Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Now We Have a Machine Gun

texifornia

6 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

He was extremely overrated in college too.  He sure as shit did fuckall again Sam in our game.

All that's shit talking and crickets after the game when he did absolutely nothing to contribute to their win. They all thanked Keontay Ingram for that. 

• Rage+1 1

Late to the party. Barely getting over 2024 recruiting but

KJ committed early. Is his tape good? I know he’s not a 5 star and all lulz but not sure how he compares to the other qbs in class. Being from Alabama I would’ve assumed bama or auburn.

Is he gonna be hard to hold on to? Before Saban retired I know there was mention of bama trying to get involved and then now ole miss. He also isn’t from Texas so easier to stay somewhere closer.

1 minute ago, utexas8 said:

Late to the party. Barely getting over 2024 recruiting but

KJ committed early. Is his tape good? I know he’s not a 5 star and all lulz but not sure how he compares to the other qbs in class. Being from Alabama I would’ve assumed bama or auburn.

Is he gonna be hard to hold on to? Before Saban retired I know there was mention of bama trying to get involved and then now ole miss. He also isn’t from Texas so easier to stay somewhere closer.

The word is evreybody got in his ear after Ewers decided to come back. With Arch in the pipeline, prolly gonna shoot for the 25 games like Ewers. Pushing KJs timeline back. 

The problem is, the main schools he would consider have a QB backlog similar to Texas. 

So that angle probably wont work for those schools. But it can still put a stick in Texas spokes as far as trying to keep him. Which works just fine for those other schools. 

• Like 1

Wells put in a RPM for Jonah Williams to OU. Apparently going to play baseball and football.

It means nothing I know, but Nahlin has said recently the last few months he wasn’t in love with Williams’ junior tape compared to his ranking. Seems like a tweener.

Edited by Hookem2147

28 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Wells put in a RPM for Jonah Williams to OU. Apparently going to play baseball and football.

It means nothing I know, but Nahlin has said recently the last few months he wasn’t in love with Williams’ junior tape compared to his ranking. Seems like a tweener.

Selling recruits on a second sport is such a con 99.9% of the time. Weigman and Catalon never sniffed a baseball practice. It took Kyler 3 years to play even somewhat regularly. Atm forced our hand into giving Malcom Epps a fake basketball scholarship. I’ll be shocked if Duce does anything this spring for USC

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

DB recruiting will be interesting to follow this cycle.  It's not a dire need since we pulled in five studs in the 24' class and we can probably be selective and may end up only taking three or four.  Not sure exactly who we even lead for at the moment.  Coby Sellers has gotten some OU picks recently.  The DB we just offered from Houston (Guillory) doesn't have a ranking from any of the services, but the $9.95ers talk like he may end up a top 300 recruit.

Front seven on defense needs to be a high end haul for this class.  

I'm really not worried about offensive recruiting.

4 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Gerry/Bobby has said that Jonah thinks he's a DB.....

• Hook 'Em 3

The word is evreybody got in his ear after Ewers decided to come back. With Arch in the pipeline, prolly gonna shoot for the 25 games like Ewers. Pushing KJs timeline back. 
The problem is, the main schools he would consider have a QB backlog similar to Texas. 
So that angle probably wont work for those schools. But it can still put a stick in Texas spokes as far as trying to keep him. Which works just fine for those other schools. 

giphy.gif

On 2/2/2024 at 2:41 PM, closetojumping said:

I've already provided a breakdown, in this thread, of North Shore recruits and their value + performance after leaving HS. I am correct in my sentiment and have no interest in digging that work up for your ignorant, uninformed ass. Schools spent hundreds of hours and over $1M on Zac Evans trying to get his sorry ass to campus and then trying to retain him there. He did nothing but mope as a locker room cancer, bounce around with the occasional big game, wait for his NFL eligibility to kick in and then plead a sob story to NFL teams about how he was mishandled. Some dumb fucking team drafted him late and he did nothing this year, but that, in your idiotic opinion, enables you to make a "3 players on an NFL roster" claim. 

My entire point revolves around shit like what Zac Evans has done. Or Denver Harris. Or Shadrach Banks. Or Robbie Reid. Or Kris Ross. Or sundry other shitheels coming out of that place. You have to kiss 10 turds before one of them turns into K'Lavon Chaisson. There are countless other schools with better numbers than that. That's why you see NS and Sanchez getting cursory focus from Texas now. 

