Wordle [spoilers inevitable but discouraged]

Prepuce of Doom

Y'all ever have it where it won't let you enter all of the letters from the virtual keyboard?

I close the ap and then reopen, only for it to have different letters I cannot access.  Must have had crumbs fall between the keys or something...

Four leaves me unsatisfied.  Three of fewer, I feel smart or like I caught a nice stroke of luck.  Five or more, I feel like I pulled something out but still managed to win.  Four leaves me feeling cold.

Wordle 226 4/6

🟨🟨
🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler

Finally, a nice, straightforward noun. 

Wordle 226 3/6

🟩🟨

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

My first guess doesn't seem great but it was actually super productive. The vowels and consonants I eliminated in the first two words were more helpful than the letters I got in the second guess.

13 minutes ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

Wordle 226 5/6*

🟨🟨
🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I feel like my pattern of lots of greens on the end but missing the first letter will be a common one today. 

Yep. I had the same experience. And picking one letter over another is just a crapshoot. It’s not a brain teaser. There’s no way to deduce the right answer. It’s practically a coin flip. 

37 minutes ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

Wordle 226 5/6*

🟨🟨
🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I feel like my pattern of lots of greens on the end but missing the first letter will be a common one today. 

I think there are seven possibilities. 

2 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Well no, but I’m not sure how you would deduce that from that one post. 

I actually had the exact same pattern a week or so ago. Not going to search back for it. On that day, same as you today, I had the last 4 letters and because it was a common letter pattern, went through 3 or 4 wrong words before I pulled it out at the end. 

11 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Sheesh

Wordle 226 5/6

🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

My wife had this same pattern and insists that I only got in three by pure luck. 

Wordle 226 3/6

🟨
🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

3 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

My wife had this same pattern and insists that I only got in three by pure luck. 

Wordle 226 3/6

🟨
🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Is it your fault that an incandescent bulb popped on over your head?

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m starting to think easy mode might be more fun than hard mode. Too often hard mode just turns into pure luck. There’s no reason to prefer one word over another. Easy mode seems like you can use different techniques in your second word (or later) that requires some good thinking that you’re not able to do in hard mode.  

edit: todays is a good example of one that would have been more fun on easy. If you figure out the ending quick, you can come up with good words for all the options of the first letter. 

Edited by OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys

2 hours ago, nnm said:

I actually had the exact same pattern a week or so ago. Not going to search back for it. On that day, same as you today, I had the last 4 letters and because it was a common letter pattern, went through 3 or 4 wrong words before I pulled it out at the end. 

Today’s word has seven variations with only the first letter being different. It’s blind luck as to when you guess the right one. 

i've been playing regularly but not posting results b/c it's nothing impressive (mostly 4s)...until today. 

Wordle 226 2/6

🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

boom 😄

haha...so i actually had a strategy on this one. i hit the vowel (and eliminated two others) on the first try...from there it was two questions: 1) what combination of letters (that i haven't used yet) uses just this one vowel pretty frequently? and 2) what's the most common letter for the start of that string of letters?