Texas vs Texas State, midweek series thread, March 8th & 9th

TrashMaster G

1 minute ago, perfectchaos007 said:

It will be unfortunate for all parties involved if Texas state gets sent to the Austin regional

Let's beat them again tomorrow and then worry about that. Besides they are ranked, if they win their league they might host themselves.

18 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

Campbell is really struggling  , we have to have a 5th OF who can do better 

He started off the year unlucky, hit the ball hard just right at fielders. Now he’s swinging through everything and whatnot. Can Stehly or Kash play some right? Fuck it. Campbell will put it together. Great swing. He’s got hodo level potential at the plate 

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Damn.  Lil cocky there from Nix with the byebye wave considering he walked three and threw so goddamn many balls.

I would too if a small school playing their super bowl was talking shit all game, student section mimicking Aggie, just to lose to you on bases loaded strikeout when everyone in the stadium knows you played about as bad as you could play. 

Texas State can go fuck off

• Hook 'Em 8

1 minute ago, chase25 said:

I would too if a small school playing their super bowl was talking shit all game, student section mimicking Aggie, just to lose to you on bases loaded strikeout when everyone in the stadium knows you played about as bad as you could play. 

Ha, yeah fuck Texas st 👋🏻 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Let's beat them again tomorrow and then worry about that. Besides they are ranked, if they win their league they might host themselves.

Christ seriously we’re 13 games into the year. Can we win the conference and get the number 1 overall seed before talking which other teams are going to be hosting and what poor son of a bitch is gonna be matched with us in the supers?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SomeoneYouKnow2 said:

Yes? And we had an issue with our relief pitchers throwing strikes. Not sure what's so controversial about that. Literally just wondering if it is some sort of coaching point that we are focused on because it seems endemic.

We have 34 walks in 108 innings before tonight. We had 10 total walks in 3 games in Houston. Throwing strikes hasn’t been a problem until tonight.

”endemic”. JFC

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, chase25 said:

I swear most games in San Marcos are like this. They probably should beat us but somehow someway we win and it’s always in heartbreaking fashion for them. It’s hilarious 

1 minute ago, SomeoneYouKnow2 said:

Yes? And we had an issue with our relief pitchers throwing strikes. Not sure what's so controversial about that. Literally just wondering if it is some sort of coaching point that we are focused on because it seems endemic.

I mean obviously I want to see us win every at bat but I haven't seen anything this season to suggest we are having serious control issues, at least not for a college staff.

But we have been incredibly dominant until the last two games. Let's see what develops.