So take your "major lulz" and shove them straight up your fat ass. Then, maybe go educate yourself a smidge on the subject matter before coming back here and spraying your special form of stupid all over this thread again. 

Chaisson isn't even that great. 11 starts in 4 NFL seasons, 5 total sacks. His career at LSU was all hype as well. 9.5 career sacks. Cosmi stoned him in 2019.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Something to track:

Lots of folks on boards asking about Marsh from Katy whatever HS at WR. 

I am hoping/expecting to be a very hard pass on that dude and his batshit crazy family. Let him go be Chris Marshall Jr somewhere else. Hoping to see ATM get on him and land him, or OU.

Something to track:
I am hoping/expecting to be a very hard pass on that dude and his batshit crazy family. Let him go be Chris Marshall Jr somewhere else. Hoping to see ATM get on him and land him, or OU.
https://www.on3.com/db/andrew-marsh-151045/

For those curious like me.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 2/5/2024 at 12:20 AM, HtownHorn said:

Chaisson isn't even that great. 11 starts in 4 NFL seasons, 5 total sacks. His career at LSU was all hype as well. 9.5 career sacks. Cosmi stoned him in 2019.

Bad overhyped DEs/OLBs are a pet peeve of mine.  Chaisson wasn't good and was a net negative when you consider him vs the run.  OU has had a handful of overhyped DEs that almost single-handedly let worse Texas teams beat them.  Eric Stryker comes to mind, and he was voted as an All-American.  For whatever reason, sports media loves the dudes who can get upfield quickly even when the run goes right into the giant gap they just opened.

Edited by JBJ

8 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

I'm all for taking DLs who wrestle. Plus, no sunshine, but his nickname is Sugar Bear, so I'm a bit conflicted.

Suga Bear is uh.. maybe not the kind of nickname a DT wants in the SEC. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JBJ said:

Bad overhyped DEs/OLBs are a pet peeve of mine.  Chaisson wasn't good and was a net negative when you consider him vs the run.  OU has had a handful of overhyped DEs that almost single-handedly let worse Texas teams beat them.  Eric Stryker comes to mind, and he was voted as an All-American.  For whatever reason, sports media loves the dudes who can get upfield quickly even when the run goes right into the giant gap they just opened.

image.png.de1ec0dc96cab4cbe7932213b4c972a7.png

2 hours ago, kwood4408 said:

So what’s the negative with this kid, I haven’t seen or heard anything about him?

Well, for one Fulshear is where you move to when you've decided Katy has gotten too liberal and you don't yet have money for 10 acres in Bastrop with a disaster bunker.

Not a slight on the kid, but it makes his parents a little weird. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

Well, for one Fulshear is where you move to when you've decided Katy has gotten too liberal and you don't yet have money for 10 acres in Bastrop with a disaster bunker.

Not a slight on the kid, but it makes his parents a little weird. 

The dad passed some time ago. 

The mother has been arrested and charged in an opioid distribution ring. ( read for yourselves ) She's gotten into multiple fights in the stands, including with parents of players on her son's team. The player himself has not been described as an ideal teammate. Outside of great measurables, there's a lot of work on and off the field.

This will be a very large NIL recruitment that has a ton of hair all over it. I've left a bunch of shit out, even. I know Sarkisian has visited the guy and such, but here's hoping Texas realizes that he'd make a hell of an impact at ATM.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

27 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The mother has been arrested and charged in an opioid distribution ring.

That does help contextualize the move to Fulshear.  Seems like an ideal place to move hillbilly heroin. 

Not to go CR, but I'm imagining notorious Paxton super fan @YGIFS reading the thread and making a connection that the AG investigation is leverage on the cartels who lost money in World Class Holdings.

giphy.gif.c8966b3a3e92b6bf0058393a00530068.gif

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Still so pathetic that they let this schmuck wear #60. So fucking undeserving.

More pathetic than Herman and Orlando constantly playing guys way, way the fuck out of position so they look like shit?

1 hour ago, LCHorn said:

That does help contextualize the move to Fulshear.  Seems like an ideal place to move hillbilly heroin. 

Not to go CR, but I'm imagining notorious Paxton super fan @YGIFS reading the thread and making a connection that the AG investigation is leverage on the cartels who lost money in World Class Holdings.

giphy.gif.c8966b3a3e92b6bf0058393a00530068.gif

I’m a Paxton super fan?  This is news to me.  Thanks for lumping me with him for Mexico to notice 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Sam Spiegelman with a Texas rpm pick for Chad Woodfork.

https://www.on3.com/db/chad-woodfork-153753/

There is a lot of work to be done still on this recruitment. I would put Texas in the top 3 or so with LSU and USC also looking attractive.  Texas Tech is recruiting him very hard. (Bo Davis leaving will have an impact, but it’s not like he was the most active recruiter to begin with.)

