Wordle [spoilers inevitable but discouraged]

Prepuce of Doom

I have just been using the same link that I have always used and haven't yet experienced any visual or other indication that the NYT is involved. Mrs. Doom has seen it switch over somehow, but she hasn't been using the exact same link this whole time. 

So while I got today's word (sort of?) in five, I was complaining about how I couldn't think of any other words that ended with the last three letters beyond the one I guessed, which she thought was strange. 

It appears that she and I had a different word. I'll spoiler the rest. 

Spoiler

I gave up and googled "five letter words that end in 'ora'" because flora didn't work, and I knew that it couldn't be quora.

Pretty dodgy. 

image.thumb.png.d87b1ac6007893d95c648d2704adfb81.png

So just an FYI that something fishy is going on. 

3 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

I have just been using the same link that I have always used and haven't yet experienced any visual or other indication that the NYT is involved. Mrs. Doom has seen it switch over somehow, but she hasn't been using the exact same link this whole time. 

So while I got today's word (sort of?) in five, I was complaining about how I couldn't think of any other words that ended with the last three letters beyond the one I guessed, which she thought was strange. 

It appears that she and I had a different word. I'll spoiler the rest. 

Reveal hidden contents

I gave up and googled "five letter words that end in 'ora'" because flora didn't work, and I knew that it couldn't be quora.

Pretty dodgy. 

image.thumb.png.d87b1ac6007893d95c648d2704adfb81.png

So just an FYI that something fishy is going on. 

Forces are aligning against you.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

43 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

This was likely done intentionally in order to get people like me to stop using the original URL. 

I hope you are right.  

8 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Been doing this for a few weeks.  Took all 6 guesses yesterday.  Had to think about the last word for a few minutes before it came to me.  This may be a dumb question, but how do you post the screenshots with just the colored blocks?

Click the share button.  Scroll down to “copy” and press the copy button. The go to this thread and press paste. (If that is what you  meant with your question).

• Hook 'Em 1

Wordle 241 5/6

🟩🟨
🟨
🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

3 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

I hope you are right.  

Click the share button.  Scroll down to “copy” and press the copy button. The go to this thread and press paste. (If that is what you  meant with your question).

Thanks.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Looks like a pretty widespread problem. 

The NYT also removed a few vulgarities from the accepted word list. 

Well, the Surly crowd Just lost a couple of easy answers:

“Sure, the game plays the same, but the Times has not only removed rude words like “pussy” and “whore” from possible guesses, it’s also changed the game’s future solutions. And surely for a game all about guessing words this counts as a change to gameplay.”

4 hours ago, nnm said:

Well, the Surly crowd Just lost a couple of easy answers:

“Sure, the game plays the same, but the Times has not only removed rude words like “pussy” and “whore” from possible guesses, it’s also changed the game’s future solutions. And surely for a game all about guessing words this counts as a change to gameplay.”

I have left the tab open in my phone since I started playing and always refresh my browser to get the new word but somehow it directed me to the nytimes site a week ago or so.  I just assumed that the original site had been taken down.  Lame.

Wordle 242 5/6

🟨🟨
🟨
🟩🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟨🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

31 minutes ago, speed817 said:

Just happened to be taking care of business in the bathroom when I figured it out

I thought that was the only way to solve. 

• Haha 1

Wordle 242 4/6

🟩
🟨
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Googled and used the NYT link which allowed me to play the same game as everyone else (or so I would assume) but it did not import my cumulative stats. I anticipated this and took a screenshot yesterday. 

Screenshot_20220215-115526_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Prepuce of Doom

37 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Wordle 242 4/6

🟩
🟨
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Googled and used the NYT link which allowed me to play the same game as everyone else (or so I would assume) but it did not import my cumulative stats. I anticipated this and took a screenshot yesterday. 

Screenshot_20220215-115526_Chrome.jpg

I lost my statistical perfection 3 days ago.  I’m now 3/3.