Texas vs. #1 Alabama

Pancho

True….but, ya gotta give a ton of credit to Sark for bringing Patterson in….obvious that we are playing D better….wonder whose idea it was…

Some of it is bc we’re in year 2 with the same coaching staff, some of it is the guys that aren’t playing on this years team, and of course some of it seems like GP.
Or squats at least. You would think at least one of them knew the art of squating up and down on the D

Sounds very dangerous for the D
  • Hook 'Em 3

Sitting here smoking a cigar to finish off the evening and It’s such a strange feeling.

We kicked the shit out of them for most of the game. Defense played their balls off. Offensive line is learning and growing with each snap. We have the best running back in America. 

And Ewers is fucking hurt.

Fuck me.

Edited by Ghost of Shag
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Sitting here smoking a cigar to finish off the evening and It’s such a strange feeling.

We kicked the shit out of them for most of the game. Defense played their balls off. Offensive line is learning and growing with each snap. We have the best running back in America. 

And Ewers is fucking hurt.

Fuck me.

I was with you right up until the last sentence. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

To all those claiming how great the Bama fans were.... They are the most two faced fan base I've ever encountered. They will shake your hand, say how you deserved the win, and then walk off with the horns down while you're not looking. Much like their football team.
Don't be fooled. They are the used car salesmen of college football fan bases. 

Fuck em.

My last encounter with bama fans was a hungover post 2010 national championship morning at LAX terminal where my Fargo gate was next to Tuscaloosa, Birmingham, Montgomery, mobile, Florence etc

So that was cool.

24 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

The throw to Sanders last week was better.  Both were really good.

No.. that was a 20 yard deep out to the field side and he just flipped the ball. It looked like he was just throwing it to a back in the flat. That was a  Josh Allen/Mahommes type throw 

• Hook 'Em 1

you can't tell me his calf or the side of his leg wasn't touching the ground

image.png.06cd041a760ac523c80b6cea09b25d27.png

It’s over. Refs are undefeated. It resulted in a short field that we used to get three points and take time off the board.

You want to be pissed? Let the hate grow for ‘Bama’s dirty fucking play. That Dallas Turner hit was absolutely meant to hurt Ewers. It’s a dangerous and dirty play that shouldn’t be okay. With Ewers, we win that game and they know it. Colt injury was a legal play, Ewers was not.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

This game might be a turning point for Card where game slows down, I doubt it, but I hope so.

he will be great backup if Ewers/doctors figures out the injury. Lot of missed opportunities to step INTO throw downfield that fell short

But how is Card?  He had a sprained knee or ankle.  Could not do long throws after Alabama twisted his leg.

We have games before Quinn gets back.

3 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

Kind of cool to see so many players Tweeting out how much they love the team, longhorn nation, etc right now. Can't remember seeing something like that after a loss.

Also - sounds like we had a great crowd. Will Anderson said craziest he's ever played in. Love to hear it. Good job fans.

Don't know that I like that.  You want hungry, not satisfied after a loss.

11 minutes ago, bullet said:

You don't deserve to move up with a loss.  It was still a loss.

You play #1 within a point, it seems likely that you are a top 20 team. Either they move Texas up or move Bama down. I do not think it really matters. The next 2 weeks will tell us if this is a new Texas. The Herman era can pretty much be summed up as getting up for a big game and losing all momentum vs an inferior opponent the next week. Texas comes out next week playing like this and I will start singing “Don’t stop Believing”. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

This doesn't make any sense. 

So you think aggy should be ranked above Texas after they lost to App State? There will be several teams in the top 25 after a loss. 

We get ranked when we beat somebody.

2 minutes ago, Shaggyhorn said:

Go away.

Our boys should absolutely be proud of themselves… pissed but proud. Rest up and bring it Monday. Take this performance and channel it into the domination we put all over UTSA.

Also, you’re a moron for suggesting we shouldn’t move up in rankings after losing. Aggie and Notre Dame lost to far inferior teams. We took the number one team in the nation to the last 10 seconds and did it with our backup QB. Style points matter.

You're a moron for thinking ND and aggy should still be ranked.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

20 minutes ago, bullet said:

You don't deserve to move up with a loss.  It was still a loss.

They’re rankings, not standings. It’s literally people voting on who they think the best 25 teams are. Texas will get votes because they played essentially an even game against the overwhelming #1 team (according to these same voters), and it’s not unreasonable to vote for them. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sir Ulrich said:

We'll end up about 18 if I had to guess. Nobody but Kentucky had a better showing than we did in the 15+ range

My thought was 22-25 but I could see this as well.

And really, it don't make a shit either way. Win, get to Dallas (second time, not the gimme first time), win again, and I fucking dare you to keep Texas out of the playoffs. 

6 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

They’re rankings, not standings. It’s literally people voting on who they think the best 25 teams are. Texas will get votes because they played essentially an even game against the overwhelming #1 team (according to these same voters), and it’s not unreasonable to vote for them. 

People always bitch about teams scheduling shit non-conference teams and then they don't want to reward Texas for playing the #1 team in the country close. 

Winning matters but who you plays also matters. For example, Wake Forest being ranked above Texas because they're 2-0 against VMI and Vanderbilt is fucking stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Rankings don't matter.  Who gives a shit.  Texas showed that they are not a pushover.  Win out and they control their destiny. When it comes to this loss, it will be considered a quality loss but most of the country will agree it was a game where shady shit happened.  It wasn't ticky tacky stuff it was blatant stuff that didn't happen.  But it's gonna be how we close the rest of the year.  If you want rankings yeah. Texas moves to 15

• Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

I hate early polls and I am against having them before October. That said if you doing it correctly, you should see crazy volatility the first few weeks. Instead people vote based on personal expectations of teams (see A&M #6 after an ugly SHSU game) and not on the teams actual performance. You can’t vote Bama as a top 5 team and not rank Texas. Based on 2 weeks of play the teams performed at similar levels. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

Bama might not be the best team this year, but on talent alone they are a top 5.   Based on how we have played our first 2 games, there are not 25 or more teams who look better.  Losing Ewers hurts, I would bet on somewhere around 21-22 on Monday, but I would bet a LOT that we get ranked.   Doesn’t mean anything, but it will happen.  

Was at a funeral all day so just watched this game. With Ewers Texas wins by 10 imo. We won’t win another game until he starts again - Card can’t win against any FBS team we face imo. He’s absolutely worthless and every defense can stack the box and we can’t do anything about it. That defensive effort. was amazing. The speed is better than we’ve had in a decade at least. Good signs there. Horrific signs at QB. 

Get well soon, Ewers. Horse tranquilizers work …

Name the dollars. We will be ranked in the top 25. 
We're already ranked - in the coaches poll. I think whether we get into the AP is going to depend on the news about Ewers. Voters might wait to find out. I'm not sure we deserve a top 25 if we have to depend on Card for half the season.
  • Hook 'Em 1