Edited by Enchubben

23 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Something to track:

5 hours ago, kwood4408 said:

So what’s the negative with this kid, I haven’t seen or heard anything about him?

Im friends with someone on staff at Jordan. CTJ is not lying to you. Heard Nebraska leads anyways with a nutty offer.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Eric Nahlin: Texas is in great early position with 2025 EDGE recruiting

Early in the 2024 cycle I saw offensive line and cornerback recruiting pretty similarly. At the time I felt Kyle Flood and Terry Joseph had established very strong big boards. A big board isn’t just a wish list, it’s typically a list of players who Texas has a genuine chance to land. These are players who consistently communicate with the coaches. They’ve either visited or intend to do so.

This cycle I feel wide receiver and EDGE are in good positions based on where Texas sits with key prospects. Replace Flood and Joseph with two unlikely coaches, Chris Jackson and Pete Kwiatkowski. Both are “coach’s coaches” more so than recruiters, though it’s still early for Jackson as a recruiter so I don’t want to sell him short. Fluctuations in recruiting are not surprising and happen all the time.

Sometimes having a strong big board is as much luck as anything else. The inverse is also true — think Jeff Choate and the difference in linebacker recruiting in 2022 compared to 2023. The talent disparity between the two classes couldn’t have been more stark. While the state always produces a number of quality receivers, EDGE prospects are frequently M.I.A. outside of one, maybe two each cycle. This is year is different at the position, though. Today we’ll do Edge; I’ll get to receiver soon.

Lance Jackson, Texarkana (Texas) Pleasant Grove #AllGasNoBrakes

The 6-foot-5, 240 pound standout is already committed. He profiles cleanly to Jack, a difficult position to fill. Texas is quietly loading up at the position with Ethan Burke, Colton Vasek, Zina Umeozulu, and now Jackson. That’s a really strong assembly line, especially for a proven developer like PK. Though Jacks aren’t in abundance, one thing the position has going for it is players can apprentice at Buck while they physically mature and become better run defenders.

That’s part of the evaluation and why you take longer players with room for good weight like each of the players listed above. This is good, strong roster management. Bucks are much more easy to find simply because they’re typically not as big. They do need to be even more athletic than Jacks, though, while still possessing good enough length. Texas is in a good place at Buck as well, especially with apprentice Jacks starting their career there.

Kamauryn Morgan, Dallas (Texas) South Oak Cliff

One player who could apprentice at Buck before moving is Kamauryn Morgan, though after seeing him at junior day, I think he might remain at Buck. He is indeed long but somewhat narrow. I walked away from him thinking of former LSU standout Arden Key. Key’s size at the combine was nearly 6-foot-5, 240 pounds which seems to be where Morgan is headed.

I have Morgan figured for Buck longterm but what’s the worst thing that could happen? He moves to Jack? That wouldn’t be bad at all. Morgan had an ear to ear smile on his face after Texas’ junior day. I like Texas’ chances here. He’s certainly a priority.

Chad Woodfork, Humble (Texas) Summer Creek

Woodfork could very well make a decision in March. After talking to him earlier this week, the staff certainly seems to be pushing, to the extent the staff pushes this early in a cycle. Texas is pitching Woodfork on how well he fits the scheme, school, and within the culture. PK told him that while Woodfork was on his recent visit, Sark and Jeff Banks also told him that when they went by Summer Creek.

Woodfork, a strong student, strikes me as a kid who would go to Texas even if he didn’t play football. I need to get my eyes on him again soon. I’ve yet to truly get an understanding of his physical upside.

Smith Orogbo, Houston (Texas) Alief Hastings

The Battle of Hastings could spark anew between Texas and OU for the services of Alief product Smith Orogbo. Let’s hope this one ends with the Normans on the L side of the win-loss column. Orogbo was at OU this past weekend. He told IT, “what stood out to me was the way they run their defense, the way they treat family, and the whole program.”

He’s like if Umeozulu wasn’t going to grow into a Jack. He does a great job at a young age of using what looks like elite length to his advantage. Orogbo has essentially called Texas his dream school, as has Woodfork, but you know how that sometimes goes.

