Maalik Murphy should starts wherever he transfers

Zeus

1 minute ago, WBT said:

Of course it was supposed to be a screen.  But there's a reason that when DL don't bite and screens are covered that QBs are taught to spike it at the RB's feet and not to float it aimlessly into the flat

Not sure what your point is.  I didn't say it was a good throw.  It was horrible.  My point was that yet again the refs missed an obvious penalty on a MM INT.

35 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

There is nothing wrong with letting  Murphy sit a series when he is out there throwing off his back foot, missing wide open throws, and turning the ball over. 

Let him sit, compose himself and see if Arch can move the chains.

There is something wrong with throwing Arch to the wolves in that situation

10 minutes ago, ousux said:
31 minutes ago, Gucci_Suit said:
I’m sure he’ll look completely different playing QB for Arizona State or SMU. Actually he’ll just look the same.
It’s not overreaction. It’s just admitting that what your eyes tell you is the truth. 

He's already gotten offers from much higher profile teams, and I don't think anything he's done the past 2 games will change that. A lot of QB's who have gone on to have respectable NFL careers struggled early on. I'm still amazed every time I watch an NFL game and realize at one time I thought all the QB's on their roster would never make it to the league.

Ok. Love the dude and hope he does well. I see what I see and I won’t lie to myself or you guys about it. Dude has a canon. And about that’s the end of the story right there. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Source?  Swoops finished with a 56% completion ratio with 17 TDs and 13 INTs.  113 seems high

Swoopes never really flashed like MM already has. The idea that MM's performance was the worst ever is laughable. He looked all world in the 1st quarter. I wouldn't mind announcing a platoon next game, that way nobody's feeling like they got yanked or thrown out there in a panic. Otherwise MM until he puts it out of reach or melts down.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Source?  Swoops finished with a 56% completion ratio with 17 TDs and 13 INTs.  113 seems high

Sportsreference.com.  That's why I deleted it -- their QBR is different from the one I quoted from ESPN for Maalik.

Regardless, Maalik's stats are every bit as bad as Swoopes' right now.  He's barely over 50% completions with 3 TD's and 4 turnovers (and it could easily be 7 or 8).  He's had some good stretches, but overall he's been absolutely fucking awful.

And, everybody making the argument about how other quarterbacks have struggled and then turned out okay is completely missing the point.  I'm not saying Maalik shouldn't play next year, or that he'll never amount to anything.  I'm saying that right now he is a massive liability, and he shouldn't play next weekend.

But, he's going to.  And, I hope he plays the game of his life.  But, yeah, if you're not terrified of this kid starting a road game that really matters to a great season, I don't even know what you've been looking at.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Bro- The play Red fumbled on was supposed to be a pass to Sanders. So what I am saying is they tried.

This is the wrong thread but that play is the kind of bullshit that the head coach has to eat but is out of his control. That was a pivotal play. He called a good play and red decided to shit the bed. We score on that play and maybe we walk away. In context, Bijan fumbled at the goal line against tech or we win that game, whole season has a different outlook. Your all American, doak walker winning, first round draft pick shits the bed in the only place he can’t shit the bed…sark has to eat the loss. It’s unfortunate but it’s why we should allow some up and downs without the “fire” this asshole now posts. 

Edited by WinningIsHard
Your and you’re, English is hard
  • Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Anticipation…on a screen pass. A do what. Watch that replay, 4 or 5 times if you have to. Brooks shucks that DL and sits down in between his blockers, in no universe does he keep running to the sideline away from the mass of his OL on a screen pass. He should throw that ball down at brook’s feet or into the upper deck of the stands, or turn and hit kleiman in the face with it. Anything but tossing it to their only defender on the sideline. That might be the worst play in Texas history if you take all the context into consideration. Those are 3 star k-state recruits, an all American LT, several all conference players mixed in and most likely an all American rb. Fuck my life. 

I would agree with this point if not for last week when he threw a pick into a players cheat  named, and I'm not making this up, Crew Wakley who is a 24 yr old SO for BYU. You don't even have to look him up, he's as unassuming as you'd think. 

• Haha 2

Some of you would break up with the only girl who gave you pussy for looking in a guys direction

Garrett Gilbert, GJ Kinne, Shane Buechele, Cam Rising. All NFL signed or soon to be signed QBs you didn’t have patience for.

I remember how colt played in his second game. Would love to see the post Ohio State game comments then.

Goddamn y’all are drunk and stupid.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

What I learned from this thread:

Inserting true freshman Caleb Williams in the middle of the Texas-OU game = ballsy, energizing, what the team needed, this fucker might be Heisman level!

Playing true freshman Arch Manning vs. TCU, ISU, and/or Tech = throwing him to the wolves. 

