Texas vs. #1 Alabama

Pancho

12 hours ago, El Squared said:

I’m so tired of posters calling the refs “ incompetent “. 
It has nothing to do with their competence, please use the correct description if you are educated: “deliberate fuckery”

One  would have to be completely obtuse to think the deliberate fuckery didn’t affect the game’s outcome. Whether it’s because they have a boner for Texas or needed a new vehicle, it’s not a random “oops”, so please stop blaming their competence. 

This unfortunately is not going to disappear with relocation to the SEC. 

One ref.  The one who called the bogus targeting.  He must have worked the Oklahoma St. game.  Or he's an aggy.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, po elvis said:

I believe if he was down, then the late hit on the QB stands.

The fact that we got the ball back in good enough field position to get three points out of it probably made it better for us. Yeah we could have gotten two points then maybe drive the field, but who knows. It gave us a very good chance at three as it was.

The non call PI and face mask were the killers.

There was NO late it.  He avoided the QB.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Llogg said:

Ankle? That's not the rule. Knee is up, he rolls over on top of the defender, not down. Not intentional grounding b/c #2 was in the area. That's being generous, sure, but it's not the most egregious call of the game by a large margin.

Screenshot_2022-09-11_09-10-41.png

Damn you’re wronger than a mother fucker 

The fact that we got the ball back in good enough field position to get three points out of it probably made it better for us. Yeah we could have gotten two points then maybe drive the field, but who knows. It gave us a very good chance at three as it was.

They never blew the whistle, can’t be a late hit. 

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, bullet said:

We've had a bunch of bad snaps.  That wasn't do to rushing it.  Our snapper needs a LOT of work.

The snaps have been fine.  A few of the holds have been iffy and we're now on our 2nd holder

Edited by WBT

If they blow the whistle correctly when he was down, there's no "late" hit. Regardless, the refs fucking up directly took 2 off the board for us 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bigcigar said:

I think Card played better than I feared immediately after the injury. That said, he forced us into severely limited playbook and change in game plan. I appreciate his grit and smart decision making, but it’s ok to call a spade a spade

I'll be curious to see the game plan next week. The play calling was much more conservative after Ewers went out even before Card got hurt. 

Bama has a Bill O'Brien problem

Posted on 9/11/22 at 1:11 pm
uArw.png9dArw.png2
This offense has no continuity at all. There is nothing about it that puts a defense in panic mode. 5 stars across the board but average O line play, no NFL backs on this team and below average receiver play. Bill O'Brien is a cancer that must be cut out if we ever want to play and win at a championship level again.  

It was refreshing to watch Sarks play calling put the stress on our defense. It reminded me 2020. If Nick doesn't make some changes and get this fixed Sark is going to take over the West in 2 years.
  • Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

ball still has to go beyond the LOS

I’m lost on this and probably missing the obvious but what is the difference between this, and a qb throwing it at the defensive lineman’s feet or one of them blocking a pass on a screen play? Most of those screen plays start with the rb catching it behind the LOS. 

3 hours ago, bluto said:

Wtf does tackle box havebto do with the play when the ball didn’t even make the goal line 

He’s a sooner so he’s used to cheating

14 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

I’m lost on this and probably missing the obvious but what is the difference between this, and a qb throwing it at the defensive lineman’s feet or one of them blocking a pass on a screen play? Most of those screen plays start with the rb catching it behind the LOS. 

No receiver in the area 

3 hours ago, JBJ said:

The ref has to determine if the throw would have been grounding had the defender not hit it.

Believe the rule is if the ball is tipped no intentional grounding can be called.  Thus once they decided he wasn't down,  don't think they could call intentional grounding once they determined the ball was tipped.  I was sure there was going to be a riot if the targeting had stood.  Place was......Angry

8 minutes ago, Loop 1604 said:

He’s a sooner so he’s used to cheating

No receiver in the area 

Then the refs must have ruled the wr @Constant pointed out was in the area, or at least where Young was trying to throw the ball, which would almost be impossible for him to recognize in that split second. 

while ewers' injury was gut-wrenching to see, especially considering the history with colt - card kept his composure against what many thought was the best d in the country, fighting thru injury, limping to first downs, doing his best on the shots downfield. we saw a matured qb, that absolutely has benefited greatly from another year of development and sark deserves a ton of credit for that. he was poised and probably had enough for the W without the injury. and right now, his release is too slow, ability to read a d too confused, and accuracy too consistently off target to be a championship threat. against the top ranked team in the country, it was still damn near enough.

the defense was dominant for almost the entire game outside of the 81yd run which was simply a great call perfectly executed by bama. and the soft, late 4th prevent type d with a ton of cushion probably gave us the best shot to get the W, even if we would have liked to keep the pressure on and not change what was working.

the d played more cohesively and with more effort than anything seen at texas since 2009 - bo davis energy, patterson input, new talent coming in and other players showing development, finally fucking solid tackling! pk silenced the critics and this d, if it only plays up to the same level, is going to give every remaining team on the schedule a ton of problems. defense made plays at all levels and held the heisman winning qb to a single touchdown.

we need sark and card or wright or murphy (or why the hell don't we get rojo in) and the ol to focus on the run game for the next 3. take a few shots downfield and get touches for worthy, whittington, and sanders, but give bijan big yards for these next few. and supplement with rojo, k-rob, etc. keep the lockdown d, and we can slow down on the uptempo stuff while ewers is out and just pound the ball consistently.

we'll be 4-1 and top 10 before ewers comes back to haunt ou. i would wager the staff will do whatever they can to get ewers back on the field in dallas.

and fuck if that happens, show me a loss.