Max Granville, Sugar Land (Texas) Fort Bend Christian

This is one Norman conquest I do expect to succeed. IT caught up with Fort Bend Christian head coach Jordan Black on Thursday and it quickly became clear OU is in a very strong position for Granville. That wasn’t surprising. My goal for the call was to learn how hard Texas is pushing. The answer is not very.

Black didn’t know why Texas wasn’t more aggressive, but one thing he said that was interesting is Alabama and LSU have envisioned him as an inside linebacker. That tells me length could be an issue despite Granville being in the 6-foot-3 range. He’s a good player and seems like a good fit for Buck. I think the obvious takeaway is Texas has other players higher on the board.

If Texas can land two of Morgan, Woodfork, and Orogbo to pair with Jackson, it would a very strong haul for Kwiatkowski. It’s still early, things can always change, but PK has his recruiting class in a great place.

Joe Cook: Evaluating Texas' top 2025 running back targets

It’s often said by anyone associated with Inside Texas that Steve Sarkisian and company go coast to coast when searching for talent. Sure, the Texas Longhorns have the always-talented Lone Star State filled with the best Texas high school football has to offer, and they go after a number of the top players in the UIL. But Sarkisian and company use the national brand of Texas football to search for talent nationwide, and no assistant embodies that more than Tashard Choice.

During the 2024 cycle, Choice ventured to Florida for Jerrick Gibson and Arizona for Christian Clark. In 2023, he mixed in-state and national recruiting with CJ Baxter and Tre Wisner. 2025 looks like 2023 at this stage, with Choice after a number of local and national prospects. A main group of targets has coalesced at this early stage of the 2025 cycle. What does each have as part of their skill set?

Jordon Davison, RB, Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei

Depending on the philosophy of the head coach or the offensive coordinator, the best athlete on a given high school team often finds himself playing either quarterback or running back. It’s easy to get the ball to the quarterback and only a smaller task to give it to the running back.

At a place like Mater Dei where there’s talent at every position, it’s not just about being the best athlete when playing running back. The competition level against some of the best high schools in the Los Angeles area, as well as against some other national powerhouses, demands that someone who knows who to play the position lines up and gets carries for the Monarchs.

Davison fits that role perfectly for Mater Dei. Not only does he run with balance and showcase good agility, he does so while doing running back things instead of athlete things. He’s reading zone blocking (albeit behind a loaded offensive line, one that includes current Longhorn Brandon Baker). He’s making his cuts behind a lot of inside zone, something he’d be tasked with at Texas. There’s also gap running, something easier for high school backs and blockers but something he’s skilled at running behind.

There are some times he can be a bit loose with the football in as much as it can get away from his body. But that’s something Texas’ punch out drill (or fewer earned reps with the first or second team) can quickly solve. Davison is a bit of an unknown when it comes to catching out of the backfield considering he only has 21 catches in three years. And top-end speed is quality but not one of his elite traits.

But to be a three-year contributor and a two-year starter at Mater Dei entering his senior year? There’s talent that a high-level program has recognized as necessary for some time. Choice has done the same, prioritizing Davison over the past couple of years. Davison even made it down to Austin for the most recent junior day. The Longhorns lead in the On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine with a 78% chance of landing Davison.

Rickey Stewart, RB, Tyler (Texas) Chapel Hill

One of the first questions a small-school prospect should be able to quickly answer in the affirmative is if he is the best player on almost any field he steps on, save for maybe his team reaches the later rounds of the playoffs. The answer for Rickey Stewart to that question is yes.

Remember how some high school coaches put their best athletes at quarterback? Stewart does that on a part-time basis for Chapel Hill, taking the snaps himself if he’s not at running back. He doesn’t split time between offense and defense according to Justin Wells, which says something about his value to the Chapel Hill offense.

Too often with small town “best athletes,” they get the ball put in their hands and are just told to go score touchdowns. Stewart does that, but he does it while doing running back things and not just making playground plays. He runs behind basic zone blocking schemes and does well to identify the hole on a given play. Because of his speed compared to those around him, he’s better served by getting into the open field rather than waiting too long to find the exact right gap to run through. The right level of patience is something that will have to be learned at the next level when the linebackers are able to chase him down if he doesn’t hit the right landmarks.

High school opponents have to pick their poison between defending against Stewart and teammate Demetrius Brisbon, another Power Four level prospect who plays quarterback for CHHS. Stewart benefits greatly from his teammate, but there’s little doubt about his physical tools. He’s willing to pass protect, but will doesn’t mean skill in this case.

