2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 minute ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

Game 1: Lose 5 run lead

Game 3: Gave up 5 dongers in 5 innings.

Both are rarities in the World Series.

I wonder what level of fuckedness we have in store for tomorrow?

Game 2 started with 3 doubles, which never happened before in a WS. Maybe tomorrow they hit 2 grand slams in the same game, I dunno but it goes back to 0-0 every game. No reason they can't win.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Well Fox has said that the Phillies are the better team and has basically declared this series over.  Hope they use that for motivation.  Fuck Fox.

I mean, no one outside of Texas and Louisiana want to see the Astros win.  Not surprising that they play to the rooting interest of most of the audience.  

Plus the Astros success is boring at this point.  

Edited by Guadaloopy
  • Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, texashorne said:

Crystal ball. Nobody questioned that decision before tonight. LMJ is a vet and has WS experience.. he just shit the bed unfortunately. 

To me, LMJ "insisting" on being a starter again and not just part of the postseason bullpen mix seemed a little odd at the time. He has great stuff and experience, so I can see why the team made a serious effort to work him in, but in 2022 he hasn't been the pitcher Javier has. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

To me, LMJ "insisting" on being a starter again and not just part of the postseason bullpen mix seemed a little odd at the time. He has great stuff and experience, so I can see why the team made a serious effort to work him in, but in 2022 he hasn't been the pitcher Javier has. 

There does seem to be a divide in the starter ranks.  JV and LMJ always hanging out and then all the Latin guys hanging together.  You can see it in Julia's pre-game pics.  Seems like a clique of sorts.  Probably doesn't mean shit, I mean Altuve, JV, Lance and Bregs are the leaders of this team and it seems to go as they go.  

4 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Tip of the cap to Urquidy.   Didn’t hear Smoltz slobbering about how calm he’s been out there.  

He ate those innings like a champ.

Hopefully it pays off tomorrow and Thursday.

11 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

The worst is waking up to piss at 4 AM and having your first thought be that the Astros just lost a WS game.  

The worst for me is waking up to piss at 12am, 130am, 3am, 430am and then getting up at 6. 

Edited by cabowabo
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

LMJ was dogshit tonight, basically throwing BP. Obviously Philly saw something he was tipping cause they knew what was coming more times than not. And totally unclutch at the plate. Just one game. Come back tomorrow and tie the series back up and get it back to Houston and win it all at home. 

7 minutes ago, texashorne said:

Not sure whose responsible for LMJ's tipping. But how the hell can Philly be ready for it like that and someone in our organization not catch it? 

That's what I was saying earlier.  Maldy is arguably the best defensive catcher in the game.  So why doesn't he spot whatever the Phillies spotted?

13 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

We need a GM that can actually fill the holes in this lineup. Fuck Click. Glad he will be shitcanned after the season. Take Dusty with him to the unemployment office.

What makes you think Click is gone? His job is to manage the roster and farm system. The biggest miss I see is the trade for Trey Mancini, since he can't hit worth a damn. They have had some great home grown players come up and fill in, most notably Pena. I'm not sure how much you can hate on him. 

36 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

Maybe Dusty will start treating these games like it’s not the middle of June?

He's never treated them any differently at any point of the managerial career. Losing game 1 is going to hurt us. Just no reason to continue to send the starters back out there when you have 12 other pitchers we have on the roster.