Wordle [spoilers inevitable but discouraged]

Prepuce of Doom

11 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I always start with a different 5 letter word.  Literally the first one that pops in my head.  I don't think I've repeated a starting word in 3 or 4 days. 

Sometimes I get boned (Mon/Tues were not good days as I didn't solve it) and sometimes it works. 

Might need to do that, but have a mental block about not doing an optimal strategy. Same thing about just putting a limit of four guesses on it. Just can't do it since it's not a real limit.

I can see how the game would get boring if you are using the same starting words every time.  Part of the fun for me is coming up with new first guesses that fit a certain pattern and then coming up with follow on guesses that always use the information revealed by previous guesses.   The brute force method of choosing words just to eliminate/identify letters will always work, but isn’t as much fun to me.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Guadaloopy said:

I can see how the game would get boring if you are using the same starting words every time.  Part of the fun for me is coming up with new first guesses that fit a certain pattern and then coming up with follow on guesses that always use the information revealed by previous guesses.   The brute force method of choosing words just to eliminate/identify letters will always work, but isn’t as much fun to me.  

I am sort of coming around to this point of view, but when I stay at the NARDS MOTEL, my aim is to then get it in the third try. I haven't been all that successful, in part because of the frequent "okay, so maybe there's an I or a U or a sometimesY" uncertainty that often results, but I find it fun when those two give me enough to work with, and less so when I have to give up and begrudgingly take a third broadside attempt. 

6 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

I am sort of coming around to this point of view, but when I stay at the NARDS MOTEL, my aim is to then get it in the third try. I haven't been all that successful, in part because of the frequent "okay, so maybe there's an I or a U or a sometimesY" uncertainty that often results, but I find it fun when those two give me enough to work with, and less so when I have to give up and begrudgingly take a third broadside attempt. 

Do you even IDEAL, POUTY, bro?

On 1/17/2022 at 11:41 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

Do we think people will still be playing the game two weeks from now?

4 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Starting to reach my fill of Wordle. It's fun, but between starting with the same word each day and always completing the word each day (I figure my average is around 4.1 tries), it's become a bit of a formula. I figure I've got another week until I'm over it. 

Wordle’s 15 minutes might be about up?

4 hours ago, nnm said:

Thanks for posting this. 

I'd disagree with the scoring rubric that the author settled on, however. Needs better weighting - 10/5/1/0 (or something that places a higher value on a green letter versus a black). 

Screenshot_20220126-184704_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AeroHorn said:

easy word with multiple possibilities

Wordle 222 4/6

🟨🟨
🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Those one letter coin flip guesses bother me, but similar pattern for me today. 

Wordle 222 4/6

🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Edited by USCATX

Got it in four today. Think I'm out. But I also think there's something to be said about one puzzle a day instead of unlimited. At first I was annoyed as I wanted to do more. For about two weeks, I've enjoyed having something each morning.

Spoiler

So are the words chosen at random you think? Or are there some weird undertones? Couple of them seem to have double meanings if you're a 12 year old boy.

29 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

Played for the first and only time yesterday.  Got it on the 3rd try (sorry, didn't copy my little Rubik's Cube of squares).

Decided I probably won't do much better so I'll stop playing for good now.  Fun while it lasted.

Quit while you're ahead.  Always a good struhteejery.