• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crash_davis

• nnm

• Armybrat

• Message Board User

1 hour ago, huge said:

I think I speak for many when I ask "who?"

Carol Burnett.  The poster above me made the remark "I saw it in a window and I just had to have it."  From one of the most iconic sketches of all-time, the Gone with the Wind one where she makes the dress out of the curtains like the original, but she leaves the curtain rod in tact.  I know y'all are of different ages, but it wasn't an obscure Lobo reference.  It's probably one of the top 3 scenes of one of the 3 sketch shows of all time:

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Carol Burnett.  The poster above me made the remark "I saw it in a window and I just had to have it."  From one of the most iconic sketches of all-time, the Gone with the Wind one where she makes the dress out of the curtains like the original, but she leaves the curtain rod in tact.  I know y'all are of different ages, but it wasn't an obscure Lobo reference.  It's probably one of the top 3 scenes of one of the 3 sketch shows of all time:

Lobo, your mind is a raging torrent flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into waterfall of creative alternatives.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Lobo, your mind is a raging torrent flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into waterfall of creative alternatives.

I raged your mom's torrent rivulet into her waterfall.  Dammit!  

csb/irl/  Longtime friend who was a Naval intelligence officer-AFRICOM (O-3).  We did investments together, I consulted on his minerals software company, served on a number of non-profits together, closed down bars together, wives were friends, etc.  Years ago, he tells me "Your fact pattern recognition is good.  Your ability to connect things that nobody else sees is good.  And the speed by which you do both is good, a rare trifecta.  For shits 'n giggles, I'm gonna proctor you this test from Naval Intelligence.  It's not classified but it's not for public consumption so I'll watch you take it for both our amusements."  It was weird, I took it, that was that.  He comes back and basically looks at me like Jerry looks at George after Costanza has that big emotional breakdown with Jerry...and ostensibly says, "Uh...good luck with all that Lobo."  So I prodded, "C'mon man, tell me what it said.  I know I'm not DIA material...but c'mon."  Basically tells me I landed in a weird and rare rubric that says I shouldn't work with any organization of any kind, ever.  Even with my skill set, I'm untethered and would immediately be deemed easily compromised, and a threat to national security.  "A simple pass/fail would suffice, asshole!" /csb      My mom was right, I'm not special...but I am different.  And not in a good way.

15 hours ago, Superhero said:

Lol at the boy in red

A friend of mine who coached at one of the HS in Abilene ISD told me that a few years ago, a teacher injured his back breaking up a fight between two girls in the hallway. They denied his request for workman's comp because he was not the designated person to intervene.

When my wife taught, she had a student that would run around the classroom, throwing shit on the floor, jumping on tables and countertops and screaming in the other kids faces. All she was allowed to do was say "please stop"  and wait for someone from the office to come take him away to calm down. He would do this several minutes before someone would show up. There is a reason most of the new teachers quit by year 3.

My elementary school nun teacher, Sister Mary Gotti, would have knocked us into next year. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Lobo said:

that dress is in the Smithsonian lol

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, Lobo said:

I know that sketch.  But I thought you were talking about the dress wearer.  Obviously.