Saturday, January 29th, 2022- Rick Barnes returns. Texas hosts Tennessee

shadow_operative

17 hours ago, justhookit said:

I was at both of those in person and also at the Final 4 in New Orleans the week after San Antonio but the Rose Bowl was the pinnacle and it’s not real close. I say that as a bigger basketball fan than football fan and as the son of a Texas basketball player. He played in the 60’s and was at all the above games with me and he would even agree.

I was at all 3 as well. No disagreement that people justifiably say wining a national championship trumps going to the Final Four. 

Football is the crown sports at Texas and it had won national championships. It was expected that it would win another at some point.

No one really envisioned Texas sniffing a Final Four until Ford came around and the program got over that hump against Michigan State. It was and is all about expectations in that respect.  

Everyone has their favorite moment.  There is no wrong answer.  It's all about the context, expectations and so much more.  

• Hook 'Em 2