There’s excellent athleticism and strong traits for running back that will have to be molded no matter where Stewart goes. He picked up an offer from Texas at the most recent junior day and subsequently decommitted from SMU. Texas is the leader for Stewart in the On3 RPM with a 96.3% chance.

Tiger Riden, RB, DeSoto (Texas)

When current Longhorn running back Tre Wisner transferred from Waco Connally to DeSoto ahead of his senior year in 2022, prevailing wisdom had Wisner receiving most of the carries in the Eagle offense. But Riden, then a sophomore, had something to say about that.

The DeSoto coaches maximized having Wisner, Riden, and future Longhorn Johntay Cook on their squad by deploying Wisner in a multitude of ways but having Riden function as the main running back. His sophomore year, he tallied 1339 yards on 194 carries with 18 touchdowns. In 2023 as part of another state championship effort but just in 10 games, Riden rushed for 1044 yards and 12 touchdowns on 139 carries, a mark good for 7.5 yards per tote.

Similar to Davison and Mater Dei, Riden and DeSoto use a variety of run schemes behind an extremely talented offensive line. Not only that, he plays in one of the most competitive high school districts in the nation when it comes to football. Yet he still performs at an extremely high level.

Riden shows a great balance and vision when running. He’s extremely similar to Davison as a prospect, though Davison has a few more pounds on him with athleticism in the same neighborhood. SMU is the current leader in the On3 RPM with a 20.4% chance. That number is followed by Texas A&M at 17.8%, Texas at 15.3%, and USC and Oklahoma at 12.7%.

Akylin Dear, RB, Quitman (Miss.)

From a tiny town with a population right about 2000 is one of the Deep South’s most sought-after prospects. Quitman is south of Meridian and north of nowhere, but coaches (including Choice) have flocked to Quitman High School to see Dear.

Once again the best athlete on his team, Dear makes cuts and goes on long runs impressive for someone standing 6-foot-1 and a hair over 200 pounds. He moves decisively in space and has a unique ability to maintain speed at a high level even while changing direction. Despite playing at a lower level, his knack for splitting safeties on inside runs is an indication of the speed he possesses. Those safeties are often brought near the line of scrimmage to prevent Dear from getting up to speed. He usually makes it a non-factor.

There’s evidence on film of Dear giving good effort in blocking and pass protection, but maybe not at a college level consistency. Of course, with so much asked of him on a down-to-down basis there’s probably some times when he tries to sneak as much as possible when the ball is not in his hands. Plucking Dear from the State of the Southeast, specifically Ole Miss’s backyard, will be no easy task. Lane Kiffin has met and made Dear a priority of late. Ole Miss leads the On3 RPM with a 96% chance.

Harlem Berry, RB, Metairie (La.) St. Martin’s Episcopal — LSU commit

Berry has a 10.57 100m and a 21.43 200m to his name, and that’s evident the second you turn on his tape. What he obviously lacks in stature at 5-foot-10, 180 pounds he makes up for in pure speed. St. Martin’s Episcopal has the ball in his hands all the time and he made the most of it to the tune of over 2000 yards and 37 touchdowns this past season. He makes game-breaking cuts that only someone with his athleticism can pull off no matter the level.

Berry has good running back skills, but the speed and agility he has is what makes him an elite prospect. In addition, Berry is utilized all over the field, even as a wide receiver who at times lines up and runs routes. When it comes to pure athleticism, it’s hard find a comparison in the 2025 class to the LSU commit. Berry committed to the Tigers on January 3.

Eric Nahlin: Who are the names to know for Texas in the 2025 class?

To answer this question with depth it deserved I needed to turn it into a full article. At this point in the cycle the response could have been much longer, but I tried to keep it as short as one of Geronimo’s typical comments. You’re going to get a lot more than three names here but at least you now have something to reference in between your son’s at bats.

Quarterback

Texas has KJ Lacey committed. He’s a stud, similar to Bryce Young as far as play-style. Schools are fighting hard to pry him loose but Sark has a pretty good grip. Texas vs Auburn for the most part.

Offensive Tackle

The state of Texas has three awesome OT prospects in Michael Fasusi, Lamont Rogers, and Ty Haywood. Kyle Flood seems to like Fasusi the most but one could make a case for any of the three having the most upside. Texas has to land one of them and Fasusi is most likely. Again, the state is incredible at OT this cycle, with Bridgeland teammates Jonte Newman and Ryan Fodje both deserving mention. Those guys will likely end up at OU and/or A&M, however.

