Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

4 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Have they been using mail in voting the way it was expended in the last election ?  Unless I'm mistaken there are incidences of people not being able to vote in person because they were told a mail in ballot was sent to their place of residence, and they did not request one.

Having half the population not trusting the way we vote is not good whether they're correct or not.  Our voting should be transparent, and simple.  I don't have a problem with mail in voting in theory, but as a mass way of voting I think it has a greater possibility of a small group of people affecting a ballot box total much easier than in person voting.  

I want voting to be easy for every registered voter, but also easily verifiable that the person casting that ballot is who they say they are.  I am definitely in the camp of a national voter ID card that has the same veracity as our SS#'S.

WA state is all mail in voting since I believe 2011.  They send a ballot to every registered voter in the state is what I understand.  Are you saying that their elections have all been fraudulent since then?  If not, then why wouldn't this work in all other states?

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

Agreed.  Unfortunately there is one party that is responsible for this mistrust.  One party only.  Maybe they should stop lying?

And when W beat algore the democrats were hollering. It's an equal opportunity gripe depending on who is declared the winner.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

WA state is all mail in voting since I believe 2011.  They send a ballot to every registered voter in the state is what I understand.  Are you saying that their elections have all been fraudulent since then?  If not, then why wouldn't this work in all other states?

When did I say that ?  If they've been doing it, and sending every voter a ballot for years they've probably worked out many bugs that were not worked out in the states that just implemented the practice. 

Just now, Onboard 2.0 said:

And when W beat algore the democrats were hollering. It's an equal opportunity gripe depending on who is declared the winner.

You are not very intelligent, are you, or is this just you trolling?   Mentioning Al Gore has nothing to do with what you are talking about and that was in person election ballots that were being recounted because the election was so close in FL and there were a lot of irregularities with the vote.  I very familiar with what went on in that election as the Bush lawyers used a case about my father when they went before the Supreme Court to show that Katherine Harris had the right to stop the counting.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

Did they claim fraud from mail in voting?  I honestly don't recall, I was 18.

No I'm simply responding to your general comment that one party claims the vote wasn't correct/ lying.  There were for sure lots of loud shouts about W not really beating Gore (Hanging chads). So saying one party is guilty of claiming election fraud is simply not factually accurate.

What would really help half the country trust the way we vote is not having a sitting president lying out of his ass about voter fraud for years and half of our politicians being opportunistic cunts and echoing his lies for their advantage.

There'd be no "voter trust issue* if they didn't create it themselves.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Just now, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

You are not very intelligent, are you, or is this just you trolling?   Mentioning Al Gore has nothing to do with what you are talking about and that was in person election ballots that were being recounted because the election was so close in FL and there were a lot of irregularities with the vote.  I very familiar with what went on in that election as the Bush lawyers used a case about my father when they went before the Supreme Court to show that Katherine Harris had the right to stop the counting.  

Jesus always go to the BS insult when the truth starts turning in your face.  You have a nice day now.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Oh fuck you. Al Gore never once claimed fraud. He lost one state by a handful of votes. Not seven by millions.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Onboard 2.0 said:

Jesus always go to the BS insult when the truth starts turning in your face.  You have a nice day now.

I insulted you because you appear to be an idiot.  I am glad to know the insult worked as that is what its purpose was.  You still haven't stated one iota of truth.  Maybe step away from your Republican talking points and state facts.  You claim mail in voting is ripe with voter fraud, yet you show zero examples of that.  I gave you an example of a state doing all mail in voting with zero fraud, and you now run away.  In the words of Willy Wonka.  Good day sir.

• Hook 'Em 2

34 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Agreed.  Unfortunately there is one party that is responsible for this mistrust.  One party only.  Maybe they should stop lying?

“There was a widespread understanding that this election [in 2016] was not on the level,” Clinton said during an interview for the latest episode of The Atlantic’s politics podcast, The Ticket. “We still don’t know what really happened.”

“There’s just a lot that I think will be revealed. History will discover,” the Democratic Party’s 2016 presidential nominee continued. “But you don’t win by 3 million votes and have all this other shenanigans and stuff going on and not come away with an idea like, ‘Whoa, something’s not right here.’ That was a deep sense of unease.”

In August, Clinton said Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden should not concede the upcoming November election “under any circumstances” because she believes “this is going to drag out, and eventually I do believe he will win if we don’t give an inch, and if we are as focused and relentless as the other side is.”

https://www.yahoo.com/now/hillary-clinton-maintains-2016-election-160716779.html

Hillary Clinton dismissed President Trump as an “illegitimate president” and suggested that “he knows” that he stole the 2016 presidential election in a CBS News interview to be aired Sunday.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/hillary-clinton-trump-is-an-illegitimate-president/2019/09/26/29195d5a-e099-11e9-b199-f638bf2c340f_story.html

Hillary Clinton says she has been telling candidates seeking the 2020 Democratic nomination that even if they run a perfect campaign, the election could be "stolen" from them, implying that was what befell her in 2016. 

