Greenville Super Regional: Texas @ East Carolina

Horny Bull

4 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Come on guys I know it feels like a lot but we’re only down 4 

True enough.  But their starter just got his 8th K, while ours just gave up a 6th run, and the options behind him are not  . . . good.

This one's slipping away.  And we need the first two games, really badly.

Edited by TwiceHorn

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

Pull our best pitcher and throw in the towel in a one run game because he didn’t have it in the first inning? Glad you aren’t managing this club.

I'm sure you do, but it was clear this was gonna be the outcome.  He didn't look good from the start.  Pulling him wouldn't have been throwing in the towel anymore than leaving him in has been, and we would've had him for a possible game 3, possibly in better form.  Now we won't have gotten a good game out of him, and he won't be available, save maybe a one inning appearance.  Also ECU still has their Ace available because they didn't start him today.

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

This "teams that win G1 win 80% of the series" thing is some stupid shit.  I figured out a couple of years ago that the percentage is even higher if you look at teams that win G2.

Wonder what the percentage is when the G1 loser is the Vegas favorite. 

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

True enough.  But their starter just got his 8th K, while ours just gave up a 6th run, and the options behind him are not  . . . good.

This one's slipping away.  And we need the first two games, really badly.

Baseball doesn’t slip away. There’s no clock telling us when it’s done and we’ve proven even this year that 4 runs is not a mountain.