2022 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

3 hours ago, slorch said:

Could be missing some context, but haven't y'all ever had someone "overstate" their impact on something at work? "I'm the Cal Ripken of showing up to work" or "When it comes to effort, just call me Charlie Hustle!"  Then the workgroup starts calling them Cal or Pete because of their bullshit statement in comparison with their impact. 

Man, I do not want a job wherever you work.

On 4/17/2022 at 4:42 PM, Fudge Nuggets said:

Devin Williams for the Brewers is grade A ass.

since this post:

15 app (Brewers are 14-1 in these games)

14 IP

8 H

5 BB

25 K

16.1 K/9

1.93 ERA

0.63 FIP

.163 BAA

2-0 W/L

7 H

3 SV

hey Teoscar Hernandez is on my fantasy team and is in a pretty big slump, can you please talk some shit about him now?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

since this post:

15 app (Brewers are 14-1 in these games)

14 IP

8 H

5 BB

25 K

16.1 K/9

1.93 ERA

0.63 FIP

.163 BAA

2-0 W/L

7 H

3 SV

hey Teoscar Hernandez is on my fantasy team and is in a pretty big slump, can you please talk some shit about him now?

Good for him.  He has moved out of the grade A ass category.  Happy now?

Bruin:

https://www.mlb.com/dodgers/fans/adult-camps?partnerId=zh-20220527-615439-LA-1-A&qid=65&utm_id=zh-20220527-615439-LA-1-A&bt_ee=DY5C4CSclFnJkMPo%2Bbef%2BKFqIqtC9xhxAR4FX8XrEgQlqOO4BG2BsgcvTdLo8i9p&bt_ts=1653666400618

4 bills gets you all of this with such  Dodger legends as Nomaaaaa, Ethier, Gagne and Hairston among others!

Open to adults 18 years of age and older

$3,995 admission includes:

Three days of playing baseball on the field at Dodger Stadium, including four games for each player

Full Dodgers uniform (jersey, pants, belt, socks, hat)

Photo and autograph opportunities with instructors 

Q&As with instructors sharing insights from their careers 

Meals

Gift bag

Photos and video

On 5/25/2022 at 10:31 PM, shadow_operative said:

I was at the Yanks-Jays game when Vlad Jr broke the bat after striking out recently. I was sitting in 203 in right field and Hernandez was out there that day. The best trash talk that day was the guy who shouted out “Hey Hernandez your wife….SHE’S HOT!!!!” Google confirmed that to be true!

If you’ve sat in 203 before you know that if the drunk 20-something bros show up that could’ve gone completely off the rails. Thank God it was a mid-week day game.

Edited by UpperWestside

13 minutes ago, Scraps said:

"Best" huh

I would personally rather hear that than see beers being flung onto the field with fans cheering a guy who may have had a severe concussion. It’s just a game. Most days in right field are like that and not like what I heard at Game 4 in the 2017 ALDS against Cleveland. Jay Bruce heard things said about his family, wife and himself that were quite frankly disturbing and he wouldn’t even repeat them after the game.

34 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

F Rob Manfred.

I’m Team f Manfred probably more than most, but I’m guessing the Union shares plenty of blame.

”oh you want us to play Monday’s on Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day? Sure if we get some Fridays off.”

(Except I fully recognize not all 30 teams are playing on those holidays either, so, yeah, f Manfred…

seriously. How can the MFY be off on our nation’s independence day)

Edited by UTexasFight

5 hours ago, Scraps said:

Lol Pham off his rocker

This might be one of the stupidest stories I've ever read:

Cincinnati Reds outfielder Tommy Pham on Saturday said he agreed to a three-game suspension for slapping San Francisco Giants outfielder Joc Pederson in the cheek over a fantasy football dispute prior to Friday's game.

MLB said Pham was suspended for "inappropriate conduct" and was also fined. The suspension was retroactive to Friday and runs through Sunday, when the Reds' series with the Giants concludes in Cincinnati.

On Friday, Pham had confronted and smacked Pederson while the Giants warmed up in the outfield. The pair had to be separated.

Pham on Saturday said the dispute stemmed from an old text sent by Pederson to the fantasy league's group chat in which Pham says Pederson disrespected his teammates on the San Diego Padres, for whom he played last season.

"I slapped Joc," Pham told reporters Saturday. "He said some s--- I don't condone. I had to address it.

"... It was regarding my former team (Padres). I didn't like that and I didn't like the sketchy s--- going on in the fantasy. We had too much money on the line, so I look at it like there's a code. You're f---ing with my money, then you're going to say some disrespectful s---; there's a code to this."

On Friday, Pederson said he was accused of cheating for placing a player on injured reserve and replacing him with a free agent in a fantasy football league. Pederson said the player he put on IR had been ruled out for that week, which made it a legal move. He said Pham had executed essentially the same maneuver with his own team.