• Replies 36.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crash_davis

• nnm

• Armybrat

• Message Board User

Even the comics that appear at those have joke writers.  The only regulars that I know write all their own shit are Ross, Jezelnik, and (the late) Gerardo.  Nikki Glazer, who is not funny on stage, admitted she had about 50-75% of her stuff written for her (that was used on stage, I mean). 

That's why you'll see so many back-and-forths between the non comedic talents up there...the same writer gives the first one a joke about the other on the dais.  Then that second person comes up there a few guests later and zings that first person using the first person's joke from earlier.  Those people aren't that funny, it's a handful of writers telegraphing jokes around the dais.  I still enjoy these for the most part.  But it was a bit of a bummer to learn just how much the pro comics still rely on writers for these things.  They can't all be Don Rickles and just riff on faces and careers like he could.  All that to say, this is what makes Edward Norton's roast of Bruce Willis so impressive.  

Anyway, back to LOL time.  this fucking cat.

He told three jokes, and the punch lines of each were about her family, Alec Baldwin, and  NBA/hip-hop stars. He didn't actually disrespect her being trans. Lighten up.
Well the 1st and 3rd can be interpreted towards jenner not wanting a white dick or giving the daughters daddy issues.

Both were funny

Even the comics that appear at those have joke writers.  The only regulars that I know write all their own shit are Ross, Jezelnik, and (the late) Gerardo.  Nikki Glazer, who is not funny on stage, admitted she had about 50-75% of her stuff written for her (that was used on stage, I mean). 
That's why you'll see so many back-and-forths between the non comedic talents up there...the same writer gives the first one a joke about the other on the dais.  Then that second person comes up there a few guests later and zings that first person using the first person's joke from earlier.  Those people aren't that funny, it's a handful of writers telegraphing jokes around the dais.  I still enjoy these for the most part.  But it was a bit of a bummer to learn just how much the pro comics still rely on writers for these things.  They can't all be Don Rickles and just riff on faces and careers like he could.  All that to say, this is what makes Edward Norton's roast of Bruce Willis so impressive.  
Anyway, back to LOL time.  this fucking cat.
God i miss greg gerardo.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Speedtrucker said:

He probably has a writer for him, he’s been trying his hand as a standup comic in the off-season. Even think he hosts at some comedy club or something.

Saw an interview once, he isn’t that funny.

That guy has the personality of a piece of plywood. He isn't going to make it as a comic.