Kansas V. Texas - Game Thread

Wally Pryor

Just now, Cairn Horn88 said:

First time this year that we’ve given up more than 60 points….and won.

Pretty sure, Self was surprised at the energy and loudness that the crowd brought tonight….I’m sure it is one reason we won tonight.

Alright Baylor and Tech……you two are next!

I was impressed how loud it got.  Students really brought it tonight.

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

First time this year that we’ve given up more than 60 points….and won.

Pretty sure, Self was surprised at the energy and loudness that the crowd brought tonight….I’m sure it is one reason we won tonight.

Alright Baylor and Tech……you two are next!

Bring it mother fucker 😉

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Storming the court should tell you just how fucking excited people are about this team/Beard era…

seriously

Storming the court should tell you how much closer they have moved the students.

It was always difficult to storm the court from the Upper Deck.

PS- Tell Quan that he doesn’t want need to storm the court for us to still like him. We won’t hold it against him if he stays in the stands. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Funny story from tonight.  My brother and I were at the game and were standing at appropriate moments (not like we were standing 100% of the time).  Texas is going on a run in the 1st half and we're standing and cheering.  The guy behind me yells, "Hey can you sit down."  I turn around and look at him like he's regarded and say no.  He then begins to heckle us for about 5 minutes and we remain standing.  They then leave I guess to find different seats.  These were Kansas fans so fuck 'em, but I wouldn't have sat down for UT fans either.

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886c6ogk26hthe53fdlpd

thats how you do it. i'll never forget the night that CP3 and top 5 Wake Forest came to town, and the freshman from North Carolina (one Anthony Leon Tucker) stole the show and led Texas to an upset win. The story line, the atmosphere- it was the same day that both Ced and DJ announced that they would returning to Texas to "make sure that bitch Aaron Rodgers never sniffs the Rose Bowl" (their words), and both guys were in the building. yup, i'll never forget that night, for those reasons, and because, oh yeah, because some milquetoast fucking 50 year old loser Texas fan wouldn't stop telling my date and me to sit down, to the point where he went and got an usher who made us sit down. fuck that guy forever. people like him are the absolute worst.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Great win.  Allen was nails .. our go to guy.  Mitchell clanking from 3 was cringeworthy.  But, he was active and that helped keep the KU bigs honest.  However, I think Ramey’s D on Agbaji was the real key to the win.  He held the presumptive CPOY to ELEVEN points.  I honestly didn’t think he could do that. 🤘

Edited by VirginiaLonghorn

3 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

it was the same day that both Ced and DJ announced that they would returning to Texas to "make sure that bitch Aaron Rodgers never sniffs the Rose Bowl" (their words)

Your sports memory is better than mine, but this doesn't make sense.  Ced and DJ's senior year was the Rose Bowl win over Michigan, the same Rose Bowl that Mack "whined" his way into over Aaron Rogers' Cal team.  They wouldn't be coming back to play college ball the following year.  And for that matter, neither would Aaron Rogers, because he went into the draft the same year as Ced and DJ. 

The Texas win over Wake Forest game was in January of 2004, which was following our Holiday Bowl loss to Washington State.  Maybe Ced and DJ announced they were coming back on that same day, but why would Aaron Rogers even be on their radar?

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

Your sports memory is better than mine, but this doesn't make sense.  Ced and DJ's senior year was the Rose Bowl win over Michigan, the same Rose Bowl that Mack "whined" his way into over Aaron Rogers' Cal team.  They wouldn't be coming back to play college ball the following year.  And for that matter, neither would Aaron Rogers, because he went into the draft the same year as Ced and DJ. 

The Texas win over Wake Forest game was in January of 2004, which was following our Holiday Bowl loss to Washington State.  Maybe Ced and DJ announced they were coming back on that same day, but why would Aaron Rogers even be on their radar?

Makes perfect sense. 

The two said “We’re coming back next year.”

And they did. WTF are you missing? (Have some coffee.)

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

Makes perfect sense. 

The two said “We’re coming back next year.”

And they did. WTF are you missing? (Have some coffee.)

Coffee consumed.  Read the context.  Yes, they came back the following season.  But why would they come back to "make sure that bitch Aaron Rodgers never sniffs the Rose Bowl"?  The whole Aaron-Rogers-Rose-Bowl-bitchfest hadn't occurred at that time, so why would Ced and DJ mention Aaron Rogers and the Rose Bowl in connection with their decision to come back for their senior year?

19 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Coffee consumed.  Read the context.  Yes, they came back the following season.  But why would they come back to "make sure that bitch Aaron Rodgers never sniffs the Rose Bowl"?  The whole Aaron-Rogers-Rose-Bowl-bitchfest hadn't occurred at that time, so why would Ced and DJ mention Aaron Rogers and the Rose Bowl in connection with their decision to come back for their senior year?

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886u7jk0nuptu08swx5qt

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Texas v. Kansas-Elite 8, San Antonio, March 2022.  Calling my shot.

Calling my shot -

KU will not shoot that well in Lawrence.  That is not sustainable (60-something % in the 2nd half),  We will not shoot that poorly from deep again.  

We may win in Lawrence, we may not.  But last year, we destroyed them in Lawrence (84-59) and barely won at home (75-72). 

We got our 3 point home win last night, so we are going to destroy them in Lawrence. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, ztejas said:

Quan I love you and always will but pipe down. Texas has zero titles and one relevant final four. That was a big moment for the program. 

Hell these days I might storm the field if the football team beats Kansas.

But yeah we are the kind of program that storms the court when we beat Kansas. We are not a basketball power...yet.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Hell these days I might storm the field if the football team beats Kansas.

But yeah we are the kind of program that storms the court when we beat Kansas. We are not a basketball power...yet.

I might roll my eyes if we storm the court if we beat Tech - but beating Kansas or Baylor in basketball in the final minute of the game is worthy of a court storming.  Let the students have a good time. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I might roll my eyes if we storm the court if we beat Tech - but beating Kansas or Baylor in basketball in the final minute of the game is worthy of a court storming.  Let the students have a good time. 

Fans stormed the field in 1995 when we beat aggy…..and fans stormed the field when we beat Houston in 1990…..FWIW.

• Hook 'Em 1