Texas -10.5 over Maryland

bschoolprof

4 minutes ago, joeycovers said:

Its likely Georgia could go the entire regular season and only face one ranked team (Auburn).  Where they will then face Bama with a chance at the CFP. Unreal. 

It looks like Georgia took a page from the briles book on how to schedule OOC opponents.  However I doubt Baylor would ever schedule anyone as tough as UMass.  Not on purpose anyway.

I remember last year there was some CFB writer who was all over Maryland +18. He was going on and on about "run, don't walk, to your bookie". He even called that Maryland might win the game outright.

At the time, I thought he was a giant fucking idiot.

Whoops.

19 hours ago, Machinator said:

Looking elsewhere...

OU -23 over FAU

Bama -28.5 over Louisville

West Virginia -7 over Tenn

Auburn -1.5 over Washington

Notre Dame -2 over Michigan

Miami -3 over LSU

Florida State -6.5 over Virginia Tech

Hmm. What do y'all think of this?

edit: Referring to WVA -7 vs Tenn. Is that a home game for WVA?

Edited by High Plains Drifter

44 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

maryland preview.  Looks like the 3 QBs return.  IIRC Pigrome started vs. Texas , got hurt , then true FR Kaysim Hill (not Taysom Hill) still performed well to win it. 

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/maryland-terrapins-2018-spring-football-preview

It’s been a decade plus since we’ve been able to defeat a back up QB 

19 hours ago, Lobo said:

If their QB depth chart is in order and healthy, we beat them by 21.  If somebody is a little bit hobbled (a la BYU or UMD last year or any number of KSU teams)...they beat us by two touchdowns.  I could actually see this as a true neutral site game.  50% Maryland, 40% Texas, 10% homeless people from DuPont Circle who wander onto the Blue Line.  

DuPont Circle is the Red line... but the dude in front of the subway agrees.

Guest Lobo

My bad.  But the blue line takes you out to Landover, right?  

Bold prediction, the game will be at 3:30-EDT.  Which will make it tough to get to the Nats game that night.  But Cardinals play there on Labor Day afternoon.  

1 hour ago, Sgt Hulk said:

It’s been a decade plus since we’ve been able to defeat a back up QB 

See UCLA game with Newweasel’s kid. Unreal. 

Just read that preview for Maryland. They’ve a walk-on QB named Legend Brumbraugh. If he comes in we are doomed. 

Edited by BrazilHorn

Guess y'all didn't get the SECSECSEC scheduling memo?

UGA, like the rest, only play eight SEC games - the entire conference hits on four schlubs (or at least three and a quarter) every season and raises the whole conference's winning percentage by a smooth eight and 2/3.

Had to bet, I'd guess the quarter schlub on UGA's dance card would be GaTech.

1 hour ago, Tex Long said:

Guess y'all didn't get the SECSECSEC scheduling memo?

UGA, like the rest, only play eight SEC games - the entire conference hits on four schlubs (or at least three and a quarter) every season and raises the whole conference's winning percentage by a smooth eight and 2/3.

Had to bet, I'd guess the quarter schlub on UGA's dance card would be GaTech.

I'm not questioning your math and I know other conferences are guaranteed extra losses by playing an extra conference game per team, but can you show your work on this? I'd like to show this to an "SEC friend". Thanks

23 minutes ago, Greg Davis Apologist said:

I'm not questioning your math and I know other conferences are guaranteed extra losses by playing an extra conference game per team, but can you show your work on this? I'd like to show this to an "SEC friend". Thanks

You need to post more... do it Sydney Carton.

2 hours ago, Greg Davis Apologist said:

I'll never find it again but at one point maybe a year or two ago I saw an article that walked through that very calculation and the effect it had on over-inflating SEC team rankings. It's out there somewhere with all the calculations showing why SEC teams are overranked year over year. This goes largely ignored because Alabama does Alabama things. 

10 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

See UCLA game with Newweasel’s kid. Unreal. 

Just read that preview for Maryland. They’ve a walk-on QB named Legend Brumbraugh. If he comes in we are doomed. 

I have no fear of a walk-on named "Legend Brumbraugh".

Perhaps the new DBs/hybrid DB-LBs will change things, but in the past I would have had a HUGE fear of facing a walk-on name "Le'Jand Johnson". We just didn't have the discipline to stay home and defend against the cutback.

Edited by Napoleon

10 hours ago, Enchubben said:

I'll never find it again but at one point maybe a year or two ago I saw an article that walked through that very calculation and the effect it had on over-inflating SEC team rankings. It's out there somewhere with all the calculations showing why SEC teams are overranked year over year. This goes largely ignored because Alabama does Alabama things. 

What is even more ridiculous is how every SEC team plays a total patsy in mid November. 

7 hours ago, dcar00 said:

thats not how what works?  I'm saying if we roll Maryland by 20+ on the road we will run the table.

Ok I'll help you out. What would that have to do with conference play or even the condoms? You could make the argument that if we're undefeated after the ousux game that we run the table, but after the first game of the season is premature. 

I hadn't even realized this was being played at FedExField. 

Maryland only averaged about 39K in terms of attendance last year so no way they come close filling out 82K capacity. Maybe the opening game creates some buzz for Maryland fans, but seems like there will be a lot of empty seats or Texas fans. 

Edited by texasstrong12

1 hour ago, texasstrong12 said:

I hadn't even realized this was being played at FedExField. 

Maryland only averaged about 39K in terms of attendance last year so no way they come close filling out 82K capacity. Maybe the opening game creates some buzz for Maryland fans, but seems like there will be a lot of empty seats or Texas fans. 

They'll bring more than their average attendance and there's a strong Texas contingent in the Washington area. Should be really solid turnout. Hopefully it's a night game so the weather isn't hot and humid as balls

18 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

As if that's been rare over the last several years. Asshole. 

taysom-hill-hurdles-a-texas-defender-b.g

If you try to make a tackle like #44, and you're not the Punter or the Kicker, then you shouldn't see the field for several weeks.

What the fuck was that bitch thinking?

I would be fine with that gif being his future co-worker screensaver for the rest of his professional life.

What a fucking embarrassment! 

If you try to make a tackle like #44, and you're not the Punter or the Kicker, then you shouldn't see the field for several weeks.

What the fuck was that bitch thinking?

I would be fine with that gif being his future co-worker screensaver for the rest of his professional life.

What a fucking embarrassment! 

Dylan Haines... that is sort of his thing yo. Plus corch on the field and occasional interceptor of an errant ball thrown right at him.