2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

closetojumping

35 minutes ago, Zhorn96 said:

I went to Texas but grew up in the Bay Area and come from a Cal family.  I watch all their games.  The Cal offense sucked beyond belief because of their o line.  Their skill position talent is actually quite good.  J Mike is a level above.  Dude is phenomenal 

With Plummer and Sturdivant leaving, it would be crazy for Ott to stay. Not only would he probably get a significant pay raise in the portal, but that offense is going to be DREADFUL next year. Recall them having another WR that was very good too, not sure if he has eligibility or is already leaving. What a mess. 

2 minutes ago, NevaLost said:

With Plummer and Sturdivant leaving, it would be crazy for Ott to stay. Not only would he probably get a significant pay raise in the portal, but that offense is going to be DREADFUL next year. Recall them having another WR that was very good too, not sure if he has eligibility or is already leaving. What a mess. 

They brought in the North Texas OL coach and he’ll be a massive upgrade.  They’ve got at least average talent on the OL but McClure was fucking regarded.  He sucked and Musgrave sucked as OC.  Also, Ott got PAID allegedly.  He’s getting a significant chunk of Cal’s NIL money.  They’re going to take 2 QBs in the portal allegedly.  Cal will be better next year, not good but at least average

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Are there any bowls played in university owned stadiums? I can't think of any unless it's the farmersonly.com tractor pull bowl

5 hours ago, TexEx15 said:

Does Alienware help track flying objects over head?

(We can only hope. 🙏)

2 hours ago, Zhorn96 said:

Sounds like it’s UCLA causing the ruckus for Sturdivant… 

From one Blue & Yellow Bear School to another Blue & Yellow Bear School...

But much better weather and better looking options.

PS- I have been to Berkeley, UCLA, and Miami's campus and I would say that UCLA & Miami have Berkeley beaten on the weather front.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Does Alienware help track flying objects over head?

(We can only hope. 🙏)

From one Blue & Yellow Bear School to another Blue & Yellow Bear School...

But much better weather and better looking options.

PS- I have been to Berkeley, UCLA, and Miami's campus and I would say that UCLA & Miami have Berkeley beaten on the weather front.

Yeah but if you go on the Soso Jamabo scale, Berkeley and UCLA are even on the Asian girl front

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 2

41 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

We need more under the table tampering.

* I say this with absolutely no clue how hard Texas is working behind the scenes, but only to fit in here.

I don't think we are tampering at all. I think kids not in the portal have reached out and we have obliged them, but we have not been the instigator. JMO from reading forums.

Transfers fit into a couple of buckets, and we are only really playing in one of them.

1. Tampered into the portal (Not playing) **Again, I don't get the impression we tamper, but we will put some chips in (to an extent) for the elite player who is tampered with by another school (Addison). The program seems unlikely to ever break the bank for one player, no matter who it is.

2. Running around everywhere with a hand out (Not playing)

3. Productive difference makers, who project to success in p5, looking for a better opportunity (Playing here) ** but this is a very small percentage of portal announcements

4. Productive player, who will be a P5 JAG, looking for a better opportunity (Not playing)

• Hook 'Em 4

10 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Damn I’m really gonna miss how he never got any pressure nor kept contain nor sealed the edge nor made a tackle 

I laughed, but you have 2021 Ovie seared into your brain.  He went from “a corpse might work better” to actually doing what he was coached to do this season.  He’s just physically a jag and was never going to be a difference maker.  So of course he will get 10 sacks at his next stop. 

Edited by ClubWhatever
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

FWIW, a guy this year where you can see things that aren’t being said is Braylon Shelby. It’s clear that Gerry thinks he’s a damned fine physical talent. It’s also clear, if you squint at his comments hard enough, that he thinks he’s soft and doesn’t crave competition. It is not coincidental that Shelby goes to school at Friendswood and lives in a neighborhood apparently right near where Gerry grew up. He’s looking at that background, plus what coaches on a staff that he obviously knows well are saying, and then wondering “hmm, does this guy really love football?” and then concluding that that answer is “no, he doesn’t. “

Seems like Shelby is a perfect fit for a Lincoln Riley defense. 

• Haha 5

23 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

If Blue stays, is IT going to delete all of their comments where they are publicly saying he is a cancer and a shitty player? Because that would get weird if he does in fact stay. 

I don't think they did the first time around, so probably not 

• Hook 'Em 2

From On3's article about 'Under the Radar' players in the portal:

WR Joshua Cobbs

Transfer from: Wyoming
The skinny: Don’t go by production when looking at Joshua Cobbs; instead, look at his size (6 feet 4, 204 pounds) and potential. Cobbs led run-first Wyoming with 35 receptions for 407 yards and two TDs; remember, though, that Wyoming averaged just 132.2 passing yards per game. Cobbs had 25 receptions as the Cowboys’ No. 2 receiver (to Isaiah Neyor) in 2021. He has two seasons of eligibility remaining.

Cobbs is from San Antonio and has reported offers from Cal, Louisville, WVU, UH, and aggy

https://www.on3.com/transfer-portal/news/college-football-transfer-portal-10-under-the-radar-transfers-to-keep-an-eye-on/

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
  • Hook 'Em 1