Clinton said Saturday that she has been pouring over special counsel Robert Mueller's 448-page report on the Russian government's "sweeping and systematic" interference in the 2016 election and that she fears the same tactics will be "alive and well" in 2020. 

"You can run the best campaign, you can even become the nominee, and you can have the election stolen from you," she said to cheers on the Los Angeles stop of her "Evening with the Clintons" tour with her husband, former President Bill Clinton. 

During the tour's stop Friday in Seattle, Clinton pointed to FBI Director Christopher Wray's warning last month that Russia continues to pose a "very significant counterintelligence threat" and that efforts to influence U.S. elections with "social media, fake news" and "propaganda" has "continued pretty much unabated." 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2019/05/06/hillary-clinton-warns-2020-democratic-candidates-stolen-election/1116477001/

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

i think onboard is making a better point than y'all do, but i will say that the primary difference is that the mueller report came out, indicated coordinated russian interference, and people were indicted for it, versus the present case where it is just manufactured talking points with no factual underpinning.

1 minute ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

i think onboard is making a better point than y'all do, but i will say that the primary difference is that the mueller report came out, indicated coordinated russian interference, and people were indicted for it, versus the present case where it is just manufactured talking points with no factual underpinning.

Also, alleging election interference (like, I don't know, hacked voter rolls) isn't in the same ballpark as alleging widespread fraud in the count itself.

Plus, it's one bitter lady vs. an entire political party at federal and state levels.

But they know this, and they don't care. Any misstep by the left justifies anything they need it to in the moment.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Having half the population not trusting the way we vote is not good whether they're correct or not.

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

58 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

What would really help half the country trust the way we vote is not having a sitting president lying out of his ass about voter fraud for years and half of our politicians being opportunistic cunts and echoing his lies for their advantage.

There'd be no "voter trust issue* if they didn't create it themselves.

This sequence.  Trump and his captive media outlets have relentlessly sold a lie intended to convince half the country that our election process is rife with fraud.

It is a lie.  Promulgated for a dishonest purpose, creating a "voter trust" issue out of thin air, which is then used as an excuse to restrict voting access, which just so happens to 1) be an admitted goal and plan for that party, and 2) is going 100% according to their stated and admitted plan.

If you don't see that the fake "voter trust" issue was manufactured to give the GQP an excuse to restrict voting access because they think that will give them an electoral advantage, you have been purposefully ignoring what the GQP itself has repeatedly said about its plans and goals.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 1

13 hours ago, Anastasis said:

If I can submit my taxes, do all my banking, and basically every important financial and legal transaction via the internet, we should be able to figure out voting. 

In the same way that you laugh when people post things about the Healthcare system that you know are just crazily wrong, have you ever seen anyone who actually knows anything about cybersecurity who thinks that this is a remotely good idea? Whether public sector, SMB, or enterprise, cybersecurity is a fucking dumpster fire. How many time have you gotten a fraud notification about a credit cards company, arguably one of the industries that should be strongest in security?

• Hook 'Em 6

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

the problem with that example is that, if you bothered counting all the votes (that is, state wide rather than subsets of counties), regardless of which standard you applied to try to determine voter intent, gore won. 

so while that does go to mean that the election machinery itself wasn't trustworthy (which means it should be, and it has been, improved), it wasn't baseless griping and then using that baseless griping to throw up additional hurdles to voting. 

Edited by elfenix
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Huh, noticed that 4whores negged me for daring to point out that the GQP has openly admitted that voter suppression is their goal.  Guess the truth is super-painful to people who traffic in lies.

In a hearing on Tuesday, Justice Amy Coney Barrett asked why the Arizona Republican Party was involved in trying to reinstate the law.

“What’s the interest of the Arizona RNC in keeping, say, the out-of-precinct ballot disqualification rules on the books?" she asked.

“Because it puts us at a competitive disadvantage relative to Democrats,” replied attorney Michael Carvin, who is representing the Arizona Republican Party. “Politics is a zero-sum game. 

There is little that is ambiguous or implied in that dare. It is, as lawyers say, open and notorious. Republican officials repeatedly concede that, in the words of South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham, “”If Republicans don’t challenge and change the US election system, there will never be another Republican president elected again.”

