2022 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

just your casual, everyday 375 foot flick of the wrist.

when i first saw this and was trying to describe it, i said, "i've never seen that before, i never even saw Vladdy do that!", and my voice started cracking and fading Tim Kurkjian style. 😂 i was that smitten with this throw. 

BOSTON — As Tommy Pham walked toward the dugout at the conclusion of batting practice Tuesday, the Reds outfielder signed autographs for some fans on the left-field line at Fenway Park. When he finished, he continued on towards the dugout. There, a fan yelled out “Joc deserved it!”

Pham stopped and signed an autograph for the fan.

Days after Pham’s slap of Giants outfielder Joc Pederson over a fantasy football dispute, the incident — in which the nine-year veteran received a three-game suspension and an undisclosed fine — is still top of mind, now even drawing the best player in baseball into the controversy.

To this point, Pederson and Pham have both shared their versions of the story, and have not really contradicted each other on the basic facts; it is the interpretation of the rules of the league and the extent of the perceived disrespect shown by Pederson towards Pham that seem to be in contention. Still, Pham felt that his side of the dispute has not been fully aired.

“Joc gave out half the story, I don’t like that,” Pham said shortly before the Reds’ Tuesday game at Fenway Park.

But Pham added that regardless of how the situation has unfolded, the fantasy league’s commissioner could’ve put a stop to everything, early on, shifting part of the blame to the biggest-named commissioner in all of sports, fantasy or otherwise: Mike Trout.

“Trout did a terrible job, man,” Pham said, with the hint of a smile. “Trout’s the worst commissioner in fantasy sports. Because he allowed a lot of shit to go on and he could’ve solved it all.”

Pham did appear somewhat sympathetic to Trout, however, recognizing at least that he didn’t want the job in the first place.

“Nobody wanted to be commissioner, I didn’t want to be the fucking commissioner. I’ve got other shit to do. He didn’t want to do it; we put it on him. It was kind of our fault too, because we made him commissioner,” Pham said.

Trout declined comment to The Athletic.

36 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

when i first saw this and was trying to describe it, i said, "i've never seen that before, i never even saw Vladdy do that!", and my voice started cracking and fading Tim Kurkjian style. 😂 i was that smitten with this throw. 

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, WBT said:

The Pirates just beat the Dodgers for the 4th time in 5 tries this year.  25% of the Dodgers' losses are to Pittsburgh.  

The Astros won the AL pennant and were 2-5 against the Tigers last season. 3-3 against the 110-loss Orioles. Baseball is weird. 

13 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Without the lip-reading, Jomboy would be just another annoying NY goomba.  With the lip-reading, he is epic:

I should hate him after his whole Altuve buzzer witch-hunt but he actually seems like a pretty cool guy. His company is blowing up and the I think their Talkin Baseball podcast is the best one out there. They actually do a good job of suppressing their Yankee love, saving that for the Talkin Yankees podcast. 

He lost some points with me when he blamed Yankee fans for throwing trash on the field when that was really 99% instigated by the Cleveland outfielders, but still no one puts out baseball content at as high a volume or quality as him & his company.

He also doesn’t really have much competition though, wish there were more content creators out there for baseball. 

6 hours ago, Helobious said:

He lost some points with me when he blamed Yankee fans for throwing trash on the field when that was really 99% instigated by the Cleveland outfielders, but still no one puts out baseball content at as high a volume or quality as him & his company.

You always deliver in the baseball threads.