Better Call Saul: Season 6

Lurch

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/7/2022 at 3:25 PM, BigHorn'13 said:

Getting back on topic, the wife (no pics) and I just rewatched both BB and BCS on Netflix. Why the fuck has season 6 not been uploaded and why the fuck is (to my understanding) the only streaming option PPV on Prime? Any help would be greatly appreciated, and would (possibly, but not likely) result in a half hearted HJ or at least 5% more awareness of bed space tonight. 

PSA-- IFC is doing a season 6 marathon on Friday. Set your DVRs!

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/7/2022 at 4:25 PM, BigHorn'13 said:

^^^ Absolutely not... Just don't be shocked on your bday when the only part of our anatomy that touches your hoohah is a lonesome, non enthusiastic finger. #Married/ExpectingFatherProblems/IHopeYou'reNotReadingThisAndILoveYou

Getting back on topic, the wife (no pics) and I just rewatched both BB and BCS on Netflix. Why the fuck has season 6 not been uploaded and why the fuck is (to my understanding) the only streaming option PPV on Prime? Any help would be greatly appreciated, and would (possibly, but not likely) result in a half hearted HJ or at least 5% more awareness of bed space tonight. 

Did you watch El Camino?

• 3 weeks later...

i'm starting a rewatch right now, and the series opens with gene pouring himself one of those cocktails he always drinks, and i finally decided to look up what "drambuie" is. turns out it's a liqueurs with 40% abv! holy shit that's one stiff cocktail!  two shots of dewars, 2-3 shots of drambuie, three ice cubes, and a spritz of lemon juice(?)? i said got damn 

• Hook 'Em 2

i think that's a Rusty Nail? or... the portions might actually be reverse on that, more scotch than Drambuie. but funny, i just tried one of those out for the first time a few weeks ago, immediately bought some Drambuie for the house lol.

i appreciated it bc as a stand alone whiskey i prefer scotch, but i prefer bourbon/rye cocktails...Rusty Nail was the first scotch cocktail I like.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't give a fuck about early release ads, ain't watching it anyway.  But yeah, I'm buying several baggies based solely on this ad.  

I gotta admit, I kinda thought it'd be 'Nacho' Vargas showing us the spicy nacho varietal and not loco Tuco, but I'll allow it...

They really do look good and props on the blue baggie

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Never seen this show. Decided to start it. In S2 now

it's made for bingeing. when it was first airing live there was like 12-18 months between seasons and it was just impossible to keep up with. you'd lose your flow every offseason. but then i binged the show leading up to the final season and realized that it's a great show, just a rung below breaking bad. in fact i'm going through a rewatch right now with my mom who's only seen parts of it, and it's still great the third time through. michael mckean deserved emmys on emmys on emmys for his work on this show. charles mcgill is one of my all time favorite TV villains.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

it's made for bingeing. when it was first airing live there was like 12-18 months between seasons and it was just impossible to keep up with. you'd lose your flow every offseason. but then i binged the show leading up to the final season and realized that it's a great show, just a rung below breaking bad. in fact i'm going through a rewatch right now with my mom who's only seen parts of it, and it's still great the third time through. michael mckean deserved emmys on emmys on emmys for his work on this show. charles mcgill is one of my all time favorite TV villains.

Other than the fact that Charles McGill is not a villain.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Trey3216 said:

Other than the fact that Charles McGill is not a villain.  

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d73au8ex6jnw7qvm3h9r

his sole purpose in life was to denigrate and fuck over the one person who loved him the most and treated him the best; the one person who ever really wanted chuck's approval. literally the only thing that could get chuck out of his psychosomatic catatonic state and out of the house was trying to screw over his brother. he literally had no life outside of making sure that the world saw what a piece of shit jimmy is, and trying to ensure that jimmy could never ever be successful. he is overtly and blatantly villainous. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, notre dame joe said:

One half of G&G said something like No one ever says Hector Salamanca is an evil villain. 

really? i find that hard to believe. the guy is a ruthless, evil, contemptible person who thinks nothing of murdering people. i don't k ow of anyone who doesn't see him as a villain. 

Chuck's whole purpose in the show to oppose the show's protagonist, and his motivation is pure jealousy.  Jimmy gives him a lot of material with which to dress up his motivations as noble, responsible, etc.  But it's clear that no matter how brilliant and successful he is, at heart he's full of rage because his parents loved Jimmy more (in his perception).

Of course he's a villain.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Chuck's whole purpose in the show to oppose the show's protagonist, and his motivation is pure jealousy.  Jimmy gives him a lot of material with which to dress up his motivations as noble, responsible, etc.  But it's clear that no matter how brilliant and successful he is, at heart he's full of rage because his parents loved Jimmy more (in his perception).

Of course he's a villain.

