Alabama @ Texas Series Thread

TrashMaster G

1 hour ago, SL Xpress said:

Man, it just feels like if we can plate anyone we can take this thing. Love to see some baserunners here.

I want to take credit for the clutch post of the game today. Posted right before the bottom of the 7th. You're welcome.

(mostly to balance out any bad juju I ever bring)

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Hope daly gets his friend laid for giving us the run. 

I was sitting right next to that kid's dad. He was actually a very nice guy. I had talked a little shit towards their section but I gave him props for the energy he was bringing with his son at the plate. He then came up and tapped me on the shoulder when Daly was AB - he was really excited about them dueling and told me he was rooting for the Horns last year.

One of the Bama moms after the game, meanwhile, tried to lecture me on standing in front of their view (after we had won). I pretty much ignored her while her husband desperately tried to get her to stfu.

• Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I’d have been smiling at the husband for the duration of the lecture, before telling them to enjoy their time in austin and walking away before she was done. 

I mean it was cold as shit and I was on the way out. All I told her was "let's see what happens tomorrow". Her husband seemed like a fine gentleman. 

Bama fans really don't bug me too much. I did catch a whiff of them thinking "heh - we'll show these big12 losers what the SECs all about!" but when that thing closed I'm pretty sure they realized what they're in for from now on. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I mean it was cold as shit and I was on the way out. All I told her was "let's see what happens tomorrow". Her husband seemed like a fine gentleman. 

Bama fans really don't bug me too much. I did catch a whiff of them thinking "heh - we'll show these big12 losers what the SECs all about!" but when that thing closed I'm pretty sure they realized what they're in for from now on. 

You're talking about the top .0001% of Alabama fans - the ones that travel for baseball games. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yeah, these fools think Arkansas, ole miss and auburn are powerhouses. Watch and learn, bama fans 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

This. Exactly. Everytime they got someone on base they cheered like they had scored one. Rude awakening for sure. 

We’re going to fuck them, Auburn and ole miss up. And we’re finally at the same talent level the OMAHOGS!!!! have been. Would love to eliminate them in the cws semis with a 2 game sweep over vandy. Take down these wanna be powerhouse. This is our sport. We had a shit ass 10 years to us but like every program in the country would take our 2010-2021 results outside of a handful of programs. And we were pissed. We’re damn near or maybe even at at that 02-‘11 consistent talent level and winning demeanor 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Fletch said:

We’re going to fuck them, Auburn and ole miss up. And we’re finally at the same talent level the OMAHOGS!!!! have been. Would love to eliminate them in the cws semis with a 2 game sweep over vandy. Take down these wanna be powerhouse. This is our sport. We had a shit ass 10 years to us but like every program in the country would take our 2010-2021 results outside of a handful of programs. And we were pissed. We’re damn near or maybe even at at that 02-‘11 consistent talent level and winning demeanor 

Agree on the talent level, but we haven’t done it yet…

A5E5E95B-E138-4DFD-AEE8-F691620DC464.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

I was sitting right next to that kid's dad. He was actually a very nice guy. I had talked a little shit towards their section but I gave him props for the energy he was bringing with his son at the plate. 

Are you talking about Mitchell Daly’s HS teammate , the Bama pitcher?  When did he  bat?  He brought energy to the plate or the mound?