Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Now We Have a Machine Gun

texifornia

Posted (edited)

Holy fuck you retards lose your mind over a simple statement of basically it would have been nice to have pancake factory for DL in 2023. There is no angst or anything from me just a simple statement. It may have helped with the interior this upcoming year. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

11 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Screenshot_20240307_194743_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240307_194752_Chrome.jpg

“Should be noted that a commitment will not stop his recruitment. He’s still like to take 5+ officials.”

IMG_3068.thumb.jpeg.479814b864fe5852da74d1400f30f7c1.jpeg

E.U.- “I know what a commitment is.”

Surly- “I dont think you do.”

IMG_3067.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

10 hours ago, Bevo said:

@closetojumping to where did your Bama friends end up going after Saban retired? 

9 hours ago, MuellerHorn said:

Yeah, I would have to imagine members of Saban's regime (machine) would be in demand if they wanted to move.

One does their own thing and has no need to go anywhere unless they’re bored and hate money. The other has had a ton of inquiries and isn’t interested in doing anything right now and can afford not to do so. They’re as worn out as one could be after that ride. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

South with 4 CBs this morning

Barnes, Harris, Stewart, and Fasusi.

He's out on a limb with Harris. I don't want that guy in the class if he is taken at the expense of other big time WRs. 

While we're at it, I saw that Texas is bringing Marsh in for an OV. I hope that never materializes. 

• Hook 'Em 3

I see that he assigns himself the handle aTm.   Yeah.  And a search wants me not to miss that he juked a white CB at some camp.

At some point, though, the culture becomes strong enough that you don't infect it, it extrudes out you.

8 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I see that he assigns himself the handle aTm.   Yeah.  And a search wants me not to miss that he juked a white CB at some camp.

At some point, though, the culture becomes strong enough that you don't infect it, it extrudes out you.

It's getting to a point where, when considering OL, WR, TB, and QB, the logic should just be "who do you want?" 

From that perspective, the only reason I would "want" someone with Marsh's baggage is because I believed that there was no one else like him. That's not the case on this one. Texas can sign a better group of 3-4 that does not include Marsh or Harris, and still win several key talents from the portal. 

I say all of that and consider it likely, as part of this process, that some guys will also be gone after this spring or after the 2024 season at WR. Should be fine for all of us paying attention while others handwring because they were convinced that WR Guy was going to be a star and they take his exit personally. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Early flip targets for Texas in 2025 (247)

Early flip targets for Texas in 2025

It’s never too early to start looking at potential flip candidates for the Longhorns in 2025, and there are already a handful of prospects Texas has its sights set on. Here’s a handful of recruits currently committed elsewhere that Texas remains in contention for.

Dakorien Moore, WR, Duncanville — LSU commit

There’s no bigger flip target than Moore, the No. 1 wide receiver in the nation. An LSU pledge, the five-star standout from Duncanville has remained in communication with the Texas staff and has taken visits to Austin since his pledge to the Bayou Bengals.

Moore always has a spot at Texas if he wants it, and at times there’s been optimism that a flip could come to fruition around those close to the recruitment. This will be one to continue to track closely.

Ryan Fodje, OT, Cypress Bridgeland — Oklahoma commit 

Oklahoma was the first big offer for the 6-foot-5, 275-pounder, who was ranked No. 80 overall in Wednesday’s Top247 update. The Longhorns joined the fold at Junior Day earlier this year and will continue to try and recruit the in-state lineman.

Expect Kyle Flood to be by Bridgeland in the spring.

For now, Fodje is solid with the Sooners. It’s only March, though.

Malik Autry, DL, Opelika (Ala.) — Auburn commit

The Longhorns have left the state a few times over the last few weeks to offer defensive linemen, Autry chief among them. The Yellowhammer State product committed to Auburn, Austin already locked in an unofficial visit to Austin for April 13 and will return for an official visit, likely in the summer.

He’s still firm with his commitment to Auburn but has several visits elsewhere lined up in the coming weeks. Texas could make it interesting with a strong first impression next month.

Jaboree Antoine, CB, New Iberia (La.) Westgate — LSU commit 

Antoine is one of the Longhorns’ top defensive back targets in the cycle and a commitment to LSU won’t keep Terry Joseph and Co. from continuing to work on getting him in the fold. Antoine is still actively taking visits, recently trekking out to Miami.

With Corey Raymond back in Baton Rouge, plus the home-state appeal, the Tigers could be a tough out, but Texas will keep trying to chip away. — HANK SOUTH

Top247 RB target expected back in Austin soon

11452819.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offset-y0.50&width=620&height=320 (Photo: Shotgun Spratling | USCfootball.com, 247Sports)

Jordon Davison, arguably the top running back on Texas’ board in 2025, has two visits lined up to Ohio State and Alabama later this month. But Davison told 247Sports’ Greg Biggins he wants to get back to Texas, where he’s visited around a half dozen times, most recently for Junior Day.

