Lincoln Riley to USC

Landomatic

26 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Are you a fellow panhandle peep? 

Spent a lot of time there in my childhood. My family is from Dalhart/Dumas area. Grew up going to the XIT rodeo out there and spent most of my time in the oilfield in the panhandle. My great grandfather was Sheriff out there for a time before he became a ranch foreman. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

This esteemed lawyer gets it, and some of you should be ashamed that we have to dumb down why Lincoln is a shit bag to something an infant in diapers can understand (instead of the usual explain it like I"m five).

It's not about the fact that he shouldn't be talking to USC. It's not that he's "technically" correct that he wasn't directly speaking with USC until after the Bedlam game. The reason he is a shit bag, among 5,000 other bags of dicks, is that he's trying to lead us all to believe that this whole opportunity emerged out of thin air after the Bedlam game, which is a complete crock of shit, and yes that is still the case after reading the bs post earlier from the USC "insider". It's absolutely impossible for that to have happened that way. There were discussions along the way and it all came together on Sunday, just like every other coaching deal happens.

i bolded the important part. weird thing to get bent out of shape about. i guess recruiting is slow?

30 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

Doesn't LR still have his 2 dogs with him that are named "boomer" and "sooner"?

No way that could end up being awkward in *any* *way* (....like when recruits/players/staff/administration visit him at his houses?)!  Lulz.

"And ... let me introduce you to our two dogs - Fight! and On!

Because we knew that some day, we were coming home!

Ain't that right, honey?" (Honey being the wifey, not either of the dogs.  I think.)

What are Fido and Fifi going to do?  Other than pee on the rugs?

9 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

It’s all Texas fans have

Money is all young Texas fans have. There reaches a point in your life where you cross a line of demarcation, and the currency that is the most valuable goes from being money to time. The old cigar boosters with the deep pockets at all of these schools know they have a very limited number of football seasons left to enjoy. I salute them for taking their shot. Last year, I wish we had done a dynamic move like what we are seeing now. But we didn't. As usual, we acted like we are Washington State or Purdue. Many of us on this board will most likely never see another Texas national title in football. If I had serious bank, I would be on the horn with CDC. Alas, my broke ass will have to root against ou and aggie winning a title before I die. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

Simmons has followed Riley his whole career so that one would have been easy. Grinch was Riley's hand picked guy, so that was easy. Wiley is just happy to have a job, so that is easy. Bedenbauch probably saw the writing on the wall once those other coaches were leaving and got himself a spot on the lifeboat to the tropical island. And it was poinsettias, not mimosas you uncultured fuck. 

Riley-Wylie go back to their days at Tech, right? I remember us being all excited when we "poached" Wylie from Tceh. Sheesh.

6 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Money is all young Texas fans have. There reaches a point in your life where you cross a line of demarcation, and the currency that is the most valuable goes from being money to time. The old cigar boosters with the deep pockets at all of these schools know they have a very limited number of football seasons left to enjoy. I salute them for taking their shot. Last year, I wish we had done a dynamic move like what we are seeing now. But we didn't. As usual, we acted like we are Washington State or Purdue. Many of us on this board will most likely never see another Texas national title in football. If I had serious bank, I would be on the horn with CDC. Alas, my broke ass will have to root against ou and aggie winning a title before I die. 

For me it is cognitive dissonance. I have seen behind the bullshit of how we operate on a football level. The BMDs are like kids pulling off stickers on a Rubix Cube. Thinking that hey I don't actually have to solve the damn thing...just pull the stickers off. And then that humiliated nekkid cube without colors falls on the floor and becomes a dog's chew toy. This is UT football. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

Mack was 6-9 against Stoops.  7-9 against OU overall (his win in 1998 was over John Blake).

anybody who understands Mack Brown's career here knows that that problem wasn't losing to OU it was losing to Kstate/Tech/aggy when shit was on the line.

50 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Nobody says it’s a slam dunk.  My life is fine either way.  Fans are morons, yours truly included.  Riley felt stale.  I was ready to roll the dice before this move and I’m as excited as ever.  I love all of you telling me how scared I should be.  It’s like you forgot how every one of you also thinks.  Mack was run out on a rail.  Stoops had worn his welcome out.  It’s how fans are.  If I had my own 100M riding on it I might be shaking in my boots.  As it is, zero fucks.  Roll them dice.  

edit:  btw huck may be the most milquetoast calculated MF on this entire site and, even though he hates me/OU, he laid out a great case for LR being on the decline.  It is what it is.  

Tl;dr:  boomer sooner, boomer sooner, boomer sooner, boomer sooner, boomer sooner, boomer sooner, boomer sooner, boomer sooner, boomer sooner, boomer sooner.

boomer sooner, boomer sooner, boomer sooner, boomer sooner.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, ElChupacabra said:

Spent a lot of time there in my childhood. My family is from Dalhart/Dumas area. Grew up going to the XIT rodeo out there and spent most of my time in the oilfield in the panhandle. My great grandfather was Sheriff out there for a time before he became a ranch foreman. 

The Texas Bucket List - The Grill in Dalhart

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

This esteemed lawyer gets it, and some of you should be ashamed that we have to dumb down why Lincoln is a shit bag to something an infant in diapers can understand (instead of the usual explain it like I"m five).

It's not about the fact that he shouldn't be talking to USC. It's not that he's "technically" correct that he wasn't directly speaking with USC until after the Bedlam game. The reason he is a shit bag, among 5,000 other bags of dicks, is that he's trying to lead us all to believe that this whole opportunity emerged out of thin air after the Bedlam game, which is a complete crock of shit, and yes that is still the case after reading the bs post earlier from the USC "insider". It's absolutely impossible for that to have happened that way. There were discussions along the way and it all came together on Sunday, just like every other coaching deal happens.

It’s business. OU people should understand that.

7 minutes ago, ElChupacabra said:

I've eaten there a few times and it's damn good. Now I'm starving. 

Stopped at "The Grill" in Dalhart with my son on trip back from Colorado -- I'm a sucker for old diner food, and my son is too!!

photo0jpg.jpg

Good Stuff... 😋 

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 2

I once met a man at the XIT rodeo in Dalhart that invited us to his house to check it out. He looked like he had just crawled out from under a bridge but he was very nice and seemed trustworthy so we went. Well, this crazy bastard legitimately lived in a treehouse. Like, a full on house in a tree. He had shit crammed in every nook and cranny of that place. As a young kid, it was amazing and he gave us all kinds of old collectibles and I even got a brand new blow dart gun, still in the package. He gave me a matching set of 1968 Texas license plates that had never been mounted. The paper divider between the plates was an advertisement for the Texas Prison Rodeo. Still have the plates, too.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Stopped in with my son on trip back from Colorado -- I'm a sucker for dinner food, and my son is too!!

Good Stuff... 😋

Ha, me too. I grew up in a restaurant my family owned in Henrietta called The Dinner Bell. Cowboy steak, burgers, salad bar, anything you could want. I can do some eating.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ElChupacabra said:

Ha, me too. I grew up in a restaurant my family owned in Henrietta called The Dinner Bell. Cowboy steak, burgers, salad bar, anything you could want. I can do some eating.

That is good because Arby's has the meat. Its all chupacabra. Where do they get it? Ask yourself.