Saturday, January 29th, 2022- Rick Barnes returns. Texas hosts Tennessee

shadow_operative

1 minute ago, BrazilHorn said:

Boy the refs tried to give Barnes this W. Talk about some ticky tack shit called on Texas. 
Good win. Way to hang tough. On to Tech. 

They didn’t want Barnes to lose by 20+ . Shouldn’t have been that close especially if you make your free throws. 

Yikes, I thought it was over when we were up by a gazillion with less than 10 to go. In the end this became a tournament like game with the Horns holding on to a 1 pt win. We missed our last 4 free throws to make this a super-dramatic Tevas and Barnes style game. Nice to be on the winning side. Good game Tenn and hook'em for our maybe first win over a ranked team this year.

Edited by VaLonghorn99
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, SDG said:

We deserved all of it.  What are you talking about?

3 minutes ago, XForce said:

Pussy. 

Jesus fuckin christ i forgot this is the internet where evrything is taken literally. You cant just say something and people get the damn jist. Yes, it was enthralling to win. It was not fun blowing a huge lead by playing shitty.

Just now, TexArcher said:

I'm honestly just hoping we come out of that game with no one hurt or suspended.  And we're gonna get cornholed by the refs.

yeah.  at Lubbock was chalked up as a loss already. Tech being pretty damn good means it won't hurt us that much.

Refs called bullshit around the rim offensive foul, travel, offensive charge, 10 second cross court violation and a tie up. I'm surprised Texas didn't get the 3 second lane violation because why not? Every one of them was debatable.  If you're going to call them, call them both sides.  We saw a bunch of reaches and bumps by Tennessee go no called.  I get tired of refs inserting themselves into games.

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Holy shit… that was unnecessarily close. I just want to say, thank you, Coach Barnes! What a fun-fucking day! Dude was all class and deserved better than the way it went down. So glad we honored him the way way we did and showed the gratitude and appreciation he deserves. 

It’s going to be funny on Tuesday to see how that bitchass fanbase acts. 

• Hook 'Em 6

1 minute ago, Pam Cummings said:

Jesus fuckin christ i forgot this is the internet where evrything is taken literally. You cant just say something and people get the damn jist. Yes, it was enthralling to win. It was not fun blowing a huge lead by playing shitty.

You can, but you seem like a pussy.  

Nobody cares; did you watch the game?  That’s it.   

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Yeah GFY. 
Up by 17 against the #18 team with 10 minutes left. Don’t backpedal on them not deserving to win. Tennessee  got calls, they hit shots and came back. Texas played solid defense the entire game, held them to 51.  Deserving in my eyes stop having battered fan syndrome  and enjoy this shit. 
An L is coming up fast. 

• Hook 'Em 1

What a great 2nd half until the last few minutes. Was great seeing Barnes back in the FEC one last time.

Bailey used to live with his parents directly across the street from my ex MIL. Met him a couple of times he seemed like a good kid. I was shocked he's still playing college ball and had no idea he left Oregon.