4 hours ago, Bevo said:

They said it was a targeting call not targeting and a personal foul. The targeting was evaluated and found incorrect.

In fact though, everything about that officiating was wrong. It was a safety. The player's ankle was down. There was no targeting. There was no personal foul. There was a holding that wasn't called.

This is right. Every single aspect of the officiating of that play was incorrect. They could not of fucked it up any more. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DoneWithit said:

Then the refs must have ruled the wr @Constant pointed out was in the area, or at least where Young was trying to throw the ball, which would almost be impossible for him to recognize in that split second. 

There were no Bama players anywhere on that half of the endzone, eligible or ineligible.

1 hour ago, DoneWithit said:

running back #2 was there and Young did see him imo, gotta give the guy credit for getting rid of the ball even though he was down

1 hour ago, TheAuditor said:

Believe the rule is if the ball is tipped no intentional grounding can be called.

The rule is whether the ball would have been legal if not tipped.  Same for when a QB is hit while throwing.  It's not a penalty if the defense affects a legal pass.  It's still a penalty regardless of whether the defense affected an illegal pass.

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, bullet said:

There were no Bama players anywhere on that half of the endzone, eligible or ineligible.

Bullet, go look at what he posted and you can clearly see the Bama rb circled, which the stupid refs clearly thought Young was throwing towards as he was going down. He’s close enough for a smooth brain ref to think Young could actually complete that pass. Hell, the rb he was throwing to actually gave up because like everyone else watching, he knew Young was down. 

Your team played lights out and it should have been a "W" for the Horns. That thread was epic. Anyway, War Eagle and Hook 'em Horns. Good luck and health to you all this year. I hope your QB heals up nicely. Hell of a game to watch.

PS - On another note, the internet archives are missing the 2010 natty thread from the old shaggybevo site. I'd really like to revisit that thread, with the MS Paint illustrations and all. How is the UT pimp these days? LOL!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Ghost of Shag said:

I hate to go all Satya here but some of you guys are high. Top 15 team at the end of the year? 4-1 going to The RRS? 

If Card is the quarterback, much less if he has a high ankle sprain (and Depp’s info better measure up or he should get net bombed into oblivion), we aren’t getting to RRS at 4-1. 

Big 12 offenses are going to be better than Bama’s was. Not more talented, but more proficient. They will play with faster tempo and will exploit areas—like the middle of the field—that were open against Bama but BoB wouldn’t take advantage of.

I’m thrilled with the apparent improvement on defense but getting up for a game against the #1 team in the nation in front of 105,000 at home is easy. Going to Lubbock is a different story.

Out season always rode on Ewers being healthy. Without him, we’re a 6-6 team. We hope. 

Seriously?  Tech who needed overtime to score 33 on defensive juggernaut Cougar high?  I am sorry but the pirate isn't in Lubbock anymore.  Their defense won't be harder to defend than Bama's was.  They don't have the linemen nor the the athletes....

As for Card, he was the better QB at the end of last season but got injured.  The biggest difference for him going forward is we have a functional offensive line to not have him getting drilled every snap.

1 hour ago, Llogg said:

I was wrong about him being down. I'm not wrong about whether it should have been grounding. Regardless, I'll eventually get something right while you'll always be a tiny dicked asshole.

Perhaps but those who have the mentality of a 4 year old instantly resort to dick insults. 

On 9/10/2022 at 3:58 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Rewind a little further and Bryce young’s calf is on the ground as he is laying across sweat, making him down by contact before he throws the ball. 

Why wasn't this part reviewed?  It was a weird play, weird flag, weird explanation, weird result.  The QB was down and we should have gotten a safety. I fucking HATE it when officials determine the outcome of games with bad calls.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, smoky said:

What was also telling was the entire Alabama offense went to the sidelines. I'm guessing they thought it was a safety too.

If they thought it was just 4th down, at least their line would've stayed for the point.

So you think the OLine is also the blockers on the punt team? That’s rich.

24 minutes ago, Ojo Rojo said:

Why wasn't this part reviewed?  It was a weird play, weird flag, weird explanation, weird result.  The QB was down and we should have gotten a safety. I fucking HATE it when officials determine the outcome of games with bad calls.

What was the explanation?

”I misheard the penalty?”

36 minutes ago, Ghost of Stevie Ray said:

After watching that Dallas Turner hit again…….fuck that guy, he knew exactly what he was doing

I’m still pissed. My Bama friends (yes I have some unfortunately) best keep their distance or watch their words around me for a couple of weeks. Fuck that Guy for sure.

I’m also sick of all of the “legal hit” people. I heard Bucky say it in the post game and Eric Nahlin say it too as well as the usual internet trolls. It was illegal for the exact reason Ewers is out for  4-6 weeks. 

Edited by jinx

38 minutes ago, Ghost of Stevie Ray said:

After watching that Dallas Turner hit again…….fuck that guy, he knew exactly what he was doing

Why do you think they kept face masking and pulling jerseys…they were dirt bags. They were twisting ankles in piles too. Happened to Bijan twice 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1