Greenville Super Regional: Texas @ East Carolina

Horny Bull

Just now, MirrOlure said:

Did we make contact with pitches in those games? Asking for a friend.

We strike out a lot. That’s been a theme since Pierce arrived. I also don’t think us scoring 5 runs in 7 innings is somehow unthinkable. It’s not like this is the first time this has happened 

10 minutes ago, chemHORN said:

I'm sure you do, but it was clear this was gonna be the outcome.  He didn't look good from the start.  Pulling him wouldn't have been throwing in the towel anymore than leaving him in has been, and we would've had him for a possible game 3, possibly in better form.  Now we won't have gotten a good game out of him, and he won't be available, save maybe a one inning appearance.  Also ECU still has their Ace available because they didn't start him today.

Hansen is our best pitcher. Pulling him in the first inning because he allowed 2 singles and a bunt single with a passed ball in there is stupid af. This is baseball. We were down 3-2. Guys have to battle through when they don’t have their stuff.

ECU doesn’t have an ace. Mayhue was their most reliable starting and their closer started for the first time in forever last week.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

We strike out a lot. That’s been a theme since Pierce arrived. I also don’t think us scoring 5 runs in 7 innings is somehow unthinkable. It’s not like this is the first time this has happened 

we have 7 innings to score 5 runs? 

9 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Why?  Have you not seen our record in true road games?  This was always going to be tough. 

Your right, what the hell was I thinking. 

thinking Texas could come in here and beat a powerhouse like ECU

4 minutes ago, OB3 said:

Hope we can repeat what we did to Tennessee Tech back in ‘18

and go 2 and Q in Omaha? Seems right for this team. Either way I'm just glad we got to host and made it out the regional given how the season went. Not being in Austin for the Super was always going to be a problem.

2 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Your right, what the hell was I thinking. 

thinking Texas could come in here and beat a powerhouse like ECU

I don’t know why you are pretending they aren’t good. Just because they aren’t a baseball power doesn’t mean this years team isn’t really good.

Just now, UTEX_ME said:

and go 2 and Q in Omaha? Seems right for this team. Either way I'm just glad we got to host and made it out the regional given how the season went. Not being in Austin for the Super was always going to be a problem.

I’d rather go to Omaha than not. I’m not sure why you wouldn’t