Wordle [spoilers inevitable but discouraged]

Prepuce of Doom

Wordle 245 3/6

🟩
🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Something has changed since it went to NYT. I went from getting a little bored with it... stopped playing for a week or so and then saw it was sold.

Now I come back to it and all the words are weird with strange letter combinations. 

It seems like it went from a regular guy doing the word each day to some nerd in glasses who just tries to get you.

Edited by FirstTimeCaller

Daily Quordle #26
6️⃣7️⃣
3️⃣5️⃣
quordle.com
🟩 🟨
🟨🟨 🟩🟨
🟩 🟨🟨
🟨 🟨
🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

🟨🟨
🟩🟨🟩 🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

11 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Wordle 245 3/6

🟩
🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Something has changed since it went to NYT. I went from getting a little bored with it... stopped playing for a week or so and then saw it was sold.

Now I come back to it and all the words are weird with strange letter combinations. 

It seems like it went from a regular guy doing the word each day to some nerd in glasses who just tries to get you.

The words haven’t changed, the list is publicly available.

So I tried quordle for the first time

Daily Quordle #26
9️⃣8️⃣
4️⃣7️⃣
quordle.com
🟨 🟨🟨
🟨
🟩 🟩
🟩 🟨🟨
🟨
🟨 🟨
🟨
🟨 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

🟨🟩 🟨
🟨 🟨🟨🟨
🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

and the word in the upper left is ridiculous, especially when I’m still trying to figure out the game. 

18 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So I tried quordle for the first time

Daily Quordle #26
9️⃣8️⃣
4️⃣7️⃣
quordle.com
🟨🟨🟨
🟨
🟩🟩
🟩🟨🟨
🟨
🟨🟨
🟨
🟨🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

🟨🟩🟨
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

and the word in the upper left is ridiculous, especially when I’m still trying to figure out the game. 

Daily Quordle #26
3️⃣8️⃣
7️⃣6️⃣
quordle.com
🟩🟨 🟨
🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 🟨
🟨🟩🟨

🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

🟩🟨 🟨🟨
🟨
🟩 🟨
🟨 🟨
🟩 🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Daily Quordle #27
4️⃣8️⃣
6️⃣5️⃣
quordle.com
🟨🟨🟨 🟩
🟨🟨🟨
🟨🟨 🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 🟨
🟨🟨
🟩
🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

🟩 🟨🟨
🟨🟨
🟨 🟩🟩🟨
🟨 🟨🟩
🟨 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Daily Quordle #27
4️⃣5️⃣
7️⃣6️⃣
quordle.com
🟩🟨🟩 🟩🟨
🟨 🟨🟩
🟩🟨🟩🟩 🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

🟨🟨 🟨🟩
🟨 🟩🟨
🟨 🟨🟩
🟨 🟨🟩
🟩 🟨🟨
🟨 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Daily Quordle #27
6️⃣9️⃣
7️⃣5️⃣
quordle.com
🟨🟩🟨
🟨🟨
🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨
🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟨
🟩🟨🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟨
🟨🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Quordle is some fun shit. Thanks to whoever posted this! 

Edit - looks like we have @jofus to thank/blame! 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
  • Like 1

Daily Quordle #27
7️⃣4️⃣
6️⃣8️⃣
quordle.com
🟩🟨 🟩🟨
🟨 🟨🟨
🟨 🟩
🟨 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨
🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

🟩🟨 🟨🟨🟨
🟩 🟨
🟨🟩🟩 🟨🟨
🟩 🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩 🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 🟨
🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler

Bottom right quadrant was a bitch.  Had to step away for a few minutes and regroup.  Thankfully that helped me see things in the proper tone.

1 hour ago, conVINCEd said:

Daily Quordle #27
7️⃣4️⃣
6️⃣8️⃣
quordle.com

Hide contents

Bottom right quadrant was a bitch.  Had to step away for a few minutes and regroup.  Thankfully that helped me see things in the proper tone.

I found the top right the hardest and solved the bottom right first. 

I am pondering whether the "two starting word" strategy is as beneficial as in regular Wordle, and whether it might be better to use a single starting word instead and then focus on solving the quadrant with the best starting point. 

Hell, it may even be the optimal strategy to go with a three-word starting set just to have a better overall "average" starting point for all four puzzles. But that leaves you with only six more guesses, which seems like a pretty tight margin for error (or at least it seems that way to me based on playing it once...)

2 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

I found the top right the hardest and solved the bottom right first. 

I am pondering whether the "two starting word" strategy is as beneficial as in regular Wordle, and whether it might be better to use a single starting word instead and then focus on solving the quadrant with the best starting point. 

Hell, it may even be the optimal strategy to go with a three-word starting set just to have a better overall "average" starting point for all four puzzles. But that leaves you with only six more guesses, which seems like a pretty tight margin for error (or at least it seems that way to me based on playing it once...)

I start with ALIEN and TOURS and then go to what looks like the most solvable word.  If nothing jumps out to me, I try to incorporate other semi-high usage letters in actual guesses, and I chose the one that will allow me to take the most letters off the board. So if I have STAE all in the wrong order and a solitary U in the correct position , I will take my guess on the U with something like CHUMP and hope that I narrow the choices for STAE, if that makes sense.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, conVINCEd said:

I start with ALIEN and TOURS and then go to what looks like the most solvable word.  If nothing jumps out to me, I try to incorporate other semi-high usage letters in actual guesses, and I chose the one that will allow me to take the most letters off the board. So if I have STAE all in the wrong order and a solitary U in the correct position , I will take my guess on the U with something like CHUMP and hope that I narrow the choices for STAE, if that makes sense.

ALIEN TOURS should partner up with the NARDS MOTEL franchise. 

I'll backchannel you - I'm sure we can come to a mutually beneficial arrangement. 

• Haha 2

Wordle 246 3/6

🟨🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Man I almost forgot to do it today, which would have ended a 31 day streak which goes back to my first puzzle. Fucking surprised I got this one on my third try after a total of under 5 minutes on it - 

Spoiler

CHATS
ACUTE
TACIT

"ACUTE" was an error after CHATS, realized at the last second I was putting T in the same spot. I thought I was setting myself up for my first all around miss by going with "TACIT" next but I'm tired, thought of the word, and figured I'd probably place a few letters. Didn't think I'd hit all of them.

Edited by Celery Man