Cowboys @ Eagles: Week 18 Season Finale

Vic Mackey

2 minutes ago, RamjetFDO said:

4db6f0750035768c825bb3a7a35a122e.gif

This.  they decided to let their team get piss pounded like this because they didn't care about 6 or 7.  Cowboys decided they wanted to wash last week's taste out and at least be in position to potentially get a 2 or 3.  It could have backfired but it didn't.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

That's right.  I forgot he's the guy who claimed Amari was a poor route runner.  

He’s the best route runner in the league. This coming from the guy that used to say Fecals every post.  Lol. 

6 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

He’s the best route runner in the league. This coming from the guy that used to say Fecals every post.  Lol. 

He is.  It is also possible that fucking Sooner is currently the best or one of the best post catch receivers in the league (and don't we know this as Longhorns fans). Put that together I don't know what the fuck it means but it's something.  

4 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

He is.  It is also possible that fucking Sooner is currently the best or one of the best post catch receivers in the league (and don't we know this as Longhorns fans). Put that together I don't know what the fuck it means but it's something.  

Yah, CeeDee has a lot a YAC !!!

(yds after catch)

I wouldn’t be surprised if Wilson and Gallup are back and Amari is gone 

Gallup is gone unless he sticks for a cheap prove it deal due to the knee. Should have traded him before this season. Wilson likely gone as well. Amari’s contract is not conducive to trade or release. Nor would you want to. Gallup is a nice 2 or 3.

Got decisions to make at TE too.

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

Odds Dallas gets the MNF WC slot followed with a Saturday game should they win?  

I’m still thinking next Saturday night. That’s why they flexed us to tonight. NFL won’t give Dallas 2 extra days off.

4 of our last 6 wild card round games have been on Saturday. Cowboys get ratings on a Saturday night like no other team. 

47 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Gallup is gone unless he sticks for a cheap prove it deal due to the knee. Should have traded him before this season. Wilson likely gone as well. Amari’s contract is not conducive to trade or release. Nor would you want to. Gallup is a nice 2 or 3.

Actually unless we restructured here in the past year Amari's contract is very conducive to a trade or release.  All his guaranteed money should've been done by the 3rd year of his deal. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

I’m still thinking next Saturday night. That’s why they flexed us to tonight. NFL won’t give Dallas 2 extra days off.

4 of our last 6 wild card round games have been on Saturday. Cowboys get ratings on a Saturday night like no other team. 

This is correct.  Saturday Week 18, Saturday on first playoff game, the wild card team will just have to deal with the 6 days.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Actually unless we restructured here in the past year Amari's contract is very conducive to a trade or release.  All his guaranteed money should've been done by the 3rd year of his deal. 

Cooper's deal includes $40 million fully guaranteed and the other $20 million guaranteed is for injury only right now, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported, per a source. It becomes fully guaranteed if he's on the roster the fifth day of the 2022 league year, Garafolo added.

So his guaranteed money is over now if they cut him before whenever.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Facts. Saturday night nfl is normally one of the least watched night. Almost guaranteed they will be the Saturday prime time game.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

He’s got a $6mm dead money hit with $16mm cap savings next year.  If Gallup signs a team friendly deal and Wilson signs a WR 3 type deal, Cooper is gone 

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

That's what I'm afraid of. Next Saturday night have a party for the wife's family so won't be able to watch it

6 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

5 hours ago, Dr Fear said:

This is correct.  Saturday Week 18, Saturday on first playoff game, the wild card team will just have to deal with the 6 days.

5 hours ago, Drew said:

Facts. Saturday night nfl is normally one of the least watched night. Almost guaranteed they will be the Saturday prime time game.

Dammit, Fellas.  You’re ruining my the NFL/Goodell is against the Cowboys conspiracy theory. 

He’s got a $6mm dead money hit with $16mm cap savings next year.  If Gallup signs a team friendly deal and Wilson signs a WR 3 type deal, Cooper is gone 

Correct on numbers. I was looking at 21 figures not 22. I don’t think they see Gallup as an equal to Cooper, and he’ll likely only stay on a one year deal cos of the knee. ACLs wrecked like that sometimes don’t mend right.

Getting rid of amari would be stupid. He still commands attention in the field. C Wilson is a luxury. But with the secondary queuing in on CD and Amari Ced gets the love.  This offense goes no where without Amari even if he only gets 3 balls a game but the def is focused on him 

1 hour ago, Texzilla58 said:

Correct on numbers. I was looking at 21 figures not 22. I don’t think they see Gallup as an equal to Cooper, and he’ll likely only stay on a one year deal cos of the knee. ACLs wrecked like that sometimes don’t mend right.

His should actually heal up rather quickly.   They said there was no other damage done to the knee other than the ACL popped because of how his body contorted.  That can be a 7-9 month recovery on a clean ACL year these days.  

41 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Getting rid of amari would be stupid. He still commands attention in the field. C Wilson is a luxury. But with the secondary queuing in on CD and Amari Ced gets the love.  This offense goes no where without Amari even if he only gets 3 balls a game but the def is focused on him 

I never said it would be smart, I said it’s what will happen if Gallup will sign a lower end deal because of the salary cap.   

2 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

I never said it would be smart, I said it’s what will happen if Gallup will sign a lower end deal because of the salary cap.   

Or..... they just sign Amare to a new contract with a smaller cap number and more guaranteed money..... or they convert some of his salary to guaranteed bonus to help with the cap.  There's a number of different things they can do, but Gallup coming off a serious knee injury isn't going to help.  I'd love to bring back all 3 but I think a lot of that will be up to Gallup and his price.

2 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Zeke would be something along the lines of a $30mm dead money hit next year if you cut him.   

And almost 12 million in cap space you'd have to just eat.  That probably over 5% of the cap.  Zeke is here next year, folks should just get used to it.  Probably gone in 2023.

10 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

And almost 12 million in cap space you'd have to just eat.  That probably over 5% of the cap.  Zeke is here next year, folks should just get used to it.  Probably gone in 2023.

Yea, post-June 1st cut in 2023 only costs 5.2 million in dead money and saves 10.9 on the cap. 

While the secrecy of how ESPN arrives at the metric makes it sketchy it's clearly a better evaluation tool than the old school QB rating. Obviously sample size is important when comparing a QB with 1 or 2 starts like Mike White to someone like Dak, but Dak's #9 in the league QBR rating this year matches what our eyes have told us. This year didn't match up with some of his better performances. A big part of it is that Dak didn't run for many 1st downs this year.  Jake Kemp on the Ticket mentioned a stat the other day that blew my mind. Despite the running yardage totals being similar Dak ran for over 25 or more 1st downs in multiple seasons outside of his injury plagued year.  This year he only ran for 7 first downs heading into last night's game.  That clearly impacts the offense's consistency in moving the chains.  

I'm a guy who always felt people overrated Dak's mobility and running ability.  But judging by these numbers clearly I was wrong.  It was a big part of his game. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

3 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I understand the scenario that gets us a 2 seed.

But what if TB wins and the Rams lose?  Would we move to #3 or stay at #4 because AZ would win the west and have the head-to-head?

I think we might move to #2 in that scenario.

Edited by lilMAC25