Post a pic that makes you lol

Born Burnt

2 hours ago, blacklab said:

I worked there in 85 and 86. God damn it was hot as fuck.

I was at a night game in ‘86 when the crowd erupted in a cheer when the scoreboard temperature fell to 99F in the 9th inning. We were leaving the game, and a hefty gal in front of us had chips stuck to the back of her sweaty thighs. Good times. 

• Replies 36.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crash_davis

• nnm

• Armybrat

• Message Board User

You could sit in right field for two bucks, (right field was shadier plus you could see the scoreboard) and if you parked at the factory across the street you didn't have to pay for parking.  Beer was two bucks.  I went to thirty or forty games a year back in the day.  

8 hours ago, markstanco said:

Why? That was the most generic stadium ever. Terrible. Minor league ball parks are better. A field and seats going up at a 35 degree angle with nearly zero seats able to find shade.

arlington_stad_2.jpg

Well it was technically a converted minor league park so this hits close to home.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, markstanco said:

Why? That was the most generic stadium ever. Terrible. Minor league ball parks are better. A field and seats going up at a 35 degree angle with nearly zero seats able to find shade.

arlington_stad_2.jpg

I think the picture you posted was when it still was a minor league ballpark. 

They added the upper deck and some other stuff when the senators moved there. 

960x0.jpg%3Ffit=scale

arlington16_top.jpg

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, sdm said:

Stadium didn't even have proper bullpens. Pitchers warmed up in an area just outside the foul line. They had to warm up with one eye on the batter so they didn't get beaned.

You mean like most stadia built at that time?  

I see they moved wrigley field bullpens during the last renovation. Giants might still use foul territory bullpens, and rays.

Edited by Pato del Muerto

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I think the picture you posted was when it still was a minor league ballpark. 

They added the upper deck and some other stuff when the senators moved there. 

960x0.jpg%3Ffit=scale

arlington16_top.jpg

Another couple of great pics.  First pic must've been the full house to see  "Nuke" LaLoosh make his major league debut. 

1 hour ago, sdm said:

Stadium didn't even have proper bullpens. Pitchers warmed up in an area just outside the foul line. They had to warm up with one eye on the batter so they didn't get beaned.

In that ‘86 game I mentioned above, we were about 5 rows up on the right field line. Mitch Williams was a rookie, and there was a steady stream of teenage girls coming down to the railing trying to get The Wild Thing’s attention as he was warming up. 

On 8/28/2019 at 8:36 PM, Hate said:

If you watch more of the video, you'll see a fan taunting an Indians player who tried to jump on the dugout to get to him. The fan is very calmly standing there waving for him to come on. 

That's fantastic.  The fan looked to be at least 60 years old and no fucks were given.

I never said it was a good stadium. We had season tickets when I lived there 90-92 and I went to a ton of games. It was during the Nolan Ryan years along with Julio Franco and Ruben Sierra. I have some very fond memories of the place.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2019 at 1:43 PM, HornsOverIthaca said:

I thought it was called Turnpike stadium.

This is correct. Prior to having bleacher seats in the OF there was a wooden fence with ad boards and grassy slopes instead of seats past 1st and 3rd bases .  Went to many a game at the old Turnpike Stadium. 

On 8/30/2019 at 1:46 PM, ImissWallyPryor said:

In that ‘86 game I mentioned above, we were about 5 rows up on the right field line. Mitch Williams was a rookie, and there was a steady stream of teenage girls coming down to the railing trying to get The Wild Thing’s attention as he was warming up. 

I’m 90% sure I was sitting near you at that game. I was only 8 so hard to know for sure. My 18 year old cousin, who was drunk I’m sure, was one of the teenage girls going down to get his attention. He finally threw a ball to her. Probably so she would shut up and leave. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YoungCounty said:

I’m 90% sure I was sitting near you at that game. I was only 8 so hard to know for sure. My 18 year old cousin, who was drunk I’m sure, was one of the teenage girls going down to get his attention. He finally threw a ball to her. Probably so she would shut up and leave. 

pics of your cousin?

On 8/31/2019 at 5:23 PM, ChiTownDoc said:

Mike Stoops.  Lost.  Shocking.  Easy lulz

C31EAC6F-7592-42F3-A0DF-344581FFED51.jpeg

1. I don't get it.  What am I missing?  That's Mike in the visor, right?  What's funny about a picture of him looking at a guy to his right?

2. Are analysts really allowed on the field during the game?  That seems like coaching.