In September 2012, on the eve of President Barack Obama’s reelection, Metcalfe tried to defend the dubious voter identification law he had sponsored by explaining that “a lot of people out there … are too lazy to get up and get out there and get the ID they need.” He was roundly criticized. So was Rep. Mike Turzai, then state house majority leader, who gleefully predicted that the state’s voter suppression efforts would give Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney Pennsylvania’s electoral votes.

Also in Wisconsin, Todd Allbaugh, 46, a staff aide to a Republican state legislator, attributed his decision to quit his job in 2015 and leave the party to what he witnessed at a Republican caucus meeting. He wrote on Facebook:

I was in the closed Senate Republican Caucus when the final round of multiple Voter ID bills were being discussed. A handful of the GOP Senators were giddy about the ramifications and literally singled out the prospects of suppressing minority and college voters. Think about that for a minute. Elected officials planning and happy to help deny a fellow American’s constitutional right to vote in order to increase their own chances to hang onto power.

In Pennsylvania, the state Republican Party chairman, Robert Gleason, told an interviewer that the state’s voter ID law “had helped a bit” in lowering President Obama’s margin of victory over the Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney in the state in 2012.

Don Yelton, a North Carolina Republican Party county precinct chairman, told an interviewer for Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show” in 2013 that the state’s voter ID law would “kick the Democrats in the butt.” 

In Florida, both the state’s former Republican Party chairman, Jim Greer, and its former Republican governor, Charlie Crist, told The Palm Beach Post in 2012 that the state’s voter ID law was devised to suppress Democratic votes. Mr. Greer told The Post: “The Republican Party, the strategists, the consultants, they firmly believe that early voting is bad for Republican Party candidates. It’s done for one reason and one reason only,” he said. Consultants told him “we’ve got to cut down on early voting because early voting is not good for us,” he said.

He added, “They never came in to see me and tell me we had a fraud issue. It’s all a marketing ploy.”

In July 2016, a federal appeals court struck down several portions of a 2013 North Carolina elections law that included a voter ID mandate, saying GOP lawmakers had written them with "almost surgical precision" to discourage voting by Black voters, who tend to support Democrats.

In a private meeting last month with big-money donors, the head of a top conservative group boasted that her outfit had crafted the new voter suppression law in Georgia and was doing the same with similar bills for Republican state legislators across the country. “In some cases, we actually draft them for them,” she said, “or we have a sentinel on our behalf give them the model legislation so it has that grassroots, from-the-bottom-up type of vibe.”

The Georgia law had “eight key provisions that Heritage recommended,” Jessica Anderson, the executive director of Heritage Action for America, a sister organization of the Heritage Foundation, told the foundation’s donors at an April 22 gathering in Tucson, in a recording obtained by the watchdog group Documented and shared with Mother Jones. Those included policies severely restricting mail ballot drop boxes, preventing election officials from sending absentee ballot request forms to voters, making it easier for partisan workers to monitor the polls, preventing the collection of mail ballots, and restricting the ability of counties to accept donations from nonprofit groups seeking to aid in election administration.

None of this is a secret.  They are fucking PROUD of it.  It's all bullshit -- an admitted "marketing ploy" to give them an excuse to restrict the right to vote.  It's not any more complicated than that.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, elfenix said:

the problem with that example is that, if you bothered counting all the votes (that is, state wide rather than subsets of counties), regardless of which standard you applied to try to determine voter intent, gore won. 

so while that does go to mean that the election machinery itself wasn't trustworthy (which means it should be, and it has been, improved), it wasn't baseless griping and then using that baseless griping to throw up additional hurdles to voting. 

Can you please cite sources for this claim?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

Can you please cite sources for this claim?

https://theintercept.com/2018/11/10/democrats-should-remember-al-gore-won-florida-in-2000-but-lost-the-presidency-with-a-preemptive-surrender/

as the article goes on to point out, even though florida had massive problems with how it balloted/recorded, tabulated, and then recounted votes, gore didn't want to cause a constitutional crisis or burn the system down, so had everyone stand down and move on. 

Edited by elfenix
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, elfenix said:

https://theintercept.com/2018/11/10/democrats-should-remember-al-gore-won-florida-in-2000-but-lost-the-presidency-with-a-preemptive-surrender/

as the article goes on to point out, even though florida had massive problems with how it balloted/recorded, tabulated, and then recounted votes, gore didn't want to cause a constitutional crisis or burn the system down, so had everyone stand down and move on. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Fuck You 5

9 minutes ago, 4doorsMoreWhores said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

yeah it's absolutely hilarious that the ability to determine who someone votes for, record that vote, then count it accurately was so piss poor in the year 2000 in floriduh that the wrong guy was inaugurated on january 20, 2001, dooming thousands of americans to die in a sandy wasteland far from home. 

• Fuck You 1

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon