2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 hour ago, Gut Wagon said:

Maybe the counter is that Javier's hard stuff behind Valdez would have all but guaranteed a Game 3 win, rather than enduring the home power display we saw against LMJ. Also would have given Javier a bit more rest for a potential Game 7.

Yes that's exactly my point. I think they looked at last year's series after we split the first two games and circled gm 4 as the pivotal key game that turned the series in favor of the Braves. I suspect they thought that in the event we split gms 3 and 4, they would rather win gm 4 with Javier than lose gm 4 with LMJ with Verlander behind him. 

Javier is a stopper and he did it emphatically. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, formermav43 said:

I mean, that’s just a typical 3 weeks at the office for Maldonado.

Machete hasn't had a streak of futility anywhere close to Mancini's current run this year.  It took him 42 AB's and 14 games to get his first four hits of the season, 12 games and 38 ABs to get his second four hits and after that nothing all that disastrous for a catcher except for a 12 G / 34 AB stretch from mid Aug to mid Sept.

4 hours ago, TexArcher said:

I don't know why y'all are talking about this alleged Game 7.

Might as well speculate on the winner of a fight between Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster.

None of that shit is happening.

This guy fucks. We’re going to win the whole damn thing tonight. Our offense is going to explode. Hoping for a 7 or more runs.

• Drool 1

On 10/29/2022 at 12:18 PM, Brisketexan said:

Stros are going to win tonight. How do I know? Driving my son’s old wheels, tuned into regular FM radio, and “carry on my wayward son” comes on. From back in my early high school days, when we’d be on the road at 4:00 am (skipping morning classes) to go goose hunting, tuned into classic rock…if that song came on, we had an epic hunt. Never failed. Over the years, it turned into a harbinger of an epic day, of all varieties: horns win, good fishing, all that.
Kansas came blasting over the air this morning - it is done.

I’m driving back from Lake Charles where I just bet an obscene amount of money on us tonight and Carry on my Wayward Son just played.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Machete hasn't had a streak of futility anywhere close to Mancini's current run this year.  It took him 42 AB's and 14 games to get his first four hits of the season, 12 games and 38 ABs to get his second four hits and after that nothing all that disastrous for a catcher except for a 12 G / 34 AB stretch from mid Aug to mid Sept.

I think you’re taking a joke a bit too seriously. But you should be looking for his 5th hit anyway: he started the season 4-54. I’d call that a streak of futility close to 4-63, but we’re just splitting hairs.

Maldonado is arguably the worst hitting non-pitcher in baseball history, so to be compared to him in any case means you’re having a bad run. Which was, you know, the joke.