We’re told Davison plans to be back on the Forty Acres sometime in early April, per a source close to his recruitment. He’ll also be in for an official visit in the summer, a date of which is to be determined.

The Longhorns are trending heavily on the Crystal Ball for the West Coast ball carrier. — HANK SOUTH

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Gerry posted his best class scenario for the week. The link is below. OTF is producing great content. The posters there remind me of the nightmares I encountered on 247 back in the day. Guys posting using their actual names, people making 4-6 consecutive posts as whatever mental diarrhea pours out of their head and onto their keyboard, posters getting really, really sensitive if your tone with them isn't boy scout level straight, and then just dumb concepts posted and debated repeatedly. So, caveat emptor if you follow the link.

It's a beating. 

"I think Dakorien Moore is a good prospect!!!! At wide receiver!!!!! I hope we get him!!!! Hook em!!!!!" 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5
  • Rage+1 2

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Yes, but every wolf is at the door on that one.

This actually reminds me of another thing. Texas is now having its coat ridden on evaluations. We are basically against all enemies at this point.

Imagine that.. complete 180..

#HookEm

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Yes, but every wolf is at the door on that one.

This actually reminds me of another thing. Texas is now having its coat ridden on evaluations. We are basically against all enemies at this point.

Our enemies are scared now.  I love it.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

It's a beating. 

"I think Dakorien Moore is a good prospect!!!! At wide receiver!!!!! I hope we get him!!!! Hook em!!!!!" 

I have a friend like this. He always texts recruiting "news" to a group text about 2 days after the rest of us heard it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

I have a friend like this. He always texts recruiting "news" to a group text about 2 days after the rest of us heard it.

During the 2022 recruiting season, one of our recruiting group added a guy to the text chain either by accident, or to give him a chance to participate. He made one stupid text, got destroyed in about ten seconds and then unanimously banned from all future recruiting discussions.

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

During the 2022 recruiting season, one of our recruiting group added a guy to the text chain either by accident, or to give him a chance to participate. He made one stupid text, got destroyed in about ten seconds and then unanimously banned from all future recruiting discussions.

Carl?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Everyone has one of those. It gets awkward in a hurry. 

"Hey guys I just saw that Arch is transferring?? Is this true??" 

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Yeah, that really hurt my feelings.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

I honestly didn't think you and BillFromLakeTravis would have been running in similar circles. 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Gerry posted his best class scenario for the week. The link is below. OTF is producing great content. The posters there remind me of the nightmares I encountered on 247 back in the day. Guys posting using their actual names, people making 4-6 consecutive posts as whatever mental diarrhea pours out of their head and onto their keyboard, posters getting really, really sensitive if your tone with them isn't boy scout level straight, and then just dumb concepts posted and debated repeatedly. So, caveat emptor if you follow the link.

https://ontexasfootball.com/forums/topic/895-texas-2025-best-class-scenario-march-5-edition/#comment-9942

-I find it interesting that he leaves Faheem Delane out but includes a number of high end OOS guys otherwise. 

-He clearly thinks the shot is more than there to land Moore or he wouldn't be hammering him in the comments as a viable, difference-making target.

-People simply cannot wrap their head around Texas not really pursuing the giant clubfoot at Desoto. There is a juvenile understanding of what elite OLs look like, so the default is "that guy is huge! he must be awesome!"

-Davison, Moore, Ffrench, ZWilliams, Shanklin, Brew and JWilliams will all be serious NIL recruitments, to say nothing of the potential for that in a number of other spots. If one of the other schools in any of those goes nuts, it's unlikely that Texas lands them. That's important to remember in the context of who has a robust NIL set-up, like Ohio State or Oregon, versus those who do not, like OU and LSU. If LSU decides they have to have Moore, they're unlikely to land some other guys. And they have to deliver in uncomfortable ways already to sign Underwood. OU can't just toss ridiculous dough at JWilliams without facing real consequences everywhere else. Meanwhile, Texas and OSU likely are likely not interested in a bidding war on anyone, because they'll just hurt each other and strengthen the rest of the field. The Davison recruitment is probably more informative there than the Brew recruitment. OSU already has 2 5 star DBs in the class, so they'd be idiots to try and spike things on Brew.

im surprised Shanklin is the edge he has us taken in the best case. Really thought I was hearing good things with Woodfork out of SummerCreek and Morgan from SOC but still Shanklin is very good and this is a solid class. , I know things will change once visits are taken though also I think we have a better O-Line haul just my opinion 

Edited by D3zii

1 hour ago, D3zii said:

im surprised Shanklin is the edge he has us taken in the best case. Really thought I was hearing good things with Woodfork out of SummerCreek and Morgan from SOC but still Shanklin is very good and this is a solid class. , I know things will change once visits are taken though also I think we have a better O-Line haul just my opinion 

I think the implication is that the staff thinks Shanklin is better than them