2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

4 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

Some weak ass contact against another scrub. 

Scrub … a word I haven’t heard since little league where it almost always applied to the RF and the fat kids who picked their nose in the field and grew up to be lawyers or computer geeks.

There are no scrubs in the majors.

2 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

Never understood how McCullers just jumped right back to #3. He’s been 5 or 6 on this staff since he came back

He definitely pitched better than Urquidy down the stretch. Garcia is a more difficult argument. Garcia had a rough August but good September.

1 minute ago, Longhornlove said:

Instead of Smoltz sucking off the Phillies hitters why doesn't he admit that LM Jr was tipping his pitches? It was obvious in the 1st 2 innings that was happening. Hell, it was obvious in the 1st 3 hitters.

He talked about it.

Even had an anecdote of himself being told he was tipping pitches while he warmed up in the bullpen.

Edited by VirginiaLonghorn

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

You just want to make me cry even more. 

Our bats went through long dormant stretches in the ‘19 and ‘21 serieses, and key players went nearly hitless. Correa playing for a contract last year showed some pop early in the postseason but couldn’t put them up in the WS even with $300M on the line. Old George seemed to mash when the team needed some one to step up and get them hyped. 

3 minutes ago, texashorne said:

Crystal ball. Nobody questioned that decision before tonight. LMJ is a vet and has WS experience.. he just shit the bed unfortunately. 

I don’t know who nobody is because I did from the start. 😂  He’s got decent stats and won some games but the butt puckerfest that most of his starts are was always worrisome to me.

1 minute ago, Dutchrudder said:

Michael Brantley is injured, or he would be in the outfield, but everyone has to deal with injuries now and then. Would be nice to have a CF that can get some more hits, but Chaz has been pretty good filling in.  

chaz has a shockingly good ability to get on base with 2 outs to get machete up.  that'd be a really good thing if alvarez weren't at the maldonado line and altuve at half that

9 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Michael Brantley is injured, or he would be in the outfield, but everyone has to deal with injuries now and then. Would be nice to have a CF that can get some more hits, but Chaz has been pretty good filling in.  

We need a GM that can actually fill the holes in this lineup. Fuck Click. Glad he will be shitcanned after the season. Take Dusty with him to the unemployment office.

• Hook 'Em 1