Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Now We Have a Machine Gun

texifornia

6 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

Is this thread implying Cordova was the one responsible for the peanut incident? Because I haven't seen that information anywhere and it's a pretty serious thing to imply

Yes he was the one who was responsible or at least partially responsible for doing that. It was brushed under the rug because of who he is....it's surprising that it's taken this long to come out.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

9 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Jesus Christ. Football over a kid's fucking life. It's a fucking sport, and this is attempted murder. Fucking bullshit. I hope that kid is OK. Pieces of garbage.Ā 

Ā 

Lighten up Francis. I am sure all of those kids got together and said "Hey, let's try to kill our teammate today." More likely it was just a bunch of meathead 17 and 18 year olds making meathead decisions with no real grasp on true consequences just like we all did back then.Ā 

• Fuck You 2

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

They had previously asked him if he was allergic and he told them yes and it could kill him. They intentionally gave him the peanut product knowing this. No this shouldn't be taken lightly or brushed under the rug. This isn't some huehuehue meathead bullshit.

So you're saying that they did, in fact, get together and say "Let's try and kill our teammate today."

Just now, Vertigo said:

So you're saying that they did, in fact, get together and say "Let's try and kill our teammate today."

You tell me if someone tells you they are allergic and it could kill them if they are given peanuts and a person who has been told this information intentionally gives them peanut product.....

20 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

You tell me if someone tells you they are allergic and it could kill them if they are given peanuts and a person who has been told this information intentionally gives them peanut product.....

Heard the story, didn't know the players involved.Ā  Kids should be doing a stint in juvie at least.Ā  Best case that's assault, worst case that's attempted murder.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, ClubWhatever said:

I know all the kids involved and know exactly what happened. It was a really stupid prank amongst friends. The offenders apologized, the victim accepted the apology, and he is still on the team and hangs out with the offenders daily.

It could have gone wrong really really quickly but thank God it didn't.Ā 

Everyone on the team has moved on.

Edited by Longhorn94
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

I know all the kids involved and know exactly what happened. It was a really stupid prank amongst friends. The offenders apologized, the victim accepted the apology, and he is still on the team and hangs out with the offenders daily.

Good to know.Ā  The lady that tweeted it is in Los Angeles and looks like a fucking lunatic.

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

Ā 

26 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Good to know.Ā  The lady that tweeted it is in Los Angeles and looks like a fucking lunatic.

I feel like I am taking crazy pills myself. What in the fuck is being discussed here? Did a target at Lake Travis (who would that even be?) instigate trying to kill a teammate with peanuts? This is a thing?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Ā 

I feel like I am taking crazy pills myself. What in the fuck is being discussed here? Did a target at Lake Travis (who would that even be?) instigate trying to kill a teammate with peanuts? This is a thing?

Someone posted a tweet on the previous page that Cordova was involved in a prank where some kids knowingly exposed a very allergic teammate to peanuts. Personally, I'm comforted by Longhorn94's explanation. No high school kid would ever continue to hang out with other kids who bullied him/her.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Ā 

Dude. Everything is OK. It was just a stupid prank. No football players will be held accountable for actions that could have killed a teammate. Nothing to see here. They apologized!

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 1

My understanding is that the victimā€™s parents are not ok with it, and that there were no charges because Lake Travis ISD has its own police, and they claimed jurisdiction.Ā 
Ā 
Was it a stupid prank? I donā€™t know if it was a prank, or bullying, but itā€™s about as smart as challenging a HS sophomore at a Friday night lake party to chug a bottle of vodka.Ā 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Ā 

Peanuts are the weapon of choice for kids these days.

There is a good DT at LT that is Texas worthy. Big kid, very aggressive, strong, athletic, good work ethic, non-stop motor.

4 minutes ago, NoName said:

why is she sending this to you on IG?

Not to me. Someone on Twitter was intimating that her son was involved in this, and subsequently posted this message as a screenshot. In other words, the mom was saying stfu about my kid's involvement in the peanut issue. I think the mom's message speaks for itself.

Edited by SimkinsMan
  • Hook 'Em 3

The mom is a little crazy and her son is not happy about her antics.

Just now, closetojumping said:

Good for that player. As always, I hope Texas never recruits another Lake Travis player ever into the eternity of the future. Hopefully the trend sticks here and he can allegedly go get involved with doing shitty things to teammates at OU or Baylor or something. Meanwhile, his mom can sit comfortably above it all in her helicopter, making sure no one is a meanie to her son.

Well that's just a stupid take.Ā 

Just now, SimkinsMan said:

Not to me. Someone on Twitter was intimating that her son was involved in this, posted this message as a screenshot. In other words, the mom was saying stfu about my kid's involvement in the peanut issue. I think the mom's message speaks for itself.

Correct. Someone posted a name or his recruit profile and she sent that to them.

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Good for that player. As always, I hope Texas never recruits another Lake Travis player ever into the eternity of the future. Hopefully the trend sticks here and he can allegedly go get involved with doing shitty things to teammates at OU or Baylor or something. Meanwhile, his mom can sit comfortably above it all in her helicopter, making sure no one is a meanie to her son.

Idk about going this far. Skill players sure. Big bodies are big bodies though.Ā 

Just now, closetojumping said:

Name a big body from Lake Travis that was a net positive contributor at Texas. Or, hell, anywhere.Ā 

Brendan Jaimes started at LT for Nebraska for several years and is a member of the LA Chargers now.

To be fair, we have been better at QB, WR, and RB than on the line. But this kid is different and there are several 6'5+ edge and DT prospects coming up including Bobby Duncum's kid.Ā 

Ā 

11 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

Brendan Jaimes started at LT for Nebraska for several years and is a member of the LA Chargers now.

To be fair, we have been better at QB, WR, and RB than on the line. But this kid is different and there are several 6'5+ edge and DT prospects coming up including Bobby Duncum's kid.Ā 

Ā 

I think the concern is how cavalier (see what I did there?) you are in dismissing this kid playing a "prank" on a teammate that could have killed him. That's some Joe Mixon/Sooner shit.Ā 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Lighten up Francis. I am sure all of those kids got together and said "Hey, let's try to kill our teammate today." More likely it was just a bunch of meathead 17 and 18 year olds making meathead decisions with no real grasp on true consequences just like we all did back then.Ā 

Did you fail to read where they asked if he was allergic to peanuts, genius? Yeah, that sounds like something we all did here.Ā 

You can't be this stupid, right? Right?

Edited by Spider2YBanana

1 minute ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Did you fail to read where they asked if he was allergic to peanuts, genius? Yeah, that sounds like something we all did here.Ā 

Well, maybe they just wanted to see somebody swell up bad and get a tracheotomy. Did you ever think of that? Huh?

• Haha 1

Are some of you asshats really going with ā€œthe peanut was never provenā€ excuse? Jesus. Hopefully, this lady in LA had no real info on if they asked him about the severity of his allergy. If they thought heā€™d get hives or something, itā€™s not that bad and in line with dumbass high school boys. If they thought heā€™d die, fuck that. Itā€™s really that simple. But like usual, everyone here commenting really knows shit about fuck. Fucking offseason. Carry on.