2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

So the timeline for Blue if I remember correctly is:

-Commits to Texas

-Kicked off his high school team

-Had the opportunity to transfer to other high schools so he could play his senior year but declined

-His own HS coaches were not huge fans of him

-Tried really hard to backdoor his way into A&M's class last cycle 

-Arrived at Texas and barely made it through year 1

I'm sure there are a ton of high quality schools waiting with open arms for him

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

So the timeline for Blue if I remember correctly is:

-Commits to Texas

-Kicked off his high school team

-Had the opportunity to transfer to other high schools so he could play his senior year but declined

-His own HS coaches were not huge fans of him

-Tried really hard to backdoor his way into A&M's class last cycle 

-Arrived at Texas and barely made it through year 1

I'm sure there are a ton of high quality schools waiting with open arms for him

didn't he quit during on the team late in a playoff run during a playoff game?

also, you left off him wanting to come back to his HS team as the (at the time) #1 composite RB in the country and the team or team captains unanimously voting no.

2 minutes ago, NoName said:

didn't he quit during on the team late in a playoff run during a playoff game?

also, you left off him wanting to come back to his HS team as the (at the time) #1 composite RB in the country and the team or team captains unanimously voting no.

Someone (can't remember it was on here or elsewhere) said that the story about the team not wanting him back was not entirely true and there was more to the story.

But I do remember people reporting that even the Texas coaches were trying to find a way to get him back on the team or somewhere else to play his senior year and he just said nah.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, FreeHorn said:

I’m starting a go fund me to keep Blue at Texas. Texas football needs@closetojumping to give us the golden football to break the curse that has plagued Texas football for the last 10-12 years. 

@closetojumping is the curse that has plagued Texas football for the last 10-12 years.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 7

4 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Not gonna lie, I was really hoping for a redemption story.

RB room looking very talented but small now.  Do we try to add a portal body?

I would. But I'm not sure what type of guy we could attract with Brooks returning, Baxter coming in and Keilan Robinson having his carved out role in the offense.

On 1/1/2023 at 12:42 AM, nycHorn said:

He didn’t play his senior year in high school. By all accounts he’s been busting his ass and had a great attitude about it behind the scenes. But the year off didn’t help.
Here’s a New Year’s resolution for you - learn what you’re talking about so you don’t show everyone what a dumbass you are.

Huh, would you look at that. 4 days into the New Year, and Blue’s already off the roster. And with Gerry Hamilton making veiled references to off the field issues, no less.🤔

But in all seriousness, best of luck to the young man. Texas has a talented RB room with Brooks and Baxter, so he’ll have a better shot at immediate playing time elsewhere.

Edited by ATXhorn17
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Yes. Staff seems to already be tracking Treshaun Webb from FSU.

I'm skeptical we can land a guy like that who (rightfully) thinks he should be a clearcut starter. More likely we end up with a grad transfer or small schooler guy imo

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

I just have a tough time believing Ward would leave a crowded FSU backfield to go somewhere where he is going to have to compete just as hard for touches.

But maybe I'll be wrong.

Definitely going to be a tough sell - but he's competing against a couple of guys who haven't done anything yet.  He might look at it as a competition he can win.

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Definitely going to be a tough sell - but he's competing against a couple of guys who haven't done anything yet.  He might look at it as a competition he can win.

Perhaps. But then if he does win the competition and get the lion's share of the carries, is Brooks heading out the door after waiting his turn for 3 years and getting beat out by a transfer with a 5 star true freshman also in the room?

It's all a balancing act.

• Like 1

Just now, tokamak said:

I don't think a portal RB is imperative. I figure the plan is to get all of Brooks, Baxter, and Robinson plenty of carries. Would only need a 4th guy if there's an injury and Wisner is not ready to contribute for some reason.

Assuming Robinson comes back isn't a guarantee.

• Like 1

Yeah when you take a look back at the whole blue timeline, I guess it was partially if not all clouded by hope. But that’s a real interesting one when you break it down. As did poster ^^^. Hope the best for the guy, dk if we needed him badly but I thought he’d have a career here. I haz a wrong

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Jalen Catalon on a visit to A&M today.

Is supposed to be at Purdue tomorrow and Friday and Texas on Sunday.

How many safeties is ATM trying to stock up on? With Demani coming back, both starters are staying, plus they added that young guy from FSU, on top of the other youngsters like Jacoby Matthews that are already there.

3 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Random, likely irrelevant thought, but I wonder how well he knows Baxter from recruiting him to FSU

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, tokamak said:

I don't think a portal RB is imperative. I figure the plan is to get all of Brooks, Baxter, and Robinson plenty of carries. Would only need a 4th guy if there's an injury and Wisner is not ready to contribute for some reason.

One or two injuries at RB is not a far fetched thing.  Wisner and Robinson are not every down backs.  Definitely wouldn’t be terrible if he decides to stay or they get a portal RB. 

Edited by Hook1997

Blue came in super out of shape last year and was also lazy. Coaches and players had to ride him to not take himself out of workouts bc he was tired. Sounded like he was getting better but didn’t really hear much beyond that. Anytime he played this year I was pretty unimpressed. Felt like he was getting stuffed at the line on every carry. 

If Robinson doesn’t come back - the only thing I’ve seen on this is CTJ saying he told the staff he’s going to try his luck in the NFL - a portal back becomes more important between youth and the threat of injuries.

We could have afforded another RB before Blue, so I'd say adding one is imperative. If either of Brooks or Baxter are out for any length of time, we have no backfill for an every down back. Especially if Brooks misses time - a true freshman + gadgetguygang are not going to win a conference. A bigger, experienced, Gabe Watson type is a good insurance policy.

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Given that Catalon's super religious parents vetoed Texas because they thought Herman was a scumbag, I'm sure the Jimbo Fisher Aggie Football Experience is right up their alley.

Of course theyre fine with it! For fuck's sake, they built Dindy's dad a fucking CHURCH. 

1 hour ago, Mason Ramsey said:

Any notes on us being interested in any Okie Lite WRs? Bryson Green would elevate the room and be a very solid edition.

He's only good when he's playing AGAINST Texas, so I dont see how this works out for Texas. 

• Haha 4