2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 minute ago, TonyTexas said:

Thinking about trading for him?

Just wondering what his story was. I can’t imagine that’s anyone they are looking to move with 1+ year of experience. Was he their top 100 prospect from 2 or 3 years back that they were salivating over?  

9 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Just wondering what his story was. I can’t imagine that’s anyone they are looking to move with 1+ year of experience. Was he their top 100 prospect from 2 or 3 years back that they were salivating over?  

He's had a slew of arm injuries. They are working him back slowly, but he's probably a reliever moving forward. And definitely someone you try to trade for to upgrade that spot in the bullpen. He has K stuff, Taylor does not.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

Tilapia has to switch out of black/ gray glove to solid black glove...and finally a baby blue mitt.

and Dubon working him like it's cardio day...  10 pitch AB.

39 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

He's had a slew of arm injuries. They are working him back slowly, but he's probably a reliever moving forward. And definitely someone you try to trade for to upgrade that spot in the bullpen. He has K stuff, Taylor does not.

Sure. But Oakland not going to move him with 5 seasons of club control left. 

Framber man. Framber. He’s like really good or something. 
Also fuck off A’s. Eat shit for all your crowing about that fake division title over a 60 game regular season that we ended by buttfucking you in the playoffs and then crushing your souls and making you become sellers last year when you realized you weren’t ever getting past this version of the Astros. Way to punt to 2027 assholes. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

This makes it sound like LMJ won’t be ready until at least August. 

Talking to The Houston Chronicle’s Chandler Rome (Twitter links) and other media on Friday, Lance McCullers Jr.said he is roughly at a “mid-January” place in relation to the usual rhythms of his offseason prep work.  McCullers suffered a right flexor tendon strain during the playoff last year, and then hit a setback while rehabbing the injury during the winter.  While there’s still obviously a ways to go, McCullers has been hitting some gradual checkpoints in his recovery, including throwing off the rubber for the first time on Friday.

Just now, billfromlaketravis said:

Yeah, wise to drag out LMJ unless they absolutely need him to make the playoffs. I like the guy, but I doubt he plays out his current contract. Get what you can from to maximize the banners. 

It’s not so much that they need him back to make the playoffs (they don’t). It’s more it Would be really beneficial to see him pitch a handful of times so you know (or suspect) if he’s going to be back to being himself for the playoffs. 

So,

ESPn out with a Juan Soto trade article where they trade him to every team in baseball. 
If the Astros got him he would juice our team win totals about 3 games to 102 ish and our title odds to about 20% ish. That’s like 2.2 wins and ~3% title odds. 
Astros are second right now in projected wins and title odds behind the dodgers. 
Fuck the Dodgers. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

So,

ESPn out with a Juan Soto trade article where they trade him to every team in baseball. 
If the Astros got him he would juice our team win totals about 3 games to 102 ish and our title odds to about 20% ish. That’s like 2.2 wins and ~3% title odds. 
Astros are second right now in projected wins and title odds behind the dodgers. 
Fuck the Dodgers. 

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

So,

Fuck the Dodgers. 

Saw this. The author writes:

”The assumption here is that every team, if it digs deep enough, could cobble together a group of players with enough future value to match the Nationals’ needs.”

I disagree strongly with that assumption. And I don’t think the Astros are one of the very few teams who could. I’d be shocked if Soto gets traded this year. This article is a year too early. 

1 hour ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Saw this. The author writes:

”The assumption here is that every team, if it digs deep enough, could cobble together a group of players with enough future value to match the Nationals’ needs.”

I disagree strongly with that assumption. And I don’t think the Astros are one of the very few teams who could. I’d be shocked if Soto gets traded this year. This article is a year too early. 

He probably doesn’t get traded this year. But his trade value will never be higher. I don’t know why Washington would wait a year to do it and get less next year. I understand what you are saying about value being hard to line up, but the biggest argument to make the trade is they are just wasting his talents right now while they are shitty with no likelihood of not being shitty while he’s still under contract, and he actually makes a lot of money for a guy with 2 more years of arbitration left. 
He’s probably got 80-100 million or so worth of surplus value left if he stays healthy. 
100 million in surplus value translates to:

1 70 value prospect. 
1 65 and 1 50. 
1 60 and 1 55 

my personal favorite- 50 prospects of 35 value  

most realistic- 4 prospects of 50 value brings to to 100 million in surplus value  

if you think Framber is worth 2 prospects of 50 value than something like Framber spun to a contender, Leon and Brown  

that’s a big price to pay  not condoning it, merely saying what it would take  

CARLOS CORREA SS, MINNESOTA TWINS

Twins placed SS Carlos Correa on the COVID-19 injured list. 

Correa will be sidelined for a minimum of 10 days after testing positive for COVID-19 on Monday. He could potentially return earlier, according to league health and safety protocols, if he goes 24 hours without a fever, tests negative twice, and also gets approval from physicians. The 27-year-old shortstop is hitting .279/.344/.407 with three homers and 16 RBI across 154 plate appearances this season in his Twins debut.

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

It’s crazy how gross his iso is. Woof. BA and OBP is just fine. 

50 games in, he has 154 plate appearances - not terrible for someone with his injury history.  but if you x3 all his counting stats, that shit is bleak.

if i was a twins fan, i would be stoked to have the carlos correa experience for a year, and would be ready for the royce lewis era to begin in earnest in 2023.  that dude is gonna be good.