Interior Offensive Line

A priority in the cycle similar to DJ Campbell (2022) or Daniel Cruz (2024) has yet to emerge. The staff recently offered Connor Carty from Prosper, the same school Jake Majors went attended. iOL isn’t nearly as strong instate as tackle and the staff is looking nationally. Hopefully we hear more about Juan Gaston.

Wide Receiver

LSU commit Dakorien Moore is one of the top receivers in the country. So too is Andrew Marsh. Texas will get one, imo, and perhaps even both. I’ll have much more on receivers soon as I answer a question from your fellow IT stalwart, UTwuz.

Running Back

The most likely class is Jordon Davison and Rickey Stewart. Davison is a volume back from Mater Dei. Stewart is an East Texas slasher who has similarities to Tre Wisner and Jonathon Brooks (not as nuanced as Brooks, though). Tashard Choice probably already has 2025 and 2026 running back recruiting locked up.

Tight End

Texas has a commitment from Emaree Winston out of Georgia. He’s essentially an H-back. The dream is Texas will land both Kiotti Armstrong and Nick Townsend. Armstrong is an in-line option with receiving upside. Townsend is a total stud a la Ja’Tavion Sanders. Some worry about Armstrong growing into an offensive tackle. Great! Texas uses offensive tackles at tight end. I don’t want to have to introduce you to anyone else at the position.

Edge

PK has a commitment from Lance Jackson. He’s one of the best players in the state at a position that’s hard to fill. He’ll play Jack which is the bigger Edge. No matter who Texas lands from here, Jackson will be one of the biggest wins of the entire cycle. The staff is also after Kamauryn Morgan, Chad Woodfork, Smith Orogbo, and a handful of others. It’s a good class instate. They’re also looking nationally.

Interior Defensive Line

Texas has a commitment from Brandon Brown, a Florida native who has some similarities to Malcom Brown. Like with OT, it’s a pretty loaded instate class at the position. Lufkin native Zion Williams is one of the most important players on the board. Other names to know are Dilan Battle, Landon Rink, DJ Sanders, Floyd Guidry, and Xavier Ukponu.

Texas also just offered Josiah Sharma out of the foothills of the Sierra Nevadas. Noteworthy because he’s a giant space-eater type who can move. The fact I could write an iDL section this long is a major positive. Texas HAS to kill it this cycle like it had to kill O-line in 2022.

Linebacker

LOADED with options. Riley Pettijohn, Elijah Barnes, JJ Shelton, Javar Thomas, and Jonathan Cunningham have offers. Those are just instate kids. Out-of-state kids to watch include Gavin Nix, Nasir Wyatt, Matai Tagoa’i, and Jaedon Harmon. Texas already has a commitment from Anthony Williams, a longer, athletic option at the position.

Cornerback

Devin Sanchez is a five-star from North Shore committed to Ohio State. Flipping him will require work but it’s doable. Dorian Brew will likely come down to Texas, Ohio State, and LSU. USC is pushing as well. Cobey Sellers likes Texas and OU, with OU having the edge as of now. Texas is in it, though. He’s a teammate of Anthony Williams at Shadow Creek.

Other names will emerge. One to watch for is Jamar Beal-Goines from Arizona. Colleges are scooping the networks on him big time. He’s picking up good offers of late. Texas may throw its hat in the ring.

Safety

This might be the worst instate position so Texas is looking nationally. Blake Gideon just offered Courtland Guillory out of Klein Oak as a corner but I’m 95% sure he’ll become a safety. Texas recently offered Dallas Golden from Tampa. He has some of my favorite tape in the class. A safety who could play college receiver at a high level, which I believe he could, has incredible upside on defense.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, satyanash said:

One of the first questions a small-school prospect should be able to quickly answer in the affirmative is if he is the best player on almost any field he steps on, save for maybe his team reaches the later rounds of the playoffs. The answer for Rickey Stewart to that question is yes.

Tyler Chapel Hill is a 4A program in the same district as Kilgore, Lindale, Pine Tree, Henderson and Palestine. there is no universe where i consider them a "small school"

now, Bussey at Timpson (2A, populatoin 991) who is in a district with Joaquin (population 728), Shelbyville (221!), Garrison (793) - that's a small school prospect.

acting like a 4A school is "small" is lazy as hell.