This may be semantics, but Chuck was an antagonist, not a villain. He may have been jealous of Jimmy's ability to connect with people on a personal level like he never could, but he also knew Jimmy for who he really was - a con artist/grifter who would happily take advantage of others for his own gain. And he correctly predicted that Jimmy would eventually leverage the law as part of his cons/grifts.

Jimmy/Saul was the "villain," just like Walt was in BB.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, oSuJeff97 said:

This may be semantics, but Chuck was an antagonist, not a villain. He may have been jealous of Jimmy's ability to connect with people on a personal level like he never could, but he also knew Jimmy for who he really was - a con artist/grifter who would happily take advantage of others for his own gain. And he correctly predicted that Jimmy would eventually leverage the law as part of his cons/grifts.

Jimmy/Saul was the "villain," just like Walt was in BB.

Jimmy was an antihero, not a villain.  He really did have a conscience, despite his con-man lifestyle.  Chuck didn't have much of one. 

And you're right, it's semantics.  And I think we all knew what Derka meant when he called him that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Augustus said:

And semantics aside, I think trying to prevent/derail someone's career is villainous.  Especially when the motivation is pure insecurity.

Yes but that's the thing... I don't think Chuck's motivation was pure insecurity. Granted it's been years since I watched those episodes, but wasn't a big part of it that Chuck didn't trust Jimmy to "wield" the law so to speak...? That he was worried it would become a dangerous tool in the hands of a con man/grifter like Jimmy? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Yes but that's the thing... I don't think Chuck's motivation was pure insecurity. Granted it's been years since I watched those episodes, but wasn't a big part of it that Chuck didn't trust Jimmy to "wield" the law so to speak...? That he was worried it would become a dangerous tool in the hands of a con man/grifter like Jimmy? 

That's what I meant by saying Jimmy provided Chuck with a lot of cover, with which to dress up his real motivations.  Jimmy was making a real effort to go straight.  He put in his time in the mailroom, he did correspondence courses with likely the only "law school" he could get into, and whatever he did it was sufficient to impress Howard enough to offer him a job with HHM, but Chuck torpedoed that, and we saw what Chuck's real motivations were when he broke down on the stand in that hearing and he went off big time about his parents' "precious Jimmy."

The writers deliberately had Kim accuse Chuck of being Jimmy's "creator."  

Just because you can make a persuasive case that Slippin' Jimmy with a law degree could have potential to go badly, that doesn't mean that's the real underlying motive, and in Chuck's case it wasn't, and that was made plain to us.  The juxtaposition was interesting.  At heart, Jimmy wasn't really a bad guy, but Chuck was.

• Hook 'Em 3

23 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

really? i find that hard to believe. the guy is a ruthless, evil, contemptible person who thinks nothing of murdering people. i don't k ow of anyone who doesn't see him as a villain. 

The point is no one discusses if/how evil is Hector.   The internet chatter was all about Chuck McGill.  

15 hours ago, Augustus said:

That's what I meant by saying Jimmy provided Chuck with a lot of cover, with which to dress up his real motivations.  Jimmy was making a real effort to go straight.  He put in his time in the mailroom, he did correspondence courses with likely the only "law school" he could get into, and whatever he did it was sufficient to impress Howard enough to offer him a job with HHM, but Chuck torpedoed that, and we saw what Chuck's real motivations were when he broke down on the stand in that hearing and he went off big time about his parents' "precious Jimmy."

The writers deliberately had Kim accuse Chuck of being Jimmy's "creator."  

Just because you can make a persuasive case that Slippin' Jimmy with a law degree could have potential to go badly, that doesn't mean that's the real underlying motive, and in Chuck's case it wasn't, and that was made plain to us.  The juxtaposition was interesting.  At heart, Jimmy wasn't really a bad guy, but Chuck was.

As far as I know, almost everything Chuck says is true and everything he does is legal.  The thing Chuck got wrong is believing young Jimmy stole a lot from the cash register.  It was the local con men who wound up influencing Jimmy.  Chuck only believed in the law, he didn't care about people. 

But that Jimmy man, he may not play by the rules but he just wants justice for the little guy!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2023 at 4:32 PM, shadow_operative said:

good BTS stuff here:

a few thoughts on this interview:

1. the story used to go that gilligan knew how breaking bad would end when he pitched it.  that he essentially knew the arc and had the finale pretty well figured out.  i always thought it was kinda bullshit, at least the specifics, but to hear rhea tell it, they were basically writing from scene to scene, which also feels like an exaggeration.

2. the saul/mike story is pretty well known, and the way i heard it (or read it on twitter one of several times), it was odenkirk's conflict shooting how i met your mother.  fun fact, he played marshall's boss and cranston at one point played ted's boss.

3. the way she described the show - with him becoming saul right away, well, what might have been...

SIAP not reading the thread to avoid spoilers.

All 13 episodes of Better Call Saul season 6 will be available to stream April 18th on Netflix, according to What's On Netflix. The complete series is already available to watch on Netflix in territories outside of the U.S. and Canada. 

• 1 month later...