2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

12 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Listening to Ketch's Monday Night Livestream right now. Ketch says he still hearing from back channels that the Kentucky WR Baron Browning still plans to enter the portal. He also has heard rumors about a UGA WR that may had back channels talk with UT. He's obviously talking about AD Mitchell.

Barion Brown?

13 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Listening to Ketch's Monday Night Livestream right now. Ketch says he still hearing from back channels that the Kentucky WR Baron Browning still plans to enter the portal. He also has heard rumors about a UGA WR that may had back channels talk with UT. He's obviously talking about AD Mitchell.

1 minute ago, Bevo said:

Barion Brown?

Yes. I'm on mobile & didn't feel like googling the correct spelling of his name.

• Fuck You 1

On 1/1/2023 at 6:59 PM, Hiphopopotamos said:

We better call Tyrone...

6'7" 210.  Caught 68 balls for 1100 yards and 12 TDs the last 2 seasons.

https://bgsufalcons.com/sports/football/roster/tyrone-broden/9187

This dude is blowing up.  Already has offers from Colorado, WVU, Houston, Arkansas, aggy, OUsucks, and many others.

Texas ADOPP, JM Jones, is following Tyrone.   

16 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

AD Mitchell is on the brink of winning his second CFB title in as many years. He was targeted 7 times versus Ohio State and caught the winning TD reception for Georgia. Why on earth would he leave Georgia?

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Well, classes start next Monday for the spring semester at Texas. Obviously there is about a week or two period where guys could enroll after classes start and be okay (I think Neyor did this), but the time is now for some of the kids thinking about dipping their toe in the portal to do it.

(and Ketch needs to shut up)

Edited by Hookem2147

3 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Yes. I'm on mobile & didn't feel like googling the correct spelling of his name.

Dude was a big time recruit with legit speed. He had about 700yrds as a freshman, Ran under 10.5 in the 100 and is 6'1"-6'2" and skinny. Hopefully, he has better hands than the guy he reminds me of.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, UDontKnow said:

AD Mitchell is on the brink of winning his second CFB title in as many years. He was targeted 7 times versus Ohio State and caught the winning TD reception for Georgia. Why on earth would he leave Georgia?

I won't pretend to have any insider info but the same reason that many players leave good teams at the professional level also applies here - wants a bigger role. For college kids, also the bigger role is needed to get drafted. He played in 5 games this year with a total of 8 catches for 112 yards and 2 TD's and that includes the game against Ohio State. Last year he had 29 catches for 426 yards and 4 TD's per Georgia's website. So his role diminished if anything.

2 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Georgia just recruited Dominic Lovett and RaRa Thomas out of the portal - maybe AD was already looking around and wants to be closer to home and NIL.

But I'll believe it when I see it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Maybe for the same reason Burton left Georgia to go play for the team they beat in the championship game. 

1 hour ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Read in multiple places Ketch deserved some blame for players Texas was planning on target not ending up in the portal, yet. Ketch not keeping his mouth shut, as usual, allowed for pressure to be applied by the players' coaches.

Edited by pacman
  • Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, pacman said:

Read in multiple places Ketch deserved some blame for players Texas was planning on target not ending up in the portal, yet. Ketch not keeping his mouth shut, as usual, allowed for pressure to be applied by the players' coaches.

So you're saying he actually has sources? I imagine that if ketch knows, then the other teams do. Let's not pretend the kids aren't negotiating for more money to stay by leveraging Texas and other programs. I have no sources, but it's just common sense.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, pacman said:

Ketch sucks but thinking he has this kind of influence is a joke. He’s a hamburgler, not the boogie man.

• Hook 'Em 2

Has it ever occurred to you that Geoff Ketchum might be full of shit?
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Starting Jan. 4 and running through Jan. 8 Division I college football programs are allowed to host mid-year transfers on campus for official visits and Purdue is expected to have at least one visitor in West Lafayette during that time.

Boiler Sports Report and 247Sports have learned that Purdue is expected to host former Arkansas safety Jalen Catalon for an official visit from Thursday, Jan. 5 to Friday, Jan. 6.

The 5-foot-10 and 200-pound Catalon has struggled with injuries during his time in Fayetteville. However, when Catalon has been on the field, he has been a star in the secondary for the Razorbacks.

In Arkansas’ season opener against Cincinnati, he had eight total tackles and five solo tackles before going down with a shoulder injury that required season-ending surgery and as result, caused him to miss the rest of the 2022 season.

Prior to this season, Catalan was First-Team All-SEC as a redshirt freshman in 2020 playing and starting in all ten games for Arkansas. He finished the season with 99 total tackles, two forced fumbles, three interceptions and four passes defended.

