Massive data breach in China

F250

Someone hacked the Shanghai National Police database and is offering to sell the data for $200k in BTC. The NYT claims to have verified some of the sample data that was released. The ChiComs are currently erasing any mention of the data breach over in China.

All that personal data China keeps on it's citizens just fell into someone else's hands.

ChinaDan_China_leak.png

China Tries to Censor What Could Be Biggest Data Hack in History.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/05/business/china-police-data-breach.html

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

The CIA doesn’t need the money.

Hell they have several bitcoin wallets that have been lost over the years anyways. My guess is we already bought it and is now setting up someone to get cracked by the Chicoms for this here soon.

the funny thing is nobody needed to break into it. 

the data was breached because someone made a software engineering blog post, and they showed a snippet of the code in a screenshot that unwittingly(?) exposed the access key needed to get into the database.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 52-80 said:

the funny thing is nobody needed to break into it. 

the data was breached because someone made a software engineering blog post, and they showed a snippet of the code in a screenshot that unwittingly(?) exposed the access key needed to get into the database.

So Charlie Strong was right-- social media will be the downfall of (Chinese) society.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NoName said:

Brunt Ends is the new NIL program they are going to put together for this specific project. QUICK MAKE IT HAPPEN @RGBIII AND @immamac

Brunt Ends???  Let me guess; this was supposed to be an NIL partnership with Ricky's weed business, called Blunt Ends, but with the Chinese Language barrier thing...I'll just see myself out.