2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

closetojumping

8 hours ago, Best served cold said:

Any chance that Manning stays if he is a backup in 2024 with eyes towards starting in '25 since Murphy would be eligible for the draft?

Or is this complete and total fantasy?

I think that is likely what happens. Mannings arnt jump happy kinda people. Maybe if they see more than 2-3 years sitting but not 2. 

2023-Ewers starts, declares after the season.

2024-real battle for starter, Murphy and Manning fight it out until game day, unless Manning is head and shoulders better. Depending on season, Murphy declares for draft or transfers.

2025-Manning starts for sure. 

7 hours ago, NoName said:

he identified and targeted Malachi Nelson literally 4 years ago. he has his (next) QB unless something wacky happens. dude certainly knows how to recruit and develop QBs

100% Nelson is next in line. has this year to learn and get some snaps behind Caleb. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, Getafix said:

Watch. The. Timing.

image.thumb.png.cddb9b98cc89438dc81664b29f0e46b1.png

image.thumb.png.e5b69ef56fa8321c0d2541f2c83fd23a.png

Iowa’s offense was pure trash last year. Like historically awful.

Did they get a new offensive coordinator?

Offensive linemen & QB transfers?

If a WR is picking Iowa over your school, it is over.

• Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Did they get a new offensive coordinator?

Nope.

28 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Offensive linemen & QB transfers?

Cade McNamara, from Michigan. 

Who evidently earned the fealty of one Ronnie Bell.

image.thumb.png.9535bfa0f8126db4b2bdb22f2e748775.png

30 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

If a WR is picking Iowa over your school, it is over.

Narrator : " ... "

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Their backs are good - Moss and Owens can play. The line is the problem.

if Owens doesn't learn Pass Pro fast, he won't play though. dude has less experience pass blocking than any highly rated RB out of Texas in maybe the last decade?

El Campo literally attempted ~6 passes a game for the whole season (60 something) and completed 22 (1.8 per game)

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 3

9 hours ago, TheContractor said:

I think that is likely what happens. Mannings arnt jump happy kinda people. Maybe if they see more than 2-3 years sitting but not 2. 

2023-Ewers starts, declares after the season.

2024-real battle for starter, Murphy and Manning fight it out until game day, unless Manning is head and shoulders better. Depending on season, Murphy declares for draft or transfers.

2025-Manning starts for sure. 

100% Nelson is next in line. has this year to learn and get some snaps behind Caleb. 

2023- Ewers is the starter

2024- Arch is the starter. The competition will be similar to Casey and Card. Sark will know his starter well before he announces it publicly, in an attempt to keep Murphy at Texas for the season. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, Red Five said:

I said something on IT the other day about how there is no scenario where Ewers, Manning, and Murphy are all on the team in 2024. That didn't go over very well. Evidently a portion of our fanbase expects that to happen, so it should be fun to watch. 

That is odd. Gerry has been saying that Arch is the next man up for almost a year now. Only a week ago he said if Ewers goes down for an extended period of time, he expects Arch to be the QB. 

Yeah Arch came to texas for the school experience. But the sark development is a thing also. That what kept Murphy here. Development  and the chance to play for an injured Ewers. 

The Mannings said from the jump they want Arch to redshirt. 

So its not a hard stretch to see him sticking in 24 as QB2 for the same reasons Murphy is staying for 23. 

Ewers is injury prone,  so Murphy sees playing time. 

But Murphy is also injury prone. So Arch can be thinking the same thing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, immamac said:

I think:

2023 - Ewers

2024- Murphy

2025 - Arch 

14 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I think I'm with this line of thinking....

National media will flip out in 2024 because Manning isn't the starter blah blah blah.

I feel like Manning is here so long as Sark is the HC at Texas.

I think you guys are living in fantasyland. Get a fucking grip, folks. Jesus. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

I can’t think of many names that fit in better at Oklahoma than Konnor.

He must’ve been named by an illiterate meth head. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, RichUT said:

Sounds like you’d be willing to shit a golden football if Arch isn’t starting in 2024…

We're still waiting on the golden football that was supposed to be produced after Blue played in the spring game. I assume that one is still in the works.

Maybe CTJ needs more fiber. 

• Haha 2

On 4/28/2023 at 3:44 AM, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Interesting thread derailment. If your boss says, “have that report to me by Friday”, with no other details, when will you have that report in their hands?

Before start of business on Friday at the latest. "By Friday" would lead me to thinking they needed it for a particular purpose on Friday. If it was a large report, then Thursday, so they have time to review it before they needed to use it the following day. 

But it's irrelevant since he clarified that he did in fact mean prior to camp.

21 hours ago, tokamak said:

Yeah whoever is perceived as being in 2nd place after spring of '24 is gone. 

Our backup in '24 is not currently on the roster

I don't think that's as much of a guarantee as some people are making it out to be. The most likely? Probably. But not 100% IMO. If Ewers declares and Maalik is named the starter, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that Arch stays as backup. He came here for a reason. It's the same reason Maalik is staying this year. It's to develop under Sark. The fact that he came in openly wanting to redshirt is a clear sign of that. If the Mannings think Arch is making a ton of progress, they would have a lot of reasons for wanting him to continue on here and look to start in '25. Transferring somewhere to be the guaranteed starter in '24 might not necessarily be the best thing for him.

Now, if Arch is named starter in '24, Maalik absolutely will transfer somewhere to start, as he should.

• Hook 'Em 1

After reading the rest of the thread, I see my opinion is not as much of an outlier as I had assumed. Call it fantasyland all you want, CTJ. It's still a possibility given the right circumstances.

To be clear, I think your take is completely detached from reality. The only scenario where that is possible involves a season ending injury to Manning before the 24 season kicks off. Otherwise, no chance in hell.

Carry on.

Some first world problems we are about to have. Guess it beats the problems we used to have like having 7 scholarship offensive lineman going through spring ball and our starting RT having a nickname centered around the fact he didn’t like contact.

• Hook 'Em 1

I think:
2023 - Ewers
2024- Murphy
2025 - Arch 
Sounds reasonable to me. Arch seems to like playing school at Texas, and his dad may actually like the idea of Murphy being the first Texas QB to take on an SEC schedule. That way Arch has none of the pressure and gets to continue learning with the chance of some backup action if Murphy falters it gets injured.

9 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Some first world problems we are about to have. Guess it beats the problems we used to have like having 7 scholarship offensive lineman going through spring ball and our starting RT having a nickname centered around the fact he didn’t like contact.

Or a QB depth chart of Tyrone Swoopes, Kai Locksley, Matthew Merrick. God damn those were some dark times. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

22 minutes ago, RichUT said:

To be clear, I think your take is completely detached from reality. The only scenario where that is possible involves a season ending injury to Manning before the 24 season kicks off. Otherwise, no chance in hell.

Carry on.

We need a nice girl from a good Austin family to lock Arch down. Not a guarantee, but girlfriends have a solid record against the portal. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

We need a nice girl from a good Austin family to lock Arch down. Not a guarantee, but girlfriends have a solid record against the portal. 

I know just the one to get the job done ... she lives in South Austin.

Um - define "nice"?

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, ousux said:
4 hours ago, immamac said:
I think:
2023 - Ewers
2024- Murphy
2025 - Arch 

Sounds reasonable to me. Arch seems to like playing school at Texas, and his dad may actually like the idea of Murphy being the first Texas QB to take on an SEC schedule. That way Arch has none of the pressure and gets to continue learning with the chance of some backup action if Murphy falters it gets injured.

This is how you successfully engineer and manufacture narratives in a spring game. 

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

Camrhon Hughes.

Please forget his name.