Caleb had been in 3 games and attempted 11 passes and had 5 rushing attempts before 2021 TX/OU.  Is it a LOT of experience?  No, but it's more than Arch.  Also a little different throwing the hail mary of we are getting our asses kicked, just go try to do something and if it doesn't work we were losing anyway vs go in and run the offense and don't fuck this lead we have up

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Some of you would break up with the only girl who gave you pussy for looking in a guys direction

Garrett Gilbert, GJ Kinne, Shane Buechele, Cam Rising. All NFL signed or soon to be signed QBs you didn’t have patience for.

I remember how colt played in his second game. Would love to see the post Ohio State game comments then.

When has patience ever been the hallmark of a Longhorn fan?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, StassneyHorn said:

Shane had no chance of staying healthy in fuck face’s offense. It was good for him to transfer. Squints was unfortunate and that still breaks my heart. Maalik is a longhorn, I’ll fight some random strangers in a bar with him if need be. That doesn’t take away from some people on here saying Quinn sucked and they wanted to see Maalik lol. We have seen Maalik now, and he kinda sucks. He is injured, he can’t run, he doesn’t understand throwing the ball away or taking a sack, and he’s half ass cocky while being not very good yet. If he were a true freshman at 18 years old I would be fighting with you, but he’s damn near 20 and has been at Texas since January of 2022. This is his second year in the program. He should know to throw shit away, eat a sack or toss a ball down into the ground. Fuck me to tears. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Shane had no chance of staying healthy in fuck face’s offense. It was good for him to transfer. Squints was unfortunate and that still breaks my heart. Maalik is a longhorn, I’ll fight some random strangers in a bar with him if need be. That doesn’t take away from some people on here saying Quinn sucked and they wanted to see Maalik lol. We have seen Maalik now, and he kinda sucks. He is injured, he can’t run, he doesn’t understand throwing the ball away or taking a sack, and he’s half ass cocky while being not very good yet. If he were a true freshman at 18 years old I would be fighting with you, but he’s damn near 20 and has been at Texas since January of 2022. This is his second year in the program. He should know to throw shit away, eat a sack or toss a ball down into the ground. Fuck me to tears. 

I got half way then skipped

happy or sorry for you

12 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Lol wtf?

Yes the NFL QBs who is now having plenty of success as HC at Texas State

5 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Umm yea man he was fine but he got here in 2007. I don’t think we would have preferred him over the dude that played the following 2 years. 

A TON of people were calling for Colts head second year. Jevan Snead was the shiny object that year before he left and beat Tebow and Florida at Ole Miss.

Edited by StassneyHorn

3 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

I got half way then skipped

happy or sorry for you

Yes the NFL QBs who is now having plenty of success as HC at Texas State

LOL. I’ll shorten it for you, Maalik is always going to blow. Highlight throws, yes. Bone head throws, a ton of them. If he were having to play with a mediocre or average OC he would be awful. It is what it is. Luckily we have one of the best OC’s in all of college football on our staff lol. 

• Hook 'Em 1

If he were a true freshman at 18 years old I would be fighting with you, but he’s damn near 20 and has been at Texas since January of 2022. This is his second year in the program.
Do you use this logic to excuse Ewers?
A TON of people were calling for Colts head second year. Jevan Snead was the shiny object that year before he left and beat Tebow and Florida at Ole Miss.

Who?

41 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

Swoopes never really flashed like MM already has. The idea that MM's performance was the worst ever is laughable. He looked all world in the 1st quarter. I wouldn't mind announcing a platoon next game, that way nobody's feeling like they got yanked or thrown out there in a panic. Otherwise MM until he puts it out of reach or melts down.

To be clear it was specified as the last 3 quarters. Go look at the numbers and tape on that. 

Just now, Jkwellborn said:

Do you use this logic to excuse Ewers?

Who?

Ewers was playing because Tom herman was a fucking piece of shit. Card was not a very good qb, and he was all that we had to challenge Quinn. Casey Thompson and Hudson card aren’t Quinn Ewers in any aspect. Quinn needs to step up and hit the deep ball more often, without a doubt. If the defense respected the run they would play more base and Quinn would feast. He can and should continue to play better but he’s light years better than Maalik. 

Maalik will get better with experience. He is not yet where we want him to be or need him to be to be national champions with him at QB. It is unclear how fast he will progress.

There, I said the common sense thing.

Now that I said that and can just be emotional... we're doomed and Arch needs to start next week.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Yes. You are correct. I was temporarily able to block that reign of error out of my mind. Thanks for bringing that back up. 
Inwilk say this in Gilbert’s defense- that offense around him was extremely untalented. This offense around MM has 6 players at a minimum that will be drafted, most of them pretty high. 

Sorry about the unwarranted ptsd.  But yeah you're right about MM's supporting cast.  You could also be right that some of them are high. 

• Haha 1

We've got three QBs with room for two. Manning is not going to be 3rd string next year. He'll leave the program. Now is the time to make the decision. Hey, give Manning a shot and if he shits the bed, let's go forward with Maalik next year,  but putting this season on Maalik's shoulders is a mistake. 

We've got a good team supporting Manning. Let's give him a shot.

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Maalik Murphy should starts wherever he transfers