Shriner's College Classic Weekend Thread

Horny Bull

Lulz, they never call that.  Honestly it probably should be called more.

And it doesn't matter if it was a strike, right?  Isn't the rule that if you stick out a body part to be purposefully hit it becomes a strike?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, OB3 said:

Yes I played for ehhhh about 15 years. I’m just saying I would rather have a arm I’ve consistently seen in that situation for closer games. Rather than I don’t know what this guy is gonna give me today

We’ll be fine dude. How old are you? I’m playing in an adult league. Always looking for new players 

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

Yea but if that’s the argument why not secure the win tonight? It’s not like this was sealed up when they put runners on. The tying run was on deck. Secure the win today. Worry about tomorrow tomorrow 

I get what you’re saying. I’m just saying I would rather have a fresh consistent guy (Nixon) in case of a close game the next 2 days and take my chances with no one on and up 5 in this game. Just a difference in opinions. Agree to disagree

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, OB3 said:

I get what you’re saying. I’m just saying I would rather have a fresh consistent guy (Nixon) in case of a close game the next 2 days and take my chances with no one on and up 5 in this game. Just a difference in opinions. Agree to disagree

But there wasn’t no one on. We brought in someone else and he put runners on.

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

We’ll be fine dude. How old are you? I’m playing in an adult league. Always looking for new players 

Just a difference in opinions. And I’m 21 haven’t played in a couple years though

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

But there wasn’t no one on. We brought in someone else and he put runners on.

I’m talking about for the top of the 9th. Let Nixon get the first out and let someone else get the last 2. Save about 10-12 pitches on his count

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, zlavydra said:

Hope they enjoyed their 1-0 lead and putting the fur coat on the guy who hit the home run.  Good times....

I missed that.  Did their whole team come out of the dugout after the HR in the 2nd inning?  SEC gonna softball this up aren't they.

Just now, OB3 said:

I’m talking about for the top of the 9th. Let Nixon get the first out and let someone else get the last 2. Save about 10-12 pitches on his count

Oh oh oh. Mea culpa on that then. Yea I think that would have been fine also but I don’t mind just leaving him for the 9th. Luckily it wasn’t many more pitches.

13 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Not pretty, but a good win .. 10-0

🤘

Love the baseball thread, started reading a couple pages back and was like damn are they coming back and tying it up?  (Possible Extra innings comments, people freaking out about walks) Check score it’s still 7-2….   Then not pretty comments on a 7-2 win over a undefeated 17th ranked team lol. 

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, TrashMaster G said:

I will be sad beyond measure if our guys take up with hokey celebration shit like that.

I imagine there’s enough to pressure in the program to prevent that kinda thing. We seem to do a pretty good job of maintaining the Texas demeanor over the years.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Love the baseball thread, started reading a couple pages back and was like damn are they coming back and tying it up?  (Possible Extra innings comments) Check score it’s still 7-2….   Then not pretty comments on a 7-2 win over a undefeated 17th ranked team lol. 

Yeah this was by far our most impressive win this season and we were dominant. I know we had one inning that started a little rough but that was it.

1 minute ago, TrashMaster G said:

I will be sad beyond measure if our guys take up with hokey celebration shit like that.

On the other hand, I will be so happy when we make the SEC fans hate us because we all feel like we're so much better than them.

It's like the Jewish comedian who said, "People think that Jews feel like they're better than everyone else. That's not true. We don't think we're better than everyone else."

Pause. Pointing upwards.

"God does."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Bama will give them a good series.

I really don’t think so. Bama isn’t terrible but they have issues that Tennessee will exploit. Plus, the games are being played in Knoxville. Now, they should beat Aggy, who (checks notes…) lost to Washington State. 

6 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Did schloss get a 10 year guaranteed contract to leave tcu for them?

I don’t remember the length of contract but, probably?

*1.25mm/ 7 years

Edited by Droopy
OU sucks, Texas Fucks. 🤘🏼
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Droopy said:

I really don’t think so. Bama isn’t terrible but they have issues that Tennessee will exploit. Plus, the games are being played in Knoxville. Now, they should beat Aggy, who (checks notes…) lost to Washington State. 

Bama gave them fits last year.

• Like 1