Prepuce of Doom

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Wordle 233 6/6

🟨🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟨🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Line 4 threw me for a loop.  Also, line 3 indicated to me for the first time that if a letter is not used twice, the second occurrence in a wrong guess is gray.

When you strike out with the first guess it makes it a bitch.

1 hour ago, WBT said:

Wordle 234 5/6*

🟩🟩🟩

🟩🟩🟩

🟩🟩🟩

🟩🟩🟩

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 

🤬

Same here. Stinker today.

Wordle 234 4/6

🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

14 hours ago, Celery Man said:

I assume everyone is loading up their first word with vowels. If I come up total negative that actually really puts me ahead in comparison to maybe one yellow.

No. My son taught me a four-word opening sequence that makes it really easy.

Spoiler

I had been using a two-word sequence of “audio” and “strep” fairly well, but he learned somewhere that “jerky”, “camps”, “blown”, and “fight” are a great strategy that makes it hard to lose.

Tried a different approach today (bid adieu to my old starter word and went with chair) and it is in fact interesting to switch up the approach. Placing vowels and then filling in consonants is different than... this felt more like eliminating common letter combinations. Either way, got it in 4 rather than 5 which was pretty common with the old approach. I'll see if it trends.

58 minutes ago, AeroHorn said:

SIAP. People who like math (and associated physics/computer science) may already know about 3blue1brown on youtube, one of my favorite channels. Here, he tackles the best strategy for Wordle using information theory.

Dude must be on surly.  The fourth best starting word as ranked by his algorithm is “salet.”  TIL that salet is actually a type of helmet.   

• Haha 2