Then in 2021 he was named preseason Second-Team All-American by the AP and started the first six games of the Razorbacks’ season before suffering a season-ending shoulder injury. In those six games, Catalon has 46 total tackles, 22 solo tackles, two interceptions and four passes defended.

Aside from Purdue, Catalan is also rumored to be considering visits to Texas and Notre Dame.

As always, stay locked to Boiler Sports Report this week for more Boiling Points, Purdue football coverage and even more recruiting coverage on the Fort Mollenkopf message board. Another NCAA contact period begins on Jan. 13 so expect Ryan Walters and his coaching staff to be out on the road recruiting. The Boilermakers will also likely have some junior-day-type events and visit weekends during that time.

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I have to say, having caught back up on the abortion of the 23 recruiting thread, with endless pages of TCU and Georgia bullshit, I didn't think anything could get worse. Until I opened up this page, wasted 20 minutes of my life catching up, only to be met with endless pussy rubbing about our portal behavior, some of it from normally good posters. Your pet heads are not falling off people, for fuck's sake. Starting with the idea that trying to retain All Big 12 caliber players at the expense of unproven, albeit massive and talented recruits, is a waste of resources and bad for the program. It probably wouldn't have been worth 2 million to retain Bijan Robinson, either, I take it? Cedric Baxter might have gotten upset. 

Oh yeah? Now name us ANY portal players that are more talented, productive, and have more eligibility. Go ahead, we will all wait. 

In the meantime, I'll point out the fact that you seem to be missing: Signing players with multiple years left is a multiple year commitment to NIL dollars, as opposed to a 1 year expense. And guess what, money management matters. Lets make the fucking run at winning now, thanks. 

You're welcome. Additionally, the best part was when he allegedly went apeshit on twitter demanding he get his handle and they told him to fuck right off, and then he threw a fit on line or on his shit radio show or something. 

BUT I WANT ADARI HAULCY AND I WANT IT NOW

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You'll get Jerrin Thompson playing next to one of BJ Allen, Jalen Catalon, Guilbeau or some other transfer and be perfectly fine with it, you overly-dramatic walking maxi-pad. 

Honestly, Williams might be playing heavily by the end of the year at safety anyway. And while Crawford seems to have struggled, these guys have developed at every level of the defense over the course of two years. I'm not sold that lightbulbs can't still come on for Crawford and others. Oh, and with Muhammed coming in at CB, and already having Brooks (he isn't moving to safety, he's starting next year imo) and Holmes entering the conversation, we might have a surplus of other corners on our roster that might convert nicely to safety. 

I wish Smaje and Williams were EE's. 

The thought of Muhammed, Brooks, and Watts for the rotation at corner is very pleasant thoughts.

18 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Was in the rotation playing 25 snaps a game (not very effectively) through the first 6 games of the season.

He has the size we want. He played a lot outside in high school and will have to add muscle and learn to play better on the interior.

16 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Its that time of year again - Clemson fans are worried about Mukuba and Texas fans are wish-casting.  Or are they...

C4307879-E951-440F-A66B-2DD32C847083.jpeg

Guess he wasn’t feeling Dabo’s explanation for NIL.

Edited by Fug
Spellcheck didn’t like Dabo
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

You'll get Jerrin Thompson playing next to one of BJ Allen, Jalen Catalon, Guilbeau or some other transfer and be perfectly fine with it, you overly-dramatic walking maxi-pad. 

Honestly, Williams might be playing heavily by the end of the year at safety anyway. And while Crawford seems to have struggled, these guys have developed at every level of the defense over the course of two years. I'm not sold that lightbulbs can't still come on for Crawford and others. Oh, and with Muhammed coming in at CB, and already having Brooks (he isn't moving to safety, he's starting next year imo) and Holmes entering the conversation, we might have a surplus of other corners on our roster that might convert nicely to safety. 

Yeah, I really don’t get the hand wringing in the secondary. Pretty healthy situation, long term.

18 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Its that time of year again - Clemson fans are worried about Mukuba and Texas fans are wish-casting.  Or are they...

C4307879-E951-440F-A66B-2DD32C847083.jpeg

nothing to see based on twitter follows. most recent is an NFL agent but a more clemson folks just before that (do't have any info on timeframe for follows)

screenshotting in case this becomes a thing. i assume he's either just doing a purge or trying to get his NIL bag

image.thumb.png.45ea5e40a2031baa25711d09a199654c.png

7 minutes ago, NoName said:

nothing to see based on twitter follows. most recent is an NFL agent but a more clemson folks just before that (do't have any info on timeframe for follows)

screenshotting in case this becomes a thing. i assume he's either just doing a purge or trying to get his NIL bag

image.thumb.png.45ea5e40a2031baa25711d09a199654c.png

Clemson is built on NIL according to Dabo, so he is probably holding out for a cup full of Jesus 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5