Wordle [spoilers inevitable but discouraged]

Prepuce of Doom

5 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Today it felt like I had the ball on the six inch line and the QB sneak kept getting stuffed.

Wordle 232 6/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟨🟩⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Β 

Β  Hide contents

TrainΒ 

Slime

Still

Shill

Swill

Β 

Almost the same as you, although two different starting words. By try 5 I was thinking about whether or not it was possible to go 0 for the last 4.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Today it felt like I had the ball on the six inch line and the QB sneak kept getting stuffed.

Wordle 232 6/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟨🟩⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Β 

Β  Reveal hidden contents

TrainΒ 

Slime

Still

Shill

Swill

Β 

Yes, this was my problem too.Β 
Β 

Wordle 232 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler

3950BF9F-0F58-46C6-8DF0-468932AF9112.thumb.jpeg.b6c34d8fcab6c2247fbdce09102167f6.jpeg

(That is the opener from @NeverMarryAStripper that I use occasionally)

Β 

• Hook 'Em 1

Wordle 232 4/6

β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨
🟨🟨🟨🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Β 

Spoiler

Treks

flask

kills

Β 

first word should have put me off the last word Β 

Β 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

At the buzzer, phewΒ 

Wordle 232 6/6

β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›
πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›
πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I did something I have never done before.Β  In a spasm, I thought "finish" would be revealing, didn't notice six letters.Β  Typed in FINIS, and hit return.Β  It took it. I'm still half asleep.

Mission accomplished I guess with the similar word, but I was a little shocked that it "took it."Β  Normally, you typo a word or put in a six letter that doesn't fit, and it won't take it.

I doubt that a French word would be the answer, but I was surprised that "finis" would be in the vocab list.

Edited by TwiceHorn

49 minutes ago, nnm said:

Yes, this was my problem too.Β 
Β 

Wordle 232 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Β  Reveal hidden contents

3950BF9F-0F58-46C6-8DF0-468932AF9112.thumb.jpeg.b6c34d8fcab6c2247fbdce09102167f6.jpeg

(That is the opener from @NeverMarryAStripper that I use occasionally)

Β 

Same, same. Β 
Β 

Wordle 232 6/6

🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Getting tired of the game. If I found more to do to keep myself busy then I’d probably forget to play it entirely. I’ve wasted some answers recently trying to be clever. That’s not the best approach to solving the puzzle in the fewest answers. At least not recently. Maybe that will change in the future. Maybe, say, β€œpuppy” will be the solution one day. Will that make the game more or less fun? Maybe you’ll accidentally guess that correctly in two tries. Maybe you wasted a dozen guesses trying to be clever in the past 12 days. Who’s keeping score anyway? And who really cares?

Wordle 232 3/6*

🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜⬜🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

5 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Getting tired of the game. If I found more to do to keep myself busy then I’d probably forget to play it entirely. I’ve wasted some answers recently trying to be clever. That’s not the best approach to solving the puzzle in the fewest answers. At least not recently. Maybe that will change in the future. Maybe, say, β€œpuppy” will be the solution one day. Will that make the game more or less fun? Maybe you’ll accidentally guess that correctly in two tries. Maybe you wasted a dozen guesses trying to be clever in the past 12 days. Who’s keeping score anyway? And who really cares?

Wordle 232 3/6*

🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜⬜🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

You've been tired of it the whole time!Β 

My first 6.

Wordle 232 6/6

β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©
πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 

• Hook 'Em 1

Wordle 232 6/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟨🟩⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

also my first 6 😝

altho...given how my guesses went i feel kind of like how i felt getting a C in astronomy at UT...like, that was way harder than i expected, whew! πŸ˜„

3 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

You've been tired of it the whole time!

Not really but I get how I may have come across that way. I’ve had some fun playing it but I don’t think it’s the greatest thing ever.Β I wondered aloud a couple weeks or so ago if we’d still be playing the game by now. I’ve pointed out that I think it’s a fad that won’t last long and questioned why anyone would pay millions of dollars to buyΒ it.

I’ve played Wordle Unlimited and solved longer puzzles up to 11-letters long. I’ve documented the feedback returned by Wordle depending on how many guesses it takes to solve the puzzle. In order to find out what it returns if it takes one, two, or six guesses to solve the puzzle, I had to cheat.

I’m running out of ways to find it challenging and I’m not sure it would be more fun if the solution to the puzzle were harder to guess. Lately I’ve wasted guesses trying to give it credit for being more difficult than it is. I recently wasted a guess on β€œcoyly.” I wasted a guess testing β€œsoare” which isn’t an actual word according to my dictionary, just according to Wordle. But at least I eliminated those letters (none of which, coincidentally, were part of that day’s solution.)

It’s not expanding my vocabulary. Nor is it improving my skills at deductive reasoning because once I know the last four letters are β€œight” then the solution is just up to chance. I may as well be drawing letters out of a hat. Whoopee!Β 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Not really but I get how I may have come across that way. I’ve had some fun playing it but I don’t think it’s the greatest thing ever.Β I wondered aloud a couple weeks or so ago if we’d still be playing the game by now. I’ve pointed out that I think it’s a fad that won’t last long and questioned why anyone would pay millions of dollars to buyΒ it.

I’ve played Wordle Unlimited and solved longer puzzles up to 11-letters long. I’ve documented the feedback returned by Wordle depending on how many guesses it takes to solve the puzzle. In order to find out what it returns if it takes one, two, or six guesses to solve the puzzle, I had to cheat.

I’m running out of ways to find it challenging and I’m not sure it would be more fun if the solution to the puzzle were harder to guess. Lately I’ve wasted guesses trying to give it credit for being more difficult than it is. I recently wasted a guess on β€œcoyly.” I wasted a guess testing β€œsoare” which isn’t an actual word according to my dictionary, just according to Wordle. But at least I eliminated those letters (none of which, coincidentally, were part of that day’s solution.)

It’s not expanding my vocabulary. Nor is it improving my skills at deductive reasoning because once I know the last four letters are β€œight” then the solution is just up to chance. I may as well be drawing letters out of a hat. Whoopee!Β 

It's a lot more fun if you play it like it was designed-- once a day, with five letters.Β  You've kind of plunged into the expanded Worldle universe and yeah-- there's not a lot to build off of.Β 

• Like 1

Wordle 233 5/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟩🟨
🟩🟨⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 233 6/6

β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨
πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨
πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 233 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟨⬜🟨
🟨🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟨🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟨⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Line 4 threw me for a loop.Β  Also, line 3 indicated to me for the first time that if a letter is not used twice, the second occurrence in a wrong guess is gray.

• Hook 'Em 1