worry about his ego being toxic. But he knows what he wants. And he has to know chaos isnt the way to get there. 

He wants that ring. And i think he will do whats needed to accomplish that. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

Ive heard it said, that if it is advantageous to her, A woman will fuck a snake, if she has someone to hold it straight. 

I think this is where we are with GP. He wants a national championship tied to his name so bad, he will fuck a snake. 

And he wants to come here. Im sure he could get other jobs. Where he would have more direct power. But will that get him what he wants?

I think thats great. Because he thinks there is something at Texas thatll accomplish this. 

We can worry about his ego being toxic. But he knows what he wants. And he has to know chaos isnt the way to get there. 

He wants that ring. And i think he will do whats needed to accomplish that. 

Plus I’m pretty sure he doesn’t  prefer in and out over whataburger.  So we’ve got that going for us, which is nice.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

Whataburger breakfast is incredible. Taquitos, breakfast on a bun, HBCB…but the breakfast burger they have that’s limited time only is the ultimate breakfast sandwich. Burger patty, cheese, hashbrowns, egg, bacon and their creamy pepper sauce on a bun. It is truly perfection

It’s great when you’re  drunk. Sober, not so much

Edited by Revolution512

45 minutes ago, Best served cold said:

5 guys burgers are pretty damn tasty. I love the chicken fried steak sandwich with cheese and jalapeno at Dairy Queen. In n Out is straight ass my dude.

Yeah but you just can't go to any old DQ. It has to be a Mayfield DQ.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Jester said:

Plus I’m pretty sure he doesn’t  prefer in and out over whataburger.  So we’ve got that going for us, which is nice.

Fat Gare normally orders two double-doubles at In-And-Out, and then eats those while he's waiting in the drive-thru at Whataburger for his triple-meat Patty Melt and fries (w/side of gravy) to be delivered.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Professor Chesney said:

How has no one mentioned that Whataburger is open 24 hours?  The honey butter chicken biscuit is the undisputed king of the 12am-3am time slot, which is really the only time I can justify eating fast food to myself. 

Honey butter chicken biscuit is wildly overrated. Biscuit is dry and they use one of their terrible, dry, breading-overloaded chicken tenders for the chicken. If I want a chicken biscuit, I’m going to Wendy’s or Chick-fil-a. If neither of those is available, I’d rather go hungry than choke down an hbcb.

29 minutes ago, Surgical said:

Honey butter chicken biscuit is wildly overrated. Biscuit is dry and they use one of their terrible, dry, breading-overloaded chicken tenders for the chicken. If I want a chicken biscuit, I’m going to Wendy’s or Chick-fil-a. If neither of those is available, I’d rather go hungry than choke down an hbcb.

BOMwR.gif.721c73698da4ad48664f0f63dd679448.gif

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, RGBIII said:

In n out is absolute garbage and I cannot emphasize that enough. I’ve had it twice, the first time was horrendous but it was so hyped that I gave it a second shot, it was worse the second time. The fries were inedible, I could slice some potatoes and put them in an air fryer and they would turn out ten times better. “Oh RGBIII but you need to get it animal style” no fuck that, if a burger can’t stand on its own without some extra bullshit then it is not a good burger. I would rather go to Burger King, Wendy’s or McDonald’s any day over that trash. The fact that people think it’s debatable between in n out and whataburger is mind numbingly stupid

You know/ I like a lot of your opinions about football, recruiting, etc.

But this one? This one here is the damndest TRUTH is there ever was one. 
I can’t for the life of me understand why ANYONE would eat the crap over W’burger, 5 Guys or hell, even DQ. 

• Hook 'Em 2

46 minutes ago, Bevo said:

No love for GM Steakhouse?

Bout gotdamn time....

Pickles on the window.

But seriously, who decided pickles belong in a sandwich? I enjoy a good pickle, but the flavor is too strong to put on bread and meat. It overworked the whole experience.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NTVTXN said:

You know/ I like a lot of your opinions about football, recruiting, etc.

But this one? This one here is the damndest TRUTH is there ever was one. 
I can’t for the life of me understand why ANYONE would eat the crap over W’burger, 5 Guys or hell, even DQ. 

Whataburger is a shell of its former self.  It’s been going downhill since the Yankees started running the show.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

10 hours ago, kwood4408 said:

I did the same thing by giving it a 2nd chance and had the same reaction. Was working at a hospital in the Bay Area and my colleagues there were all about in n out. Had the pleasure of bringing one to a Whataburger when they visited for a golf trip. His exact words were “you are right, this is way better than in n out.”

Y'all are going to far better Whataburgers than I've ever been to, or far worse In-n-outs than the ones I've been going to, or both. I've not had a Whataburger that wasn't grease-soaked cardboard compared with the average In-n-out double. But then, I've never been to In-n-out in Texas.

The fries... are inconsistent. When you get them on a good day, In-n-Out fries are the best fries you've ever eaten. Most of the  time, they're . . . pretty bad.

• Hook 'Em 1

Y'all are going to far better Whataburgers than I've ever been to, or far worse In-n-outs than the ones I've been going to, or both. I've not had a Whataburger that wasn't grease-soaked cardboard compared with the average In-n-out double. But then, I've never been to In-n-out in Texas.
The fries... are inconsistent. When you get them on a good day, In-n-Out fries are the best fries you've ever eaten. Most of the  time, they're . . . pretty bad.

Yes