Wordle [spoilers inevitable but discouraged]

Prepuce of Doom

1 hour ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Got it in four today. Think I'm out. But I also think there's something to be said about one puzzle a day instead of unlimited. At first I was annoyed as I wanted to do more. For about two weeks, I've enjoyed having something each morning.

Hide contents

So are the words chosen at random you think? Or are there some weird undertones? Couple of them seem to have double meanings if you're a 12 year old boy.

The one puzzle a day is what keeps it going. Knowing that you’re playing against your wife, or sister, and the rest of the world, everyone working the same word on the same day, creates a draw that just isn’t present with an app or website in which you can do as many puzzles in a row as you can stomach. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, nnm said:

The one puzzle a day is what keeps it going. Knowing that you’re playing against your wife, or sister, and the rest of the world, everyone working the same word on the same day, creates a draw that just isn’t present with an app or website in which you can do as many puzzles in a row as you can stomach. 

Oh, I haven't been playing against anyone. 

35 minutes ago, deadshank said:

Quit while you're ahead.  Always a good struhteejery.

Yeah.  From here on it'd be downhill and frustration.  Nothing better than being a dilettante!

(but I kinda like the game, not really different from crosswords, of which I'm a huge enthusiast, and have done one a day for the past 20 years).

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Yeah, there seems to be a trend. Helped me get it in 3.

Wordle 223 3/6*

🟨🟨
🟨🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 223 6/6

🟨🟨
🟨
🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler

Ok, so we've had PRICK, MOUNT, PERKY

Is PUMPS next? What about RIGID? SAGGY? Feel like I could improve my scores just by putting my mind in the gutter.

Wordle 223 3/6

🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler

Going double entendre now with these cheeky Brits, but it worked!

PENIS

PEARL

XXXXX

Edited by slorch

Just now, Hammerin Hank said:

Wordle 223 6/6

🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

That looks frustrating.

3 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Wordle 223 4/6

🟩
🟨
🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yeah, Daniel Wordle is shaping up to be some kind of low-key juvenile pervert, and I'm all for it. 

Yeah, if MOTORBOAT were just five letters, it would definitely be in there.

Let’s catalog the feedback for all 6 finishes. When solving the puzzle in 3 guesses, it says “splendid.” In 4, if memory serves, it says “impressive.” Already knowing the answer, I just played on a different browser and solving it one guess returned “genius” which really isn’t accurate because that could only be explained by cheating or just dumb luck.

Wordle 223 1/6

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

What does it say when solving the puzzle in 2, 5, or 6 guesses? For that matter, what does it say when failing to solve the puzzle at all?

I could probably delete my cookies and test that all for myself. I’m not sure if I could repeat today’s puzzle if I did that but I probably could. That’s how it stores past results. These were my stats before the last time I deleted my cookies:

B72BF414-DDCA-4DA9-B7DF-38AA31293259.thumb.png.a892c37d23d271e165060140320649f0.png

And here’s what it looks like since (spoilered so as not to give any clues on letters guessed today):

Spoiler

EB63385E-8F66-492D-9736-3A3C22EB4732.thumb.jpeg.2e08c697862ff9e340174117d2ec9006.jpeg

Edited by WhatTheBuck

36 minutes ago, BearMace said:

Wordle 223 3/6

🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Lucky first guess. Probably could have had it in two but I almost jokingly hit enter on my second thinking it wouldn't be a word. 

Ha, did that on my third guess too.  Whoops.