Texas vs. #1 Alabama

Pancho

14 minutes ago, BB65 said:

The refs absolutely can review if he was down prior to the ball leaving his hand. If the do find that he was down prior to passing then by rule if that happens in the endzone it is a safety. It should have also been reviewed since it was a potential scoring play,. All scoring plays are supposed to be reviewed. It was a bullshit call. It was a bullshit flag on Overshown. It was bullshit that it wasn't reviewed for being down prior to the pass. It was bullshit that intentional grounding wasn't originally called. If called it can be corrected by review. If not called it can't be corrected by review.

Sark was asked about the safety today and he said "the rule is they can't review it".  Maybe he wasn't talking about reviewing the intentional grounding and not his leg being down, though?

1 minute ago, OU Sucks said:

Sark was asked about the safety today and he said "the rule is they can't review it".  Maybe he wasn't talking about reviewing the intentional grounding and not his leg being down, though?

I assume he's just parroting the official line from Saturday because he knows that questioning it won't make any difference.  If anything it'll just turn up the fuckery.

On 9/11/2022 at 12:21 PM, Horn Dog said:

FC8E5E32-0C40-4D0B-8371-A6EC8365A810.jpeg

And there you have it. Of course the morons in the booth didn’t choose to actually review the whole play. Couldn’t call their precious Heisman front runner down in the EZ. Noooo. Had to deflect, cover-up and make a bogus call they could then “correctly reverse” saving Bama from a humiliating safety. Our D deserves better than this shit. Our D scored two points and Bama should kick to us! Easily reviewable if you look at the right pic. Review guy should never do a Texas game, or any other. Whole crew needs to do high school or Jr high for one year and then have their games reviewed before they are allowed to come back. This B12 crew has bad history. If they played football this bad, they wouldn’t be playing D1. Think Saban would put up with a game called like this if he was on our end of this shit stick? 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/11/2022 at 12:30 PM, po elvis said:

I believe if he was down, then the late hit on the QB stands.

The fact that we got the ball back in good enough field position to get three points out of it probably made it better for us. Yeah we could have gotten two points then maybe drive the field, but who knows. It gave us a very good chance at three as it was.

The non call PI and face mask were the killers.

Nope. You play to the whistle. Still on the refs to make the right call. 

27 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

The intentional grounding can't be called by review.  Whether a player is down or not can be reviewed and is reviewed all the time. Just because the player is in the endzone rules do not change.

Edited by BB65
wrong quote
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BB65 said:

The intentional grounding can't be called by review.  Whether a player is down or not can be reviewed and is reviewed all the time. Just because the player is in the endzone rules do not change.

Since when do Big 12 officials care about rules? 

8 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

They just said on 104.9 that once the ref called targeting, it could not be reviewed for a potential safety. The idiot who called roughing/targeting screwed up the play and by rule, they should have advanced the ball 15 yards. By not advancing the ball, they were admitting that they totally screwed up. It really was the worst reffing I’ve seen from Big 12 officials and that’s saying a lot. 

Disagree. All scoring plays are reviewable. Proper Spotting of the ball and clock time stops games all the time. 

On 9/11/2022 at 11:30 AM, po elvis said:

I believe if he was down, then the late hit on the QB stands.

The fact that we got the ball back in good enough field position to get three points out of it probably made it better for us. Yeah we could have gotten two points then maybe drive the field, but who knows. It gave us a very good chance at three as it was.

The non call PI and face mask were the killers.

They are punting from the 20, and Texas has super momentum with the defense scoring. Texas would have scored on the ensuing drive with the 2 points. We were fucked by the officials, Alabama easily committed over 20 penalties. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Whether he was knowingly throwing towards an eligible receiver has no bearing. Did the throw go in the direction of an eligible receiver or not?  That is what the officials decide.  Or, if it is deflected before the direction can be ascertained, a different set of rules takes over. 

You can’t make a pass when you are down

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, The Dog said:

SIAP:

Is this true?  The Fox tweet said most streamed... that doesn't include television sets, which are the bulk of eyeballs, right?  

Either way, still significant and nice to let our nuts hang.  Unranked and we still break eyeball records.  Pay attention recruits.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

By the way, Gus, Klatt & Co. and generally the whole Fox game coverage was head and shoulders above what we have been subjected to with CBS over the years. Mrs. Llama mutes the TV rather than listen to Gary Danielson. And CBS far overdoes replay, causing the viewer to miss the start if the next play. CBS interrupts live action with garbage stats and graphics ad nauseum. I’m also fairly sick of yelling Fowler and jibbajabba Herbstreit. Knowledgeable fuckers but talk too got damn much. I think CBS is phasing out.

Finally, for the record, I saw a safety, period. I was trying to estimate how far Burnip would free kick the ball and whether Nick would be better off having Reicherd just kick it off the tee and hope fir the best. Thank God that crew of eedjit refs won’t be in Tuscaloosa for next year’s game.

Edited by Bama Llama
Spelt badly
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, 40acredropout said:

Is this true?  The Fox tweet said most streamed... that doesn't include television sets, which are the bulk of eyeballs, right?  

Either way, still significant and nice to let our nuts hang.  Unranked and we still break eyeball records.  Pay attention recruits.  

Yeah I think that’s what they are referring to. 

31 minutes ago, Bama Llama said:

By the way, Gus, Klatt & Co. and generally the whole Fox game coverage was head and shoulders above what we have been subjected to with CBS over the years. Mrs. Llama mutes the TV rather than listen to Gary Danielson. And CBS far overdoes replay, causing the viewer to miss the start if the next play. CBS interrupts live action with garbage stats and graphics ad nauseum. I’m also fairly sick of yelling Fowler and jibbajabba Herbstreit. Knowledgeable fuckers but talk too got damn much. I think CBS is phasing out.

Finally, for the record, I saw a safety, period. I was trying to estimate how far Burnip would free kick the ball and whether Nick would be better off having Reicherd just kick it off the tee and hope fir the best. Thank God that crew of eedjit refs won’t be in Tuscaloosa for next year’s game.

Yeah, we fully expect next year to be worse from an officiating standpoint.

6 hours ago, FloridaHorn said:

As the targeting call was made, Overshown was standing upright and Young was on his head. It was physically impossible for either of them to have made contact above the neck and shoulders of the other player. That was the absolute worst targeting/roughing call I have ever seen.

Aren’t these referees graded after their games to determine if they are competent….or in this game….incompetent?

5 hours ago, Bobby Layne said:

Disagree. All scoring plays are reviewable. Proper Spotting of the ball and clock time stops games all the time. 

Huh. Well, I sure don't know. Erin Hogan said once the personal foul/targeting was called, it made all the other things non-reviewable. It's all besides the point at this part. 

11 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Nick is full of shit.

I guess he doesn’t listen well. Ref said it was explained to him by back judge wrong. Should’ve been just targeting, not roughing with targeting. That is why they reviewed it. He knows he was damn lucky to get out of that with just a field goal.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

I guess he doesn’t listen well. Ref said it was explained to him by back judge wrong. Should’ve been just targeting, not roughing with targeting. That is why they reviewed it. He knows he was damn lucky to get out of that with just a field goal.

Guess Nick just misremembered!

• Haha 1

My take watching the review live was that it wasn't reviewable and the ref was trying to figure out a way to overturn because it was such a shit call.. that he made up the the bit about it being explained incorrectly so he could overturn it.
By the time he figured a way out, he just went with it and neglected to review the safety, or decided in the moment that he'd already bent the rules a bit and left it at that.

Have no idea if im right, but that's what I was thinking in the moment.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, BillyBadAss said:

My take watching the review live was that it wasn't reviewable and the ref was trying to figure out a way to overturn because it was such a shit call.. that he made up the the bit about it being explained incorrectly so he could overturn it.
By the time he figured a way out, he just went with it and neglected to review the safety, or decided in the moment that he'd already bent the rules a bit and left it at that.

Yeah, I don't think that's what they were doing. You are giving them too much credit like they were working off of a flow chart or decision tree.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, BillyBadAss said:

I buy it.  And the ref in the end zone should be suspended for incompetence or corruption. 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, BillyBadAss said:

You’re completely right.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, BillyBadAss said:

Yep. And to that extent, I have to give the head ref some credit for BS’ing his way out of allowing Bama to keep the ball there. They botched that call, but it could have been a whole lot worse. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, BillyBadAss said:

Yeah, I agree with this logic.  I remember just hoping refs would figure out a way to correct their ridiculous call during the review.  That end zone view where you see when ref threw flag is just ridiculous.  You ask any reasonable football fan about that play and they'll all agree it should have been a safety.

The interesting exercise imo is, if a safety had been called and Texas ended up winning (or not winning for that matter), would ANYONE still be discussing the play?

• Hook 'Em 3

11 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

You know what the narrative would be if Bryce young was knocked out of the game early and Texas went on to barely win. 

I want to know what the coverage of the hit would have been if it was a Overshown pile driving Bryce Young instead of Dallas Turner on Ewers. 

• Like 1