Saturday, January 29th, 2022- Rick Barnes returns. Texas hosts Tennessee

shadow_operative

1 minute ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Up by 17 points against a ranked opponent led by a former coach ... and 90 percent of the posts seem to be critical of the team.

Fuck me, some of y'all need to swim in a pool of lemon juice after first jumping in a blender.

Honestly, it's unbelievable to me. Texas was ahead in the first half and decided to post sarcastically just so I'd fit in with the negativity.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

Just...no. That's an absolutely horrible comparison. 

You realize TJ was the national player of the year, right? And that's just the short version.

When people say this guy reminds me of so and so, who perhaps was a hall of famer, doean't mean this other guy will be as well. I meant Askew can play a similar role like TJ who wasn't a good scorer but very good at distributing.

2 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Up by 17 points against a ranked opponent led by a former coach ... and 90 percent of the posts seem to be critical of the team.

Fuck me, some of y'all need to swim in a pool of lemon juice after first jumping in a blender.

To be fair, we did play pretty poorly for long stretches in the first half.

But yeah, this second half is tits.  Big, flapjack, silver dollar nipple titties.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, UTEE97 said:

When people say this guy reminds me of so and so, who perhaps was a hall of famer, doean't mean this other guy will be as well. I meant Askew can play a similar role like TJ who wasn't a good scorer but very good at distributing.

So you're doubling down? 

He absolutely cannot play a similar role. Ever. His sophomore season TJ averaged 15 ppg, right at 6 free throws per game, and 7.7 assists per game. Plus 2 steals and almost 4 rebounds. TJ was quicker than Askew. He could blow by any defender any time he wanted. He had better court vision. He was a more disruptive defender. He could rebound. 

It's a terrible fucking comparison. There is nothing about Askew's game that is remotely similar to TJ